KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Tink
Last Drink Date: 26 Aug 2020

Re: KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

Post by Tink »

Yorkie,
Sending love and positive energy. I crashed by last night after hours of homework and did not read your post carefully then came back and was mortified I hadn't seen your trial! I am sorry and am sooo inspired by your courage and determination! Love to you sis. Sorry for my lack of concentration there and I know you forgive my ditsyness. X

Tink
Life is a journey not a destination. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Yorkie
Last Drink Date: 20 Jun 2011

Post by Yorkie »

Utterly forgiven Tinks <:)> (if there even is anything to forgive) You're certainly no ditz: studious hard working prof more like.
So happy to hear of your success, you too are an inspiration, When I see your journey, I cannot help but look at my own too, and if I don't acknowledge my own success, then I am turning my back on the light and refusing the outstretched hand of help. If I do that now, I know I am lost.
Just the other night, I was reading through a post or two of yours, and was struck by the overwhelming evidence that it is possible for lives to be turned around and full potentials realised..(If there is anyone reading this who has lost faith in themselves, then please read Tinks posts)
Shine on lady, I love ya loads. <:)> xx
In order to be truly happy in this life I have to give up all hope of a better past.

KraftyKat
Last Drink Date: 28 Jun 2020

Post by KraftyKat »

Wonder if anyone's heard from Laura(NewStart?) Has she re joined with a new name?
One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.
Nancy Astor

chrissy 101
Last Drink Date: 22 Feb 2013

Post by chrissy 101 »

Hi everyone.

Just dropping in to let everyone know I am ok and doing well. I have had a couple of PM's (thank you) so thought I had best show my face lol.

I am really good. We have been on holiday to Italy and I whilst there I had just two glasses of wine. I have been out a couple of times since getting home only had one or two drinks and I seem to be able to control it. I am still conscious of the slippery road I am on and am not having anything at home still and am not going to start. It is funny because when I do have a drink now I am not sure I like the feeling of loosing control and I certainly dont like the feeling on a morning cos even with two I know I have had them when I get up. So all in all I feel things are very good. How are things with you all? I do hope you are doing ok.

Just had a quick look and Linda 6666 seems to be missing. Is she ok? As Allerion been back?

Chris

x x
Chrissy 101 - In many cases people forget our "episodes" quicker than we do...but maybe this is the kind of "final straw" thing for you, a kind of push for you to decide whether you cut down or abstain completely. (Sandy) 1st July 2011

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Hey Chrissy - really good to hear from you, and to hear that things are going well for you <:)> Congrats on having a successful holiday! (::)

Linda6666 is on hols herself at the moment, in Lanzarote, but has posted in the last day or so (on the Will Not Drink Today and Haven't Had A Drink threads, if memory serves...)

I'm afraid I haven't seen any sign of Allerion for quite some time. I hope he's well.

I do know where Unicorn is, though. She decided to take a short break from BE. She works from home and found that she was spending more time on the forum than she could afford (I guess a lot of us know how addictive the forum can be!).

She said that she planned to take a month or two away, to concentrate on her life and to test her sober wings away from the BE nest. She also said that she'd miss everyone while she gone, but that this was just something she felt she needed to do.

I know that she intends to return at some point though.

Best wishes,
Mark

PS. Hi BE44! You beat me! :lol: <:)>
"There is no 'us' and 'them'; it's an illusion. We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibilty to support one another." Roger Waters

scrunchie
Last Drink Date: 29 Oct 2011

Post by scrunchie »

Hello everyone,

Not sure if anyone will remeber me as I have been away for some time. I have been sliding downhill for quite some time now and if I dont do something I am going to lose sight of the top altogether. My husband hung himself this year, and things have been very very tough for me and my son. I am okay when he is awake but once he is in bed I cant bare to be by myself....I numb the pain, but there are things I need to face (like dealing with the debt that has been left) and hitting the bottle is only masking reality...it doesnt make reality go away...only tougher because I have to deal with it whilst hungover.

I have recently met a wonderful man. But I am at risk of losing him because of my drinking....he has noticed I change and am not very nice when drunk (all the pent up anger probably) he is very understanding but I need to stop for me, for my son and for him.

And so here I am back again hoping that with the support of yourselves I can take the journey to sobriety once more. God, I hope I can do this....

Scrunchie xxx

Maddie
First Sober Date: 16 May 2020

Post by Maddie »

Hi Scrunchie, I remember you. I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through, that really is terrible. I think you've been incredibly brave in admitting that you need some help and support to get you through a very difficult patch, and you've certainly come to a great place here on the forum for support.

Just try to take it one day at a time, rather than looking too far into the future. Time seems to have a habit of running away rather quickly, so it's very quick to clock up some sober time once you start on that path.

Take all the support there is Scrunchie, and I really hope you get through this OK. You'll certainly get loads of support here on the forum.

<:)> <:)> <:)>

Maddie X
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Marilyn Monroe

chrissy 101
Last Drink Date: 22 Feb 2013

Post by chrissy 101 »

Hi Scrunchie, I have never spoken to you but my heart goes out to you with what you have been through. I am sure the support will always be here for you, there will be lots of good advice from lots of wonderful people. The only thing I want to say is the power is in your hands and you have the chance to make a new life for you and your son so stay strong. <:)>
Chrissy 101 - In many cases people forget our "episodes" quicker than we do...but maybe this is the kind of "final straw" thing for you, a kind of push for you to decide whether you cut down or abstain completely. (Sandy) 1st July 2011

thewho
Last Drink Date: 04 Aug 2015

Post by thewho »

scrunchie

sorry mate. Not much else to say. Bar I need to have a bit of time af, so will head over to the 7 day challenge and do some days/weeks with you!! I could do with the company, as I guess you could eh??

thewho

xantia
Last Drink Date: 05 Nov 2009

Post by xantia »

Hi to all that remember me \:)/
I pop in every now and then to see how my mates are doing <:)>
Lots of new names........You are among the "bestest" people alive ;)?
Just need to say......Two years today had my last drink ;)?

Love you all <:)>

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila »

Huge Congratulations Xantia ... 2 Years AF ... Fantastic Achievement!! \:)/ (::) \:)/ (::) \:)/
#4 on the 2020 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

xantia
Last Drink Date: 05 Nov 2009

Post by xantia »

Many thanks Sheila,
Coincidently.......I was having my " severn minutes" monthly review with my doctor last week,
He brought up the subject of past booze problems and told him that BE and ALL it's members were VERY instrumental in kicking the muck for good !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Apparently, he had heard of the billiant work you lovely people do \:)/
Take real good care <:)>

Martin x x

Tink

Post by Tink »

Hi x
Just stopping in to say...congratulations to all, good luck to all, love to all x.
Thinking of you all and carrying you with me along with all the wisdom you have shared with me.
I am well, sober and still in school. Finishing my 3rd term soon.
Thanks for helping me escape hell and start to live again. You are pure gold and I have so much gratitude for the gift you all gave me.
Sorry I don't have much time to share more today but I wanted to tell you I am thinking of you and miss you.
Sending my love and support be it what it is at the moment.:( life is very busy and changes are happening so fast. As soon as I get time to fart I will come and share.

Love and support,
Your Tink X
Life is a journey not a destination. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

diamondoll
Last Drink Date: 26 Jul 2010

Post by diamondoll »

Hi Tink,
Lovely to hear from you, and to know how well you are doing (::)
I wish I could say the same - am recovering from a disastrous week end at the moment and feeling very low. Not drinking though, but I wish I could feel better physically and mentally (big sigh)
Keep doing what you do
Love
Caroline <:)> <:)>
A day without wine is a day full of sunshine!

Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Hey Tink \:)/ Great to see you and so pleased your studies are going well. I know you've lots going on, big changes and stuff ... Just remember we're always here <:)>
#4 on the 2020 Challenge

Tink

Post by Tink »

Thank you Sheila x. Love that avatar babe. X
Caroline, thank you too. Sorry ya feel down in the dumps and hope it all comes to an upswing soon. Maybe you could share a bit of what is making you feel poopy? This addiction is all encompassing and takes its toll. However, the good news is in time and distance from feeding it, we heal and the pendulum swings to feeling much better and health returns. Stay brave and keep fighting the good fight every day. Just today. There truly is light on the other side. It is hard and is the fight of fights but you can control your addiction. It doesn't have to control you. Wisdom and tools along with support and sometimes on the drastic side medication are the way out. Work it and it will work for us.

On another note, Chickendipper (aka Chick2) has asked me to let you all know she is still fighting. I hadn't heard from my lovely dear friend for 5 weeks and that had not happened since she and I met 2 years ago. I was sick with worry because I knew she was sick and they were doing testing. Turned out my sweet girl had a seizure and a kind of stroke. She is recovering and gave me permission to share this. She is having a hard time using her little chicken fingers and can't peck the key board.
She asked to tell those who maybe concerned that she is recovering, fighting the good fight and learning much as she goes. Scrapper she is and I for one am inspired,amazed at her courage and resilience. Never have I met a woman with such determination and bravery. Many suffer and so many are brave but for the love of Pete I have never seen a person go through so much and just fight like hell to keep going. Chick, if you are peeking in to see WTH your crazy pixie had to say, take note, you are loved and I am so proud to call you my friend, sobriety partner and my inspiration. This road is full of potholes and mountains. It is dangerous and terrifying. It is also full of challenges and champions. You are a champion.
We are all brave soldiers in this battle. Champions in the war on addiction and the prize is our lives. Well worth it.
Love and respect to you all my beloved friends.
Tink X

Tink

Post by Tink »

Jos X
I agree to all said there. I do have to mention that Ninja is my first partner. He has been my rock and still is. I am a handful as you must know by now and it takes a team to handle me:)) lol. However they and all of you seem to put up with me and for this alone I am truly greatful. X
You made me smile and I know our cbickypoo will also feel that warmth coming from that post of yours ya softy. X you are a sweetheart. Quietly watching over this crew and gently and compassionately giving encouragement,support and strength in the way only you can give. Love to you dear heart and coming home to BE and seeing you here always gibes me comfort.
Tink X

Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Tink <:)> Please send Chicken my very best wishes, and I sincerely hope she makes a full and speedy recovery ....What an inspiration you both are <:)> (::) <:)> (::) <:)>

Edit ... Crossed posts there Tink :roll: How's old Ninja doing these days?
#4 on the 2020 Challenge

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl »

Lovely to see you tink, keep on doing what you're doing babe. <:)>

Hugs for chicken too, <:)> thanks for the update.

Sgx
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

trust you to have a cake for the occassion! nice! :twisted:

happy birthday tink if jojo got the date right... happy unbirthday if she didn't! \:)/

sgx
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn