Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.

Blifter

Re: KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

Post by Blifter » 15 May 2017 18:40

Just a hello to a few of my buddies from the 100 days from around this time last year - Sarah12, Lucylu, KtKt (and Gerry although i know you deleted but in case you look in <:)> )- I hope you are all going along well and if not, we are here to listen. Jaded too now i think although you have been here a bit more recently \:)/

p.s. I'll just put in an extra Hi! to Legate in case he still pops in for a read about - i hope you are ok, mate.
It was one of those jolly, peaceful mornings that make a fellow wish he'd got a soul or something... - PG Wodehouse

Sarah12
Last Drink Date: 11 Jan 2016

Post by Sarah12 » 16 May 2017 22:54

Hi Blifter buddy!

Lovely to hear from you. Its been a while. Ive missed the group too. Trina was a delight. We were good support for each other.

Im here and doing well. Daily challenges. High times and good times. Less good times but pressing on through with the odd expletive or two. Im really trying hard to ditch the perfectionist traits and accept myself for who I am. It's the right direction for me. As they say, happiness is not a destination, it's a journey. Even if Ive had a bad day I look for something lovely in it. There's usually more than one thing to be found.

Let us know how your doing... how are the bloods? Trina, Jaded, Legate and all other old 6 monthers...

Lots of love

Sarah
The ONLY thing that stands in our way of sobriety, is ourselves.

Sarah12
Last Drink Date: 11 Jan 2016

Post by Sarah12 » 16 May 2017 22:58

Ps I still get the odd day, sometimes 3 in a row where I do the old fantasising about alcohol. Thankfully the brain training is keeping me sensible... Ive not forgotten the heartbreak I caused myself and others. They were dark days... viscious cycle.... too awful to think if for too long.

What about you?

X
The ONLY thing that stands in our way of sobriety, is ourselves.

Trina
Last Drink Date: 31 Dec 2016

Post by Trina » 17 May 2017 05:03

Sarah12 wrote:Hi Blifter buddy!

Lovely to hear from you. Its been a while. Ive missed the group too. Trina was a delight. We were good support for each other.

Im here and doing well. Daily challenges. High times and good times. Less good times but pressing on through with the odd expletive or two. Im really trying hard to ditch the perfectionist traits and accept myself for who I am. It's the right direction for me. As they say, happiness is not a destination, it's a journey. Even if Ive had a bad day I look for something lovely in it. There's usually more than one thing to be found.

Let us know how your doing... how are the bloods? Trina, Jaded, Legate and all other old 6 monthers...

Lots of love

Sarah
Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for remembering me! I've been quiet lately, living a mostly AF life, but because I'm not totally AF, sometimes feel I don't have a lot to contribute. You are doing great! One year plus, right?

Trina
Just because the monkey is off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town -- George Carlin

Katz

Post by Katz » 19 May 2017 15:41

Hello guys - it's the wild Aussie checking in.

Been quite busy here, still doing good on the sober front. AF since October 2015.

The longest I was sober previously was about 2 years. Hopefully I'm not so silly I fall over again this time - definitely caused more trouble than anything else. Also, I can't seem to handle it as well as I used to.

Had a big root canal recently. When it was finished they took an x ray. Then they said that it may not have been deep enough (it's the canine tooth which has the longest root). Dentist seemed to think it may be okay and review it again in about 6 months.

If it has to be done again I won't be happy! Well, it wasn't that bad to go through. Everything was fairly numbed out. Even when the anaesthetic wore off it was fine. But if I have to fork out again... cos as I'm sure you all know, root canals ain't cheap!

Hope you guys getting some nice milder weather. Turned cold here but still quite nice in daytime.

Blifter

Post by Blifter » 20 May 2017 09:14

Hi Sarah,

Great to hear you are going along well. I think accepting yourself with a few imperfections is pretty much essential in what we are trying to do here (well, definitely for me!). Obsessing over the tiniest mistakes can easily lead to falling back into bad ways and possibly even can be a bit of an excuse too, as it allows us to be self critical and then think 'well, as i'm already that bad i might as well go the whole hog and drink!' kind of thing (w). I don't really get cravings now, or at worst very occasional fleeting ones.

You have done so well and dug really deep to get to where you are now, it is fantastic <:)>

Trina! I didn't include you on my list as we had 'spoken' recently on the Road to Abstinence (i think?) thread - i replied in whichever it was anyway but i don't think you have been around too much. Also a pleasure to read from you anyway and as you said yourself in that post, you are doing so much better then you were. I genuinely do not think that abstinence is a absolute must myself (might be controversial on here but it is my opionion nevertheless), so long as you are happy with your drinking and your life and that it is not having a debilitating effect on it. For most on here the problem is so great i think that abstinence has to be the goal (i am an example both for my problem with alcohol itself and the terrible toll it took on my health) but one size does not fit all and there should be room for everyone. Abstinence definitely suits me so that is my way forward. I like reading through 'Mostly Sober' actually, it offers a slightly different perspective on things. anyway, how is the shoulder and the guitar playing?

Hi Katz, I remember seeing your name quite a bit in my early days on here - you are going great, sober since October 2015 is a massive achievement, over 18 months indeed - brilliant! Hope the teeth are feeling better.

Best, Blifter
Last edited by Blifter on 23 May 2017 09:31, edited 3 times in total.
It was one of those jolly, peaceful mornings that make a fellow wish he'd got a soul or something... - PG Wodehouse

Blifter

Post by Blifter » 20 May 2017 09:41

Forgot to say, i'm very well Sarah, thank you! i only have to go for a check up every 6 months now and the last time the bloods were fine, only the GGT was higher than average (about 100) and all the other tests were normal (i think there are about 6 they concentrate on and 5/6 were in the normal range) so they are very happy with me. i think the GGT will always be higher than ideal as my liver was so badly damaged and they really do not seem worried by 100 at all (it was 729 when i was in hospital :lol: (w) )

I have another appointment though which is to have a Fibrosccan done which is like an ultrasound but a bit more modern and it measures the scarring and elasticity of the liver (the more elasticity the better apparently) which they have asked to do as they think it will show just how much better i am now judging by the bloods so, hopefully, that will be reflected in these results. Generally speaking i feel really well and a lot of it is about listening to my body which is saying 'keep doing what you are doing' :D

Best, Blifter

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy » 24 May 2017 19:21

Anybody heard from by amigo Mountainhare? I miss thoughtful and supportive posts.

Maybe he has moved on to RL?
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Post by Lush4life » 24 May 2017 19:36

Made a mistake sorry
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD » 25 May 2017 05:55

Lush4life wrote:Made a mistake sorry
You did? MH did? I'm confused.
be selfish in your sobriety.

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Post by Lush4life » 25 May 2017 06:16

DannyD wrote:
Lush4life wrote:Made a mistake sorry
You did? MH did? I'm confused.
The post I wrote I intended to be a pm , so I had to delete, not concentrating enough !!!
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. » 04 Jun 2017 17:37

Has anyone heard from Finley in real life over the last 24 hours? I am worried because of events in London. Moderators - apologies if this is inappropriate- pls delete if this is the case.

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 16 Aug 2018
First Sober Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila » 04 Jun 2017 18:03

Hi Swordgirl, Finley's fine, I've just been texting with her ;)?
#4 on the 2020 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. » 04 Jun 2017 19:05

Thank you so much Sheila! Big <:)> <:)> That's really put my mind at rest, she's been in my thoughts since last night.

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD » 04 Jun 2017 19:33

Yes - she's been in my thoughts too.
be selfish in your sobriety.

Yoyo

Post by Yoyo » 04 Jun 2017 20:59

Cowboy wrote:Anybody heard from by amigo Mountainhare? I miss thoughtful and supportive posts.

Maybe he has moved on to RL?
Hey Cowboy

MH is fine. He's loving life in fact.

How are you doing?

Finley

Post by Finley » 04 Jun 2017 22:58

Thanks Danny and Swordie and thanks too Sheila for letting folk know I'm OK. Been without internet connectivity all day and now in bed. Back tomorrow xxx
I want to be the best me I can be ...

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. » 05 Jun 2017 07:34

I'm glad you're ok Fin <:)> <:)>

Yoyo

Post by Yoyo » 12 Jun 2017 20:18

Hey pal

Good to see you. One year huh?

A staggering achievement. Well done Mr Hare.