Late lounge (& other non-UK locations...)

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Re: Late lounge (& other non-UK locations...)

Post by Topcat »

Wobbles are a bit like bumpy roads - inconvenient but short lived and you get along a lot better afterwards <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Topcat wrote:
13 Apr 2021 15:55
Wobbles are a bit like bumpy roads - inconvenient but short lived and you get along a lot better afterwards <:)>
Very well put, TC ;)?
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Thanks Mark <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Thanks TC and JJ. Back in the saddle. Life is good.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Good stuff, Cowboy ;)?

I've got a brew going for us all on the campfire :D

Cowboy coffee.jpg
Cowboy coffee.jpg (90.56 KiB) Viewed 288 times
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Hey my boots ! Where did you get those JJ?

Have a great day loungers.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Iroquois

Post by Iroquois »

That coffee percolating on the campfire sure smells good!

Cowboy, love those boots! I had a pair much like that years ago, I wore a hole in the soul, I wore them so much!

Don’t know why I never bought a new pair, guess Birkenstock’s or “Birkies” stole away my feet! I had plantar fasciites after becoming a lab tech and went from a desk job to an “on my feet” job. My feet were in pain all the time, until I got a pair of “Birks” and I was cured!

Today, they have new styles and colors, I want some!
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make you happier, calmer, prettier, more clever or less angry.
Only sobriety will help you achieve these attributes.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

I had a pair - a couple Iroquois. You can't see them in JJs pic but mine had those round brass circles at the ankles.

Funnily enough I had plantar facia or whatever it's called as well. I remember it being so painful getting out of bed. I had a foot doctor prescribe these inserts - much like birkenstocks - and they worked wonders. Incredibly actually. What a relief.

It was a beauty day out on the range and perhaps will set for a spell enjoying the evening breeze.

Iroquois

Post by Iroquois »

I think you Canucks sent us down some chilly weather, cuz I didn’t sit out and enjoy the icy breeze tonight! :lol: :lol2:

Snow for the next two days, looks like! Not much, but wet, soppy, and that is welcome! We should be seeing some spring green leaves very soon! Such a joy! :mrgreen:

I think I am going to try some potted fern this year on my patio. I miss my weed-like fern that I had in my garden out in the sticks! I have more shade than sun, so they should do well. But in pots, I don’t know! Lady fern or cinnamon stick, I think was the type of fern. Guess I will give it a try!

I get sun from the east, but the sun goes down behind the Rockies to the west, so lots of shade in the evening. Wonderful view though! I wish it were less costly to go up in the mountains and enjoy them!
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make you happier, calmer, prettier, more clever or less angry.
Only sobriety will help you achieve these attributes.

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Cowboy wrote:
14 Apr 2021 22:14
Funnily enough I had plantar facia or whatever it's called as well.
Same here. Up until early this week, I was still hobbling around. This time around (had it years ago too) I found some great stretching exercises on t'internet and they eased it brilliantly ;)?
#5 on the 2021 Challenge

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Glad to hear it TC. Lovin the new avatar btw. Brought a big smile to my face.

Really enjoying my sobriety these days. Hopefully a longer run is in the cards this time around. I had a smile on my face for most of the day and was humming a couple of new songs I am learning on my guitar. Really feeling the old Jim Croce song I Got a Name lately.

Like the pine trees linin the windin road.
Like the singin bird and the croakin toad.

The guy had such good lyrics and such catchy tunes. Gone way too soon. And like most of the good songs the chords are pretty easy to play even with my slow moving fingers. I played as a young adult but family, work, drinking all got in the way. I picked up my guitar again about six months ago and after the pain of reestablishing those callouses it's been a real inspiration for me as I battle with this alcohol addiction. When those permission thoughts come I have one more tool in my sober toolbox and - as we all know - you can't have too many.

So I think I'll just get this fire going, get a nice big cup of hot chocolate, tune up my acoustic and enjoy a nice quiet evening strumming by the fire. Who knows, maybe some folks will come visit the lounge tonight.

Have a great evening loungers.

Singing Cowboy.

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Glad you like the avatar CB <:)>
Cowboy wrote:
22 Apr 2021 01:21
Really enjoying my sobriety these days.
Good to hear that and glad the guitar is helping you along the way.

I'll pour a coffee, pull up a seat and listen a while ;)?
#5 on the 2021 Challenge