Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Tink

Re: KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

Post by Tink » 20 Jul 2011 22:54

Lizzy,

PM'd you woman, it just keeps a ringing so pick it up. :D <:)> You have the keys in your hand. Put the bottle down and get some kip then dust off and start again. You know what does this to you and you know how to stop it. Hard to do but well worth it. If at first we don't succeed try try again. <:)>

Love,
Tink
Life is a journey not a destination. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

caroline95

Post by caroline95 » 20 Jul 2011 22:56

Hey Lizzy, I remember you as being someone who struggled a lot but kept on trying - sorry you're in a bad place right now, but good to see you back again :D

Tink

Post by Tink » 20 Jul 2011 23:16

Na, not finished yet BE. Still slaving away with the math and stuff. Doing OK but math is still not my best subject. Just have to keep at it and after this just one more math and one more English then all is smooth sailing with stuff I am interested in. Thank you for asking and sending my love to you too. Thanks too for the lovely kind words. Hope you are well and life is being kind to you. You and all of you here for that matter. Gotta fly now as my books are beckoning me. I tried ear plugs but they don't seem to work. That inner voice is now all about study and drowns out the EAF at least at the moment. Not heard from that bitch in some time now and she must not like all the math stuff floating around in my head. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :lol: ;) <:)>

Love,
Tink
Life is a journey not a destination. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Tink

Post by Tink » 21 Jul 2011 00:05

Tink wrote:Knock, knock? :D

Just peekin in and finishing up some loose ends on my class work. Want to let you all know I am thinking of you but soooooooo busy at the moment.

I have peeked in and know there was a bit of commotion here of late. Sending our Dig some love. Compassion to those whom where offended. Respect to all who have responded to it and tried to sort it and to all of us who struggle with addiction.

Mistakes and confusion are a part of this process. I know cause I make mistakes and am confused all the time. :shock: Accountability is difficult and painful at times. Learning that we are responsible for our actions can be so hard to face. It can also be enlightening and empowering though.

I wanted to thank Unicorn for her post about it all. Great point and both she and I have learned much from that experience therefor I have no regrets. We can take something positive from everything we experience and turn it into growth. She certainly has and I can say I have as well. Forgiveness is important.

Forgiving ourselves and forgiving others. We are all human and without mistakes we can not learn. Sometimes however those mistakes can have long term affects and cause us regret unless we use them to change, grow and learn. Then they are tools. Tolerance is a wonderful thing. We often have so many ways we can handle things and if we just give ourselves time to sort it before we act it can save ourselves and others so much pain and suffering. Being human however that don't always happen.

Diggar is a good soul. He has issues and faults but I truly know he never means to hurt he does lash out when he himself is hurting. I think we can all say that we do that sometimes? Maybe not? Some hide and run from it and this is sometimes because of the abuse we have encountered in our lives. Abuse from others and abuse from ourselves. Recovery is a long difficult road and re teaching ourselves how to cope is often hard to master. It can happen though. Change happens when one is willing to change and willing to work to make it happen.

I often ask some people when they are telling of difficulties or saying if only this or that, What do you want? What are you willing to do to have that? How are you going to make it happen? No matter what the choice is we have to be willing to accept the accountability of it and our actions. We can do what ever we choose but are accountable for it. If we do something only we have done it. Blaming others never works when you are truly recovering.

There is always two sides to every story. Each having their own perception of the event. Misunderstanding can be a downer and it is usually because someone in that event or both in the event are not trying to see the other persons meaning. They cannot see how they are projecting themselves either. Mirrors. Then it all snowballs and everyone can then be sucked into something that two people could have discussed and cleared up without the audience. IT then becomes a mess and is blown up to a huge un-retractable un-fixable permanent issue and then, one person feels guilt and the other shame.

All could have been solved by talking to one another and trying to see where the hell the other person was coming from. Emotions run high, clear thought is hard when we are in this. It is a monster that has tried to kill us and steel our very souls. We hurt each other, we lash out, we regret, fear, deny and let pride stand in the way of understanding and compassion. It is the journey. I have been guilty of this and have been quite a drama queen myself. So many tolerated me. Some have had to put me in my place. Not an easy job because I am a pistol for sure. I have hurt others here. I have regretted my posts and sometimes deleted them after seeing what a ass I had been. Then what did I learn? I have learned for the next time to think about 5 times before I say something cause I cannot take it back once it is out there. Someone will have read it. There is a real person on the other side of that monitor with feelings, hearts, lives and pain from this addiction. I cannot always help but please don't let me make it worst I pray.

Words are powerful and can make or break us sometimes at least at the start of this. I think as time goes on and we get further away from the substance we get clear on what others mean or give them a chance to explain. Other times some are asses and maybe should be pointed out but we learn to take it with a grain of salt and add it all up to the addiction. Wait for them to see how they have been and apologize themselves for it. Most usually do. If someone is offensive, tell them to bugger off and don't open a door again to that treatment. Do a lot of self searching to see what may have led someone to think they could do that? If we find it is something we said or did that could have been taken that way it tells us to maybe sort that and make sure that we are clear about our own boundaries? In other words it usually takes two to tango. Even if the one side is dead wrong there is something there that the other side can learn and work on from it. This makes us much wiser and stronger in recovery don't you agree?

Always consider the source and perception of the other person. Andy, I learned that from you and how impatient I was with you. Even though someone apologizes it don't mean that you will ever get a chance to take it back cause once it is there it is there. The other side won't always accept it when you apologize but it isn't always about them accepting it, it is about you doing it and meaning it. Once we do that then we can let that guilt go and focus on the rest. If someone don't accept that is their choice and we cannot control what others do but only what we do. How we feel about ourselves makes a world of difference don't you think?

Most of this I learned from Freedom1 and her post about not taking anything personally. That changed me dramatically. It has been passed on from me and like a pebble in a pond changed many others who I encounter on this road to get back to myself. Thank you Freedom for that life saving and pain saving tool. XXXXXXX

OK, done with my lecture and little gift of wisdom for this time. Love you all and Dig if you are reading this, I believe in you. We live and learn mate. It is hard school but well worth it when we graduate cause nothing good ever comes that easy.

Tink <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

I wanted to move this up so it didn't get buried, wrote it so as to help and just hope it does. Love to you all X

Dizzy Lizzy
Last Drink Date: 02 Dec 2011

Post by Dizzy Lizzy » 21 Jul 2011 05:39

thank you everyone, i am going to try again, going to do a car boot in a min, first time on my own. see you all later loads of love lizzy xxx
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift because it is a presant.live in the day.

Tink

Post by Tink » 21 Jul 2011 10:42

BRAVO LIZZY! :). Hello DAB x. Have a great week everyone. X
Love you all, never surrender!
Tink

fiz
Last Drink Date: 17 Nov 2018
First Sober Date: 18 Nov 2018

Post by fiz » 21 Jul 2011 16:59

Hiya Lizzy it's good to see you back. <:)>

Tink, as always, lovely to see you too, and to get updates of your studies. <:)>

Has anyone heard how Bela is? I sent her a pm ages ago when someone said she had been in a car accident but it's still sitting there, I hope she's OK.

I was also thinking about Yorkie, hopefully she will look in and give us an update too.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Ladysnoops
Last Drink Date: 08 Apr 2012

Post by Ladysnoops » 22 Jul 2011 01:17

Thanks Dab for helping me get some advice on how to get to Bright Eyes with my Blackberry :D . No advice yet from anyone, but will keep checking to see if anyone has had success getting to BEs from a Blackberry.

Lizzy, It is so strange that the first thing I noticed tonight is that you, my good friend, are back on Bright Eyes \:)/ (::) ;)? . I've been thinking about you SO MUCH lately and I guess that is because you were coming back to your good BEs friends. Keep posting Lizzy...we are here for you and want to help you in any way that we can <:)>

I will be heading our for vacation tomorrow...returning the following Saturday (7/30). Fortunately will be with folks who are not drinkers so should not be tempted by offered drinks. Will not be able to access Bright Eyes so will miss you good folks tons :(

I hope everyone has a great weekend and week and will catch up on Saturday the 30th.

Love and big <:)> <:)> to all!!!!

Linda
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Dizzy Lizzy

Post by Dizzy Lizzy » 22 Jul 2011 19:36

oh my goodness, you are all such lovely friends of mine.i hope you are all well and i love you all. all my love lizzy xxx
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift because it is a presant.live in the day.

Maria
Last Drink Date: 13 Jul 2019
First Sober Date: 14 Jul 2019

Post by Maria » 22 Jul 2011 21:02

We're all here for you Lizzy... have been wondering how you are .. <:)>
Never stop trying... Never stop believing .. Never give up .. Your day will come !

zelda
Last Drink Date: 29 Mar 2019
First Sober Date: 30 Mar 2019

Post by zelda » 22 Jul 2011 21:14

Lizzy <:)> <:)> <:)>
Not enough kisses to send you my girl.
Keep your chin up.
thinking of you and wishing you well as always.
Zedders xxxxxxxx \:)/
Zelda: "Oh blimey, I could kill a glass of wine".....
Glass of Wine "Oh blimey , I could kill Zelda".....

Yorkie
Last Drink Date: 20 Jun 2011

Post by Yorkie » 23 Jul 2011 21:25

Hi Lizzy, I remember you and I know that you can do this - so just keep yourself pointing in the right direction, and keep turning up - big hugs to you...Hi to my big sis Tinks, Zelda, and all of our be ers...
havn't been here for a while but am popping back in to catch up. On my way out soon, but will be back, love and hugs to all, stay happy and well one and all. ;)?
In order to be truly happy in this life I have to give up all hope of a better past.

Shelsey
Last Drink Date: 14 Jun 2013

Post by Shelsey » 23 Jul 2011 21:30

Hey Lizzy you may remember me as STB - I too have been struggling but am fighting back - am here all the way sweetheart xxxx
Aka STB - new name, still as much trouble!
AF 2012 #32

Friends lost to alcohol:
Michael - 11/09/11 - You were a beautiful person and I will miss you so much

Shelsey
Last Drink Date: 14 Jun 2013

Post by Shelsey » 24 Jul 2011 08:47

Lizzybean - just to let you know we are thinking of you all the way - hold on to us - it really does help and there are some fantastic people here who truly care xxxxxx
Aka STB - new name, still as much trouble!
AF 2012 #32

Friends lost to alcohol:
Michael - 11/09/11 - You were a beautiful person and I will miss you so much

Willy
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2012

Post by Willy » 25 Jul 2011 12:21

Hey Linda (KS), hope you are enjoying your vacation. I just finished a book that I thought you would enjoy. The Shack (William P. Young) is one the most powerful books that I've read. Keep in touch.

Steve

linda6666
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2010

Post by linda6666 » 25 Jul 2011 13:44

Just want to say a great big thank you to all of you who have put your faith in me in my sponsorship, the support is great, and one thing is for sure I WONT LET YOU DOWN ;)? all this support i have got just makes me even more determined to full-fill my promise i have made to EVERYBODY, even my G.P is behind me she has also sponsored me, so i think i can safely say your money is safe and i will continue with all my good intentions...Thanks Again your amazing \:)/ \:)/ (::) ;)?
I Have a Guardian Angel in heaven... I call him DADDY BEAR. I AM NOW 10 YEARS DRY AND LOVING IT,SO PROUD OF ME ;-)
We are all given a 2nd chance every day, it's just we don't usually take them . I TOOK MINE :\:

Dizzy Lizzy

Post by Dizzy Lizzy » 27 Jul 2011 08:34

good morning everyone, thank you for all of your support, this is day 2 for me today, will be keeping busy and going to AA tonight, i really cant go on the way i have been so heres to yet another try at it. never give up huh.
good to see you all again. love you all lizzy xxx

George

Post by George » 27 Jul 2011 08:39

Hey Lizzy

Good to see you and good luck tonight. Why not get yourself on the 7 day thread - won't do you any harm ;)?
“Now I’m sober and I realize, I didn’t drink to escape the world, I drank to escape myself”
― Phil Volatile, Crushed Black Velvet

Laura-ANewStart

Post by Laura-ANewStart » 27 Jul 2011 08:40

Dizzy Lizzy wrote:good morning everyone, thank you for all of your support, this is day 2 for me today, will be keeping busy and going to AA tonight, i really cant go on the way i have been so heres to yet another try at it. never give up huh.
good to see you all again. love you all lizzy xxx

Good luck with AA and day 2 Lizzy xx

Tink

Post by Tink » 02 Aug 2011 04:23

Tap, tap, tap on the window :P

Hi, just peekin in to say I am good. Just studying cause I have finals this week for the quarter and that math is taking a toll on me ole brain.

As for the dancing naked, that was me not Lizzy JO. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Skinny dippin in the pool now I got them tad poles out of there. :lol:
mutley.gif
mutley.gif (9.3 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Wanna yell out to Unicorn ,Jarvis, Mike ,you my darlin Jo, Fizzy bomb and just all of you. I miss you to bits but duty calls. Life gets hectic sometimes when we are trying to make our dreams come true and I am working at it mates. Ya didn't waste your time on me see, I am making it all pan out.

I am off for two weeks in about a week and will be by to holler at ya's. Give ya a proper hello and update. I will do some catching up then but want you to know you are all in my heart and I keep ya with me all the time. Holding my hand when I get scared cause even when I am scared, with you by my side I can be brave. I am proud of you all and hope to make you all proud of me as well.
nykisssmiles.gif
nykisssmiles.gif (74.13 KiB) Viewed 775 times
So sorry I haven't had time to reply to the kind and loving PM's and emails but please know I haven't forgot you and you do matter. Those PM's keep me motivated and I do read them but do not have much time at all. My hair is a wreck and we won't even talk about my nails. I need a blacksmith instead of a pedicurist at this point. :shock:

Off to the bed I go, 5AM comes early and I am just not a good morning person. Like a old Chevy at this point, pump the gas turn the key, pump the gas turn the key, ect. then I diesel for a few hours before I finally conk out. Haaaaaaaaaaa. Gettin old ain't fer sissies mates. :shock: Ah, beats the alternative though don't it? OK, nighty night my sweet family. Take care and see you all soon.
winking_tink.gif
winking_tink.gif (29.08 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Love,
Tink