KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Blifter

Re: KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

Post by Blifter »

pickles wrote:
28 Oct 2020 17:54
Blifter and Fuzzy Duck .
Hi all,

Thanks Pickles (and Suedenim) who asked about me a while back, very kind of you. All is well here thanks, over 5 years sober now and while in no way complacent, i do feel comfortable in my non drinking life. I hope to about on the forum at times to cheer people on a bit so hope to see a bit of you all. Keep at it everyone.

Best, Blifter
It was one of those jolly, peaceful mornings that make a fellow wish he'd got a soul or something... - PG Wodehouse

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Great to see you, Blifter, and very well done! I can't believe it's five years already! ;)? (::) (::) (::)
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

Blifter wrote:
06 Apr 2021 21:30
over 5 years sober now
Well done Blifter - that's terrific (::) <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

pickles

Post by pickles »

Good to see you ,Blifter :\: ..and well done on 5 years . Amazing \:)/

Blifter

Post by Blifter »

Thanks all, feels pretty good 😊
It was one of those jolly, peaceful mornings that make a fellow wish he'd got a soul or something... - PG Wodehouse

SueDenim
Last Drink Date: 28 Aug 2017
First Sober Date: 29 Aug 2017

Post by SueDenim »

Good to see you Blifter, and good to hear that things are going well.

FuzzyDuck
Last Drink Date: 01 Oct 2013

Post by FuzzyDuck »

:\: Blifter - I'm glad those five alcohol free years feel good!
"Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right'. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." (used to be Bupster's sig - I have appropriated it)

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Post by Lush4life »

Blifter wrote:
pickles wrote:
Blifter and Fuzzy Duck .
Hi all,

Thanks Pickles (and Suedenim) who asked about me a while back, very kind of you. All is well here thanks, over 5 years sober now and while in no way complacent, i do feel comfortable in my non drinking life. I hope to about on the forum at times to cheer people on a bit so hope to see a bit of you all. Keep at it everyone.

Best, Blifter
Morning Blifter ;)? I too just popped in to say hello, we shared our journeys early on, I’m so glad you’re still doing well my friend, 5 years is brilliant (6 years here) where has the time gone ? Sobriety and kids certainly Mark time for us, and it sure goes very quickly now it seems ;) sending you my love matey <:)>
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

smh1
Last Drink Date: 15 May 2017

Post by smh1 »

Well done Blifter! \:)/
Keep on keeping on. It might be your last chance. :)

Iroquois

Post by Iroquois »

Nice to see you Blifter!

Good job on 5 years!

(::) \:)/ <:)> ;)? 8-)
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make you happier, calmer, prettier, more clever or less angry.
Only sobriety will help you achieve these attributes.

Blifter

Post by Blifter »

Lush4life wrote:
12 Apr 2021 05:43
Blifter wrote:
pickles wrote:
Blifter and Fuzzy Duck .
Hi all,

Best, Blifter
Morning Blifter ;)? I too just popped in to say hello, we shared our journeys early on, I’m so glad you’re still doing well my friend, 5 years is brilliant (6 years here) where has the time gone ? Sobriety and kids certainly Mark time for us, and it sure goes very quickly now it seems ;) sending you my love matey <:)>
And right back at you, Lushie, you were (and are) an inspiration for me and it is brilliant to see you are thriving 😊

As i mentioned i hope to be on more, that last year has been incredibly tough preparing for Brexit as my company export quite a lot in a highly regulated industry so it has caused a number of challenges and i need to solve them from an IT side.

Thanks to Smh1, Fuzzy and Deanna too, lovely to see you all 👍

Best, Blifter