KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Re: KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

Post by Topcat »

Great to hear from you Deanna <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

Tink
Last Drink Date: 26 Aug 2020

Post by Tink »

Guess what? I totally relapse and am now back...found out for a fact that banging my head into a brick wall still hurts and will always end up the same way. (w) <:)>
So as of yesterday, I put it down and today I begin again and know this is the right place to achieve it.
I am back and with all the support here and help, I know in a few months I will be much better.
Been a rough few years.
Gonna read around and this time will be here everyday for a bit.
:\: Hello to old and new friends here and hope to catch up.
Been job searching today...2 interviews and hope will have something next week to keep my bum busy. ;)?
Thunder and rain here today from Laura......good weather for relaxing and thought without the bottle.

Love to all... :\: <:)>
Life is a journey not a destination. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Chirpy
Last Drink Date: 16 May 2020

Post by Chirpy »

Hi Tink!
Remember you from last time!! How lovely to see you. I relaspsed myself, but just finished a 100 days and am quite active over on the 100 day thread if you wanna join us there :). We have a pretty supportive little daily check in happening there.
Hope the tough years are behind you and you are feeling better. Lots to catch up I think!
Chirpy
She could never go back and make some of the details pretty. All she could do is move forward and make the whole beautiful- Terri St.Cloud

Tai
Last Drink Date: 30 Oct 2010

Post by Tai »

Tink <:)> you’re in the right place, well done for putting the drink down and getting yourself back here. It’s not easy facing up to what’s going and and making the decision to do something about it. I hope being here helps. Good luck with the job hunting, not an easy time to be looking for work but 2 interviews sounds very promising. See you around the threads xx Jos
A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle.
Khalil Gibran

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila »

Hey Tink <:)>
Good to see you here although sorry for the reason <:)>

I reintroduced after 5 years AF, and although I never went back to those bad old days, I knew it was just a matter of time.
Once I reached the point of deciding to stop once and for all, the thread I found that most helped me was the 100 Day Challenge as
I do better with a goal to aim for.

See you around <:)>
#4 on the 2021 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Hi Tink. Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing some of that fairy dust sprinkled around in these parts. Take care. Cowboy.

Anyone heard from our lovely and talented Fiz? Always such a support. I miss her muchly.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD »

Jaxom wrote:
11 May 2018 18:49
Well, hello guys. It is not right to return just because... but tomorrow I am 5 years sober and it is not about flowers, cakes, chocolates, laudits or plaudits. It is about hope. I have a message for the dear people starting out on the road, and the dear people who are still struggling with this problem we share.

I started out here in late 2011 (under a different user name). I was a tw*t, a pain in the derriere (ass), but folks rallied around, encouraged and supported me. It was a struggle to get through to calm seas. In fact, it took me about 2 1/2 years, including 13 months solid sober and a crash, to get started on this record.

Never give up! Once upon a time I could not imagine what it would be like to get to The Palace beyond the one year milestone. I got there, then crashed and burned a couple of months later. I wallowed in a pity pit, then picked myself up, dusted down and started all over again. This time it stuck.

To be honest, I do not share problems that others have voiced. Things like drinking dreams or thoughts. I think, for me, it is a matter of perspective. For example, I have an occasional recurring but vivid memory of a glorious summer day in 1983, in a pub garden on a hot summer day with my girlfriend and a pint of exquisite 'posh' cider. When I think of it, it is just nostalgia. No more, no less. Not a drinking thought, just a happy memory. Sometimes I think of 'coming to' in hospital wearing an oxygen mask and wondering how I got there. That memory is not nostalgia, just a reminder and I am OK remembering it from time to time. I hope the one about the duck, the rhino and Nigel Planer is just a dream.... Quack....

Think on this:

- shame = I am a bad person. That is crap thinking.

- guilt = I did a bad thing. OK, so don't do it again.

Caio lovelies.

Dave

PS I have always supported those who wanted to do controlled drinking. I think I got that wrong. Really sorry guys, it don't work cos of what is where your head is. But that is just an opinion.
Where are you Dave, Jaxom, Grendel?
be selfish in your sobriety.

martha

Post by martha »

Apologies in advance if I miss anyone, but there seem to be quite a few BE-ers missing in action. Anyone heard from them? Anyway, if you're reading, I hope you're ok. Come back :D

Freshstart
SueC
Caroline95
Sammie
Spats
*Felix*
Zelda
Luckycat
Maypole
Bethan
Tee
Forerunner
Swordgirl
Waiting for bunnies to appear in the fields.

Luna_
Last Drink Date: 18 Apr 2019

Post by Luna_ »

Hey folks. Martha thanks for the shoutout list.

Finley!

Anyone heard from Finley?
If you pop in and see this, know you are missed - and I hope you are well.
xx <:)>
I still have Faith, but right now I'm reaching for the moon.

pickles

Post by pickles »

Blifter and Fuzzy Duck .

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

I’m missing Essay in the regrouping thread!

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan »

Sending a wave to Deanna, aka Iroquois :\: <:)>
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2021 Challenge

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Tink. Digger. Slingy. Kazz. Rags. Bela. CGirl. Katja. There's more ... how far back are we going?
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

pickles

Post by pickles »

Sweethope

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD »

Cowboy wrote:
09 Nov 2020 19:43
Tink. Digger. Slingy. Kazz. Rags. Bela. CGirl. Katja. There's more ... how far back are we going?
I sometimes hear from Digger, who hasn't changed. Still digging.

And sometimes the slingster contacts me - though I haven't heard from him in a while.
be selfish in your sobriety.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Thanks DD.

And what about the incomparable, lovely and talented fiz? Hope you are doing OK out there in your camper fiz. Stay safe sister.

Mountainhare
First Sober Date: 06 May 2012

Post by Mountainhare »

Slingy was a riot :D
Self reflection, meditation and gratitude when logically interwoven provide an unshakeable foundation for living.

Shadowlad
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2012

Post by Shadowlad »

Has anyone had any contact from Mkj ? He used to post on Road to abstinence and regrouping thread mostly. Not heard from him since June 2019 by PM and was just hoping he is well ?
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Dennis P. Kimbro

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila »

I was thinking about Ladysnoops, not seen her about for a long time.
#4 on the 2021 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Sorrry, Nicky, I don't know about Mkj. I hope he's well. Likewise, the lovely Fiz, Cowboy <:)>
Sheila wrote:
11 Nov 2020 17:55
I was thinking about Ladysnoops, not seen her about for a long time.
I contacted her tonight, Sheila, and she was delighted to be remembered! She's very well and will be 9 years sober in April! \:)/ She asked me to pass on best wishes to all BE friends. She's having trouble logging on at the moment, so I said I'd ask Tobin if she wants this fixed ;)?
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge