KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Tink
Last Drink Date: 26 Aug 2020

Re: KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

Post by Tink »

joanne. wrote:Cowpoker I is extremely English....I aint got no weirdy accent!
Scotland and Wales are a bit like Clingons on the starboard bow.....summat to be tolerated but essentially very odd, Ireland is the Clingon that fell off but just doesnt know when to sink.... ()o

So Cowpoker are you from that last State of the USA?

snicker snicker, Haaaaaaa! cackle cackle! Im sorry but I can't stop laughing now. Love you JO. <:)> ;)?
Life is a journey not a destination. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

caroline95

Post by caroline95 »

Chortle...fret not Cowboy!It's only extremely English people who think Scottish accents are wierdy.Us Scottish think the same thing about them :D

*Caroline scuttles off and hides*

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip »

OK pantsy. I is of a certain age and therefore a gentleman and must surely be given some leeway, but you really must get it right about Star Trek or it is not just the Klingons on the starboard bow that are going to get the full force of my photon torpedoes. Now that sounds wrong somehow. :shock:

Edit: last post tickled me (::) (::)

caroline95

Post by caroline95 »

joanne. wrote:Only the Scooty type folk could invent an animal that has short legs on one side and longer on tother so it can live on said Scooty hills, and in fact tis only a stuffed stomach lining........which if it lived on the hills would roll down em due to actual absence of said legs! I mean they are actually aquatic and live with Nessie
Jo, sweetie - two words.Morris dancers \:)/

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

caroline95 wrote:Jo, sweetie - two words.Morris dancers \:)/
:lol: :lol: :lol:

For what it's worth, I like morris dancing and haggis. Teach the haggis how to morris dance and I shall be in very Heaven! :D
"There is no 'us' and 'them'; it's an illusion. We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibilty to support one another." Roger Waters

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip »

Morris dancing haggis!!!! Now our two great countries are truly united.

caroline95

Post by caroline95 »

I will leave it to Jo to tell you how seriously wierdy that is, Jarvis!

I'm off to bed now, and if I have nightmares about morris dancing haggis, it's all your fault :?

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Oops! :oops: Sorry, Caroline! :mrgreen:

Night! <:)>

Night, Dave, too - think I shall also have to go and dream of uniting our two great countries with folk-dancing haggii :D
"There is no 'us' and 'them'; it's an illusion. We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibilty to support one another." Roger Waters

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip »

Star Wars again. Return of the Haggii. Never thought about the plural.

fiz
Last Drink Date: 17 Nov 2018
First Sober Date: 18 Nov 2018

Post by fiz »

Cowboy wrote:Hey I just noticed it's just like old times here. Let me see.

We have our wonderful Tinkerbell sprinklng her sparkly fairy dust everywhere.

We have our Scottish comic Jo who is currently headlining over at the Bucket Club.

We have the lovely and talented Fiz who has just recently returned.

And the wonderful cookie chef Caroline - queen of the outmeal cookies.

It's awesome to have you all here and (without sounding corny I hope) I just want to thank each and every one of you for helping this ole cowpoke limp along this road to recovery. Seasons greetings to one and all.

Big hugs. Cowboy.

Hahahaha Cowboy it's so lovely to see you and everyone else, sorry Jo but that really was funny, on me kneck laughing. Sorry Petal, your a true English Rose me lovely. <:)>

Tink as always good to see you. Will catch up with ya soon. <:)>
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

jane490
Last Drink Date: 20 Mar 2014

Post by jane490 »

Also has anyone heard from Wayne lately ? X
Keep your mind going in the right direction, and your life will catch up with it.

KraftyKat
Last Drink Date: 28 Jun 2020

Post by KraftyKat »

Just to say "Happy Christmas" and a wonderful New Yearto all on the boards.
Thinking of my old friends who dropped out (hopefully temporarily) this year. Alice, Arcturus, laura etc - I miss you.
xx KK
One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.
Nancy Astor

KraftyKat

Post by KraftyKat »

... and TomC123 (sorry Tom - didnt mean to miss you out)
Nancy Astor

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl »

Tomc123 is still around, he's called luke1980 now.

Lovely to see you kraftykat, I hope you have a splendid Yuletide yourself. <:)>

Sgx
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn

KraftyKat

Post by KraftyKat »

Thanks for that SG - I missed that particular name change.
You have a good time and enjoy the New Year/Hogmannay :-)
KK xx
Nancy Astor

LauraKate

Post by LauraKate »

Just browsing through the entire forum and found this post which really spoke to how I feel right now. I will refer to them often and want to bump them up the thread for others who don;t have quite so much down time as I do to browse (today at least!)
Jimi wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to post here too cos I am not sure how many people go into the 'sobriety challenges' section all the time. I am a year sober now. I love saying that. I reached it on Friday. I was asked to help with how i did it and I can say a few things that could help someone at any stage:

1. stay in the moment. the situation is that you don't drink now. Forget about in one hour or one month or what will I do when.... Just say 'for now I don't drink'

2. come here and express everything <:)> thank you for reading me too <:)>

3. craving for a drink... or is it? maybe u need a drink of water, maybe u need to sleep, maybe u need a bite to eat. We are not always good at reading our bodies.

4. keep active with dreams. as long as you do some little thing each day towards a dream you have it is far better than letting them sit on the shelve. The more you give to your dreams the more direction and the less need to run away into a drunken haze.

5. Pro-alcohol thoughts are not evil, they are just the addictive voice. Any pro-alcohol thoughts I have had I am quick to label correctly and then move on with other meaningless thoughts :P

6. Don't be too hard on yourself. Staying sober does not have to be this 'huge pressure on little you'. Not does it need to be 'Poor me, the doomed alcoholic'. These are just thoughts too. Chuck em out! I mean, do they help you? Do they make it better? I don't think so. You are allowed to relax. Learn to relax and trust in the knowledge you are safe in the presence of you.

7. You can do it. Think of all the people who quit and are still off it. The new life they found even famous people who literally had drink poured down their throats everywhere they went. I think of Anthony Hopkins in particular. I also think that the attitude towards alcohol is changing. It is slow but it is changing. People see the effects in society, the short and long term health damage, the street violence, the domestic abuse, the car accidents, the waste of money for a 'good time' and ask why? What exactly do I think I am missing out on?

Thanks people :D :D ;)

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

I was wondering if anyone has heard from our resident dragonfly, Libelula? I've neither seen nor heard her wings buzzing around the forum for what seems like ages.

Lib - I hope you're well, if you're reading <:)> <:)>

kateS

Post by kateS »

Zoe/Jos - I always look out for your posts as you always write so lucidly and eloquently and obviously care very much about everyone here. You deserve a big clap (::)

Ladysnoops
Last Drink Date: 08 Apr 2012

Post by Ladysnoops »

Hi All, A really quick Hi to say...I am doing fine...just really crazy busy trying to get moved back to our home. Little to no Internet connection so not able to do much with BEs. Hope everyone is doing OK over the New Year weekend (a tough time for many of us! <:)> ). Should be hooked back up to a normal Internet connection by Sunday. Love to all!!! <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

Linda
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Laura-Here again x
Last Drink Date: 30 Dec 2011

Post by Laura-Here again x »

Hello again BE & fellow posters...
Any room for a small one? ;)

Used to post as Laura - ANewStart, had a rough few months, among it lost 2 family members, moved house beginning of dec, got sucked back in by the EAF and here I am day 4 and determined 2012 will be a sober year,

Hope everyone is well

Off for a nosy xx
What we do Today affects our Tomorrow....
So Today I will be sober, So....Tomorrow I can be happy.

2012 goal - Abstinence

xXx