KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Chirpy
Last Drink Date: 16 May 2020

Re: KEEPING IN TOUCH ON THE FORUM

Post by Chirpy »

Trina - Frannie is taking a little break, hopefully back soon. I heard from her a week or two back after I PM'ed her.
Chirpy
She could never go back and make some of the details pretty. All she could do is move forward and make the whole beautiful- Terri St.Cloud

Trina
Last Drink Date: 09 Sep 2020

Post by Trina »

Thanks for letting me know, Chirpy. Hope she is OK.

Trina
Just because the monkey is off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town -- George Carlin

Action

Post by Action »

Just thought I’d say hello...it’s very quiet around these parts at the moment :\:
#38 on 2021 Challenge
Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Hello folks, back again after so many slips. Had many problems getting onto site to post so gave up. Have occasionally browsed but couldn't post. Finally realised that I do need support so here I am. I've come a long way since I first joined you here but the drinking has started to increase again. I've always said that I need to quit drinking completely and time after time I've proved myself right. So here I am again on day 2. Thank you all for being here.

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

Welcome back Spats. Sorry about the circumstances, but it's good to have you back with us. Good luck ;)? <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Welcome back from me too, Spats! \:)/ <:)>
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots »

Welcome back Spats!
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.

Spats

Post by Spats »

Thank you all <:)> Drinking is Something I do alone, but I’m lonely when I try to give it up on my own :!:

Luna_
Last Drink Date: 18 Apr 2019

Post by Luna_ »

Spats wrote:
25 Jan 2021 21:26
Drinking is Something I do alone, but I’m lonely when I try to give it up on my own :!:
This was always my pattern too, Spats <:)>
What is your current aim?
I still have Faith, but right now I'm reaching for the moon.

Luckychap
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2019

Post by Luckychap »

Hiya spats \:)/

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Luckychap wrote:
01 Feb 2021 20:29
Hiya spats \:)/
Nice to see you, LC ;)? \:)/
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

Luckychap
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2019

Post by Luckychap »

Ahh thanks. Always about in the background 😁

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Anybody heard from the lovely and talented fiz? Miss her in these parts.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

:\: hi there back again. Sorry to have to say after months of being AF I started drinking again.
I'm really sad and ashamed and tired of waking up feeling this way. I really have to stop this. I think my big mistake was not checking in here so here I am and hoping it's my road to recovery.
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots »

Mackintosh wrote:
03 Apr 2021 09:23
:\: hi there back again. Sorry to have to say after months of being AF I started drinking again.
I'm really sad and ashamed and tired of waking up feeling this way. I really have to stop this. I think my big mistake was not checking in here so here I am and hoping it's my road to recovery.
Welcome back Mackintosh. It's brave of you to come back, well done. It's so easy to underestimate addiction - we have a dry run and think we've cracked it. It's not our fault or our weakness - alcohol is a dangerous highly addictive drug that kills millions. We can beat it, but it takes time and experience to size up the enemy. A turning point for me was Allen Carr's Easy Way which really helped me shift my mindset - worth a try if you haven't already (and worth a second go if you have, it took me two goes at it). Do keep posting, and if possible reach out for real life support too.
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

SoberBoots wrote:
03 Apr 2021 09:43
Mackintosh wrote:
Welcome back Mackintosh. It's brave of you to come back, well done. It's so easy to underestimate addiction - we have a dry run and think we've cracked it. It's not our fault or our weakness - alcohol is a dangerous highly addictive drug that kills millions. We can beat it, but it takes time and experience to size up the enemy. A turning point for me was Allen Carr's Easy Way which really helped me shift my mindset - worth a try if you haven't already (and worth a second go if you have, it took me two goes at it). Do keep posting, and if possible reach out for real life support too.
Thanks SB and I've just added the book to my audible library so will be right on it. Gotta beat this thing.
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Welcome back from me too, Mackintosh! I know exactly where you are coming from. I've left and returned before in similar circumstances. You're making a wise mive to get back on track and I know you can do it ;)? <:)>
~ Marianne Faithfull

Smithster
Last Drink Date: 20 Sep 2020
First Sober Date: 21 Sep 2020

Post by Smithster »

Mackintosh wrote:
Welcome Mackintosh.

Your not on your own here, and as the guys above have said. It's an easy stumble to make.

I was on here way back in 2012 then left after a year because I thought I'd cracked it. Quit for another few years then boom started again. Imagine how stupid I felt!!!!

I'll be sticking around long term this time, if not only to read the posts and remind me where I am. Stay grounded so to speak.

You have taken the first step agaim so good luck. See you around the forum. ;)?

Spats

Post by Spats »

So I’ve not been around for a while, as with many people these constant lockdowns have gotten me down. Went onto some zoom meetings to get me through it and agreed to set myself challenge to do sober spring ()o And I’ve stuck to it so far. 15 days and no problems. Started on 20 March and due to end on 20 June. Still got my little notes dotted around the place, the one in my car is a great reminder, I think these help me to keep on track and set it into my mind. Keep on going everyone (::)

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Spats wrote:
04 Apr 2021 10:45
So I’ve not been around for a while, as with many people these constant lockdowns have gotten me down. Went onto some zoom meetings to get me through it and agreed to set myself challenge to do sober spring
Great to see you, Spats, and well done with the spring challenge ;)? <:)>
~ Marianne Faithfull