NOTICE BOARD

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Lush

Re: NOTICE BOARD

Post by Lush »

Congrats Kitty and Bupster, you sooooooooooooooooooooo both deserve promotion for all your dedication, support and friendship. Much love to you both,

Susie
xx
"I love the English language, it has a certain je ne sais qoi".

Liquid Child

Post by Liquid Child »

me so appy for u kity an busper!

Glenn xxx <:)>
Last edited by Liquid Child on 31 Oct 2008 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

Post by Kitty »

Thanks so much guys,
Glenn I don't know where you find these things but that one is seriously creepy.
How cute is that kitten Susie <:)> and Amber I'm loving the new avatar.

Happy Halloween y'all

Last night I had a dream that I got drunk with Piers Morgan - how creepy is that :o

Kitty XXX
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

Bupster

Post by Bupster »

Ooh, Kitty, that's nasty. :shock:

I'm with you on all the rest of your comments though. Thanks to everybody. :mrgreen:
Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. George Herbert

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

Post by Kitty »

There was more nastiness, but it's kind of innapropriate :shock:
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

Liquid Child

Post by Liquid Child »

Ooohwer!? :shock:

Lush

Post by Lush »

Happy Birthday Amber!

Love
Susie
xx

Mike

Post by Mike »

Amber,

You naughty nurse for not telling me.

Have a Happy and Sober Birthday

Love, Mike x

patty
Last Drink Date: 01 Dec 2017

Post by patty »

Happy birthday amber,

Hope you have a lovely day :D

love patty xx <:)>

Amber

Post by Amber »

<:)> Thanks Darcy xxxxxxxxx
The strongest among the weak is the one who doesn't forget his weaknesses.
- Danish Proverb

Amber

Post by Amber »

Thanks also to Susie, Mick dundee and Patty <:)> xxxxxxxxx <:)> <:)>
- Danish Proverb

Liquid Child

Post by Liquid Child »

Hi Amber, Happy birthday to you!!!

Love Glenn xxx <:)> <:)> <:)>

mako27

Post by mako27 »

Happy Birthday Amber, hope you are having a great day :D

Maisyx

Amber

Post by Amber »

Fiend, Hoping1, Glenn and Mako27, thank you so much for your bday wishes <:)> <:)> Have had a quite and sober bday, I hope you are all doing well tonight <:)> xxxxxx
Thanks for the lovely pic Glenn, how are u doing today and how did dr go?xx
Fiend, hope you are well and having a nice evening, I havent caught up on all the posts yet so dont know how you have been, hope you are good xx
Hoping1, I hope you are doing well honey, again not managed to catch up on how you are doing, but really hope things are going great for you <:)> xx
Mako27, thanks for the sweet message, isnt a mako a shark? sharks are cool. I hope things are going well for you xx
Muriel, what a lovely colourful happy birthday ,thank you <:)> I hope you are having a peaceful evening, but possibly not, I can hear the fireworks from here!xx
<:)> <:)>
- Danish Proverb

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

<:)> Happy Birthday! <:)>

Sorry I missed this thread!

C F

Post by C F »

I never knew this thread was for birthdays etc. I guess the title should have given it away Image

Don't forget to post when its your birthday or a special occasion guys. I would love to wish you all the best for your special times <:)>

Lush

Post by Lush »

Canary Fairy wrote:I never knew this thread was for birthdays etc. I guess the title should have given it away Image

Don't forget to post when its your birthday or a special occasion guys. I would love to wish you all the best for your special times <:)>
High five, CF! Image

Susie
xx

C F

Post by C F »

Lush wrote:
Canary Fairy wrote:I never knew this thread was for birthdays etc. I guess the title should have given it away Image

High five, CF! Image

Susie
xx
Image Hi five, Susie. Good to see you this evening x
Last edited by C F on 11 Nov 2008 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Liquid Child

Post by Liquid Child »

Hi everyone,

I think I have to post this here as I feel I owe a lot of people a heart felt apology.

It was my reasoning that Tobin did not want anyone to promote AA to other members and he created this forum to be free from the the doctrines that AA promote. However, upon further reflection of the guidelines that he himself laid out for the use of the forum I quote:
Tobin wrote:This forum is not based on the principles of AA or the 12 steps, but merely informed by your own experiences - what you have found that helps you, or not as the case may be.
This clearly shows that I stand corrected. Yes the forum is not based on the principles of AA or the 12 steps but does show that it is open to all and any discussion between its members and their experiences be it that of how AA has helped them personally which by logical deduction will include members suggesting that other members give AA a go as it may work for them too.

The only thing I can say is that I am sorry for all the kerfuffle that I feel responsible for causing and fueling a fruitless argument in my case. I really don't know what to say because I love and deeply respect all of the people here at BE especially the ones who have unconditionally gone out of their way to help me. I concede that I have been a fool and hope you can forgive me. I have very deep seated issues over religious subjects and I still firmly believe that all the evidence is there to prove that AA is a religion in itself even though its members come from many denominations or are atheists which is in itself a religion but that is whole other argument.

I hope all things are well with everyone involved and I can continue to post when and where I want as I am at at critical point in my life to making a recovery from this awful addiction that yes does cloud my judgement and quite frankly can bring out the worst of someone like myself who I consider to have a good heart and want to help others just as much as they have helped me.

Enough said. All my love my cherished friends.

Glenn XXXXX <:)>

queenie

Post by queenie »

glenn

thanks for writing this. it takes a big person to apologise - its a skill a lot of people have never developed. i suppose the lesson to take away from it all is that it is never wise to get too entrenched in a particular point of view otherwise you can lose sight of the wood for the trees. at the end of the day we are all here to try and deal with this thing and the more tools we have the better.

Q
how many therapists does it take to change a light bulb? only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change...