NOTICE BOARD

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Lush

Re: NOTICE BOARD

Post by Lush »

Congratulations on becoming a great aunt, Janette!

Susie
xx
"I love the English language, it has a certain je ne sais qoi".

C F

Post by C F »

Thats great news, Janette! Any names yet?

queenie

Post by queenie »

hi peeps

just to let you know i've given up being a moderator and i'm going to cut down how much time i spend on here. its all getting too stressful.

good luck with all your goals and good luck to the moderators and members who put their time into making this a useful forum for those people who really want to do something about their drinking, rather than playing mind games.

queenie
how many therapists does it take to change a light bulb? only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change...

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

Post by Kitty »

Missing you already Q <:)>
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

Lush

Post by Lush »

Awwwww Q I'm so sorry to hear that, I really am. I respect your decision entirely though and obviously you have enough to worry about at home with your hubby (hope he's well, btw) without the added stress of trying to keep an eye on things here. Will miss you <:)>

Susie
xx

Janette
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2008

Post by Janette »

Thanks everyone! If anyone read about my problem with my brother. Well this is his daughter's 1st baby. And yes his name was picked out months ago.

Silly me, (paranoid me) billions of people on this planet, and millions of websites and I'm thinking that someone might figure out who I am if I say his name. :roll:
Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead.

C F

Post by C F »

Queenie, you will be missed. You've been a great moderator and friend. Of course I respect your decision.

Please dont be a stranger, you offer invaluable advice for us all and your posts make me smile :)

Hope your hubby is continuing to progress. Take care Queenie, see you soon <:)>

patty
Last Drink Date: 01 Dec 2017

Post by patty »

Oh queenie,

sorry to hear that, but you'll pop back and see us wont you??? and let us know how you are. I will miss you, good luck :(

Love patty xx <:)>

Anna

Post by Anna »

Queenie...Please don't go .
You are a fabulous, intelligent and forensically fair moderator and a lovely, lovely person who has a heck of a lot on her plate and who could do with a bit more support and respect from the rest of us.
Please don't go....Bl@@dy hell , We have a legal mind ...for free!
Big hugs Queenie, Please stay ?
Anna.xx

Anna

Post by Anna »

Hi Fiendy,
Do you think perhaps we're in the last dance saloon?
If so , I do a mean rumba! :D

<:)> 's
Anna.xx

hamster
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2010

Post by hamster »

Hello All

This site is growing all the time and, with increasing member numbers I think it will happen that there will be personality clashes or people that some do not understand or, who's posts some people find are upsetting or offending.

if people get upset with other peoples post , rather than get wound up about it, they are probably better off just ignoring rather than responding .

BE has had lots of upsets on the forum over the months - There are so many members no that not everyone is going to see eye to eye.

So rather than people argue - why dont they just think "well I dont see eye to eye with X and I think I will just ignore her/his posts"

I dont think many people realise they actually have that option.

When people get really upset and say 'im going to leave the forum' - Why? they dont need to - just choose the option not to see the posters posts that is upsetting them.

Every forum has this option and for good reason. we are all different.

you cant make a Moderator a foe so if you dont see eye to eye with a moderator you cannot choose not to see thier posts. Likewise - a moderator cannot have a foe list.

I thought Id remind, therefore, that there isthe foe option - outlined below is how it can be used. This has been copied from FAQ.

There is also the Friend option, again outlined below how to use.

What are my Friends and Foes lists?
You can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I add / remove users to my Friends or Foes list?
You can add users to your list in two ways. Within each user’s profile, there is a link to add them to either your Friend or Foe list. Alternatively, from your User Control Panel, you can directly add users by entering their member name. You may also remove users from your list using the same page.

Hope this is useful to some.

Hammy
AF2011 number 10

Anna

Post by Anna »

:shock:
Last edited by Anna on 16 Nov 2008 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Gor Lummie...not going to get to the thousand at this rate.

Anna

Post by Anna »

EDITED
Last edited by Anna on 16 Nov 2008 10:00, edited 2 times in total.

Bupster

Post by Bupster »

Anna, Mike's away this weekend. He won't be back till Sunday. I expect he'll enjoy your PM, though he'll be a little confused.
Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. George Herbert

Anna

Post by Anna »

Edited
Last edited by Anna on 16 Nov 2008 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

Lush

Post by Lush »

He's not the only one that's confused. :?

Susie
xx

Anna

Post by Anna »

EDITED
Last edited by Anna on 16 Nov 2008 10:01, edited 1 time in total.

themolesmother

Post by themolesmother »

Thank all the Gods for that!

MM
The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step

Lush

Post by Lush »

I think that it's a real shame about the Rant Thread. In the beginning it was a great thread to let of steam about stuff irrelevent to alcohol (Tesco shopping trolleys for one thing!). I do think though, that the problems which have caused the demise of the Rant Thread will just shift elsewhere on the forum and maybe be even harder to keep track of.

Anna, I have to take issue with your comment about censorship and being PM'd into submission. Isn't that what you've just done to Mike by posting a PM to him on an open forum?

Ok I've said my piece and will say no more now for fear of starting the whole thing all over again - that isn't my intention.

Susie
xx