Late lounge (& other non-UK locations...)

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
MDS1

Re: Late lounge

Post by MDS1 »

Right then, packing up me knives and kit... whizzing the hoover around, Mike is back tonight- so I am out of here, it's been hard work, but fun! :mrgreen:

Mike, there are a 'few' outstanding invoices- nothing much to worry about really... :oops:

Hope you all enjoyed the celebration/last day feast (i have to say the calzone was perfect) look after the wood fired oven Mike- it cost a small fortune, but so neccessary in a 'working' kitchen. Right.... left a few profiteroles with belgian chocolate sauce as a welcome back present.

See ya! bye!

Duane xxx

queenie

Post by queenie »

and if i may say so we have eaten very well! perhaps you can persuade miguel to keep you on as chef...
how many therapists does it take to change a light bulb? only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change...

byron
Last Drink Date: 17 Nov 2010

Post by byron »

Never have I enjoyed such a luxurious menu. I had to go for the Lobster - mouth watering reading.

Duanne please say you have left your notes and recipie books laying around for Mike. I mean he does make nice food - picked onion en cruet was defiantely something..........not sure what but definately something.

You have been a wonderful host Duanne - I hope you will be filling in for all holiday breaks.

Welcome back Mike - glad you enjoyed the holiday. Whats for supper? :?
Action is the antidote to despair.

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

Post by Kitty »

Just wanted to pop in and say a huge congratulations to Mike on his year of sobriety :D :D :D
Well done you absolute star <:)>

Kitty :D
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

chrissie

Post by chrissie »

Hi Guys

Thanks Duane for some fab cooking. Mike, you have a hard act to follow as I think the standard has improved a lot since the pickled onions en croute incident. Maybe you have picked up some tasty tips in Spain. I am in France so it's lots of goats cheese, being veggie, not the easiest country to eat out in. Fortunately my friends run a veggie B&B so lots of great food when we're in. The downside is lots of wine on tap but managed to avoid it two days out of three so far....!

Chrissie xx
one day at a time

queenie

Post by queenie »

darcy

<:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
how many therapists does it take to change a light bulb? only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change...

Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Darcy,

I think queenie's heartfelt but simply expressed message says it all, from all of us.

Love, Mike x
Last edited by Mike on 25 Aug 2008 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Ah young Darcy,

Now let's see. The cupboards aren't completely bare following Duane's reign as maestro. Yes we can run to a bacon butty. In fact I have just now returned from Tesco well stocked for the week ahead.

Obviously we cannot do without Duane as head chef, while I shall assume a more managerial role. I shall model myself along the character of Basil Fawlty. No change there then.

Nice to be back in the old Late Lounge thread. For some reason Duane referred to it as "Mike's thread". I think it should now be regarded as Mike and Duane's Late Lounge. Everyone happy with that ?

The Management.

queenie

Post by queenie »

ah mr mike! you are back! no doubt with many spanish recipes up your sleeve. i for one do not long for the days of pickled onions on croute. i hate vinegar!

i think mike and duane's gaff sounds great. sorry, mike and duane's late lounge. bit more upmarket...

yours,

her queenship

Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi queenie

Alas, most of the Spanish recipes are in my tummy. Would you like a bacon butty or a bacon butty ?

Mike x

Mike

Post by Mike »

I am uncertain about the new name. Mike and Duane's ? What about Mike and Stokesy - M & S ? Or should it be Stokesy and Mike - S & M ?

All easy to remember. Sort of trip off the tongue don't they ? Pretty much houehold names. But do they have the correct connotations for such a salubrious joint ? I would hate the name to suggest dodgy goings on. Duane would be mortified.

Anyway we shall need a new sign. What do you think ? S & M ? We shall have to have a whip round.

8-)

Jemima

Post by Jemima »

Hi Mike,
as you know this is my first visit to the Late Lounge, so not up with all the 'in' jokes. Anyway what do you recommend? ;)

Mike

Post by Mike »

If you had asked me on a Tuesday I would recommend the dish of the day.
If it were a Wednesday I would recommend what was left over from the dish of the day from Tuesday.
If it were a Thursday I would recommend trying somewhere else. (Duanes night off.)
If it were a Friday I would recommend fish.
If it were a Saturday I would recommend cocktail sausages and pineapple chunks on sticks. (Party Night)
If it were a Sunday it would have to be Sunday roast.

But on a Monday..............DUANE, WHAT'S ON TONIGHT ?

All the above to be spoken in a Scottish accent with liberal sprinklings of flute playing as by David Walliams in Little Britain.
Last edited by Mike on 26 Aug 2008 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

MDS1

Mike & Duane's Lounge

Post by MDS1 »

Hiya Mike welcome back sir! :D

Bacon Butty's look good, nice thick cut Gloucester Old Spot bacon, air dry-cured, rind on- Just like the old days before vac-packing.

I honestly am humbled to be part of late lounge, I was only the stand-in. :shock: I am never up late (rarely anyway) so maybe we keep the name the same- I'll do early orders, and you Mike do the late part :D

Hello Jemima, <:)> welcome to Late Lounge xxx

Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Fiend and Hi Jemima,

The old and the new as it were. Jolly nice to see you both and welcome you to the newly branded S & M Lounge. I think you rather missed the point there Fiend with the Sausage and Mash. That is not why we are called S & M. We do sausage and mash but it is a special order and needs to be requested a minimum of three days in advance. Duane does something special to the sausages - don't ask. And there is a minimum order of 16 sausages. Suitable for two hungry people. No problems so far I hope ?

Have to dash for a meeting, nudge nudge, wink wink. Us S & M types.

Mike xx (one each)
Last edited by Mike on 25 Aug 2008 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

MDS1

Post by MDS1 »

Monday night is curry night me ole' royster doyster. :mrgreen:

Beef Madras. Hot spicy beef chunks of chuck roll, served with warmed home-made naan breads, and basmati rice, salad and mango chutney.

Fresh Bangladeshi river caught Maas, in a mild tikka sauce. Cooked in the tandoori (ahhh.... did I tell you I had that installed too Mike?) Served with pomp and ceremony, complete with fireworks.

Mongolian Goat Tindaloo. For the very brave only. ;)

Asian Vegetable Rogan Josh. Simmered pulses and vegetables, spiced mildly in a tomato and coriander sauce, served with popadums, various chutneys and sauces and home- made puffed Naan bread.

Hope that does it MiKe !

C F

Post by C F »

My it all sounds mouth watering and Im starving! Image

Im going to go for the Asian Vegetable Rogan Josh. Simmered pulses and vegetables, spiced mildly in a tomato and coriander sauce, served with popadums, various chutneys and sauces and home- made puffed Naan bread, please and thank you. Oh and, of course, a tonic water with ice and lemon ;)

Jemima

Post by Jemima »

Mike,
Have jotted down menu and will be sure to pop in on a Sunday - how i miss my mum's roast!
Enjoy your meal CF!
Duane, bit too late in the evening my time for a heavy meal - but all sounds great!
I have just finished making a large pitcher of lemon iced tea - it's lovely - also has some fresh mint and heaps of crushed ice (it's about 35 degrees at night here!) Can I offer anyone some? <:)>

Anna

Post by Anna »

Jemima,
Although you're obviously quite gorgeous, maybe getting rid of the pink plush jogging suit may be an idea in 35c ?
Lovely to meet you( though quite relieved we're not actually sitting next to each other :shock: )
Anna.xx

My lovely Duane....Is it to be or do I go ahead and rent out the wedding dress as a tipi ?
( I have an enormously stressed, professional Boden family here and they need to move in like NOW because they traded the Range Rover in for a Smart car; they're tetchy and the black lab's started to eat the children.)
Love you ;) Anna.xx
Last edited by Anna on 25 Aug 2008 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Jemima

Post by Jemima »

wooa Anna! I'm like totally upset that you are not like into my gear.