Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Just want to share.

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Louise1979

Re: Just want to share.

Post by Louise1979 » 28 Dec 2019 21:49

Thanks for getting back to me. He thinks I’m stressing about nothing. But he is taking much more than he’s meant to, already on the second bottle in just a couple of days, but only meant to take 20mls at night! I’m just so worried as we have young children, and he’s done so well, I’d just hate for him to relapse now! He has a really addictive nature in general, not just with alcohol. Don’t want to treat him like a child,but I just want to hide the bottle!

Winkler
Last Drink Date: 06 Apr 2019

Post by Winkler » 28 Dec 2019 21:54

Hi Louise
Night nurse does contain alcohol as well as paracetamol, antihistamine and a cough suppressant. It can be abused, and your husband is more vulnerable than most.
The paracetamol is probably the most toxic ingredient and 1 x 160 ml bottle should last 2 days, so he has exceeded the maximum dose already.
I wouldn’t advise he takes any more, everyone has different liver reserves and it would probably be a good idea to get a medical opinion. If you’re in the uk, I’d phone 111 for advice.

Shadowlad, what a journey you’ve been on, thank you for sharing. I’m so glad you have your life and family back. You must be a huge support for your son xx
Alcohol is an addictive poison

Louise1979

Post by Louise1979 » 28 Dec 2019 22:00

Ok, thanks for reply.

Ruby&Tilly
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 28 Dec 2019 23:30

What an inspirational post Nicky, thanks for sharing and good luck with the next 7 years. \:)/
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)

Shadowlad
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2012

Post by Shadowlad » 29 Dec 2019 12:58

Thank you kindly Ruby, Winkler and TC, hope you all have a lovely Sunday <:)> <:)>
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Dennis P. Kimbro

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat » 01 Jan 2020 11:28

Went into my local Co-op (other stores are available) this morning and, gone is the Christmas bumph, but in its place (and piled high at the check outs) are hot cross buns (w) Easter eggs will no doubt soon be on the shelves as well.
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Ruby&Tilly

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 02 Jan 2020 22:49

Not sure where to put this. I've arranged a date with someone I met on a dating site. I'm very nervous but I'm not sure if he's the real deal. I guess I won't know until I meet him, he doesn't have a photo up and I even asked him if he was married. Don't know if he's lovely or a lying scumbag?

Ruby xx

martha

Post by martha » 03 Jan 2020 05:10

Ruby&Tilly wrote:
02 Jan 2020 22:49
Not sure where to put this. I've arranged a date with someone I met on a dating site. I'm very nervous but I'm not sure if he's the real deal. I guess I won't know until I meet him, he doesn't have a photo up and I even asked him if he was married. Don't know if he's lovely or a lying scumbag?

Ruby xx
Exciting news, Ruby! I don't think you can know until you meet him and just see how it goes. All the best and please report back! :D
Waiting for bunnies to appear in the fields.

Sandy
Last Drink Date: 21 Aug 2009

Post by Sandy » 03 Jan 2020 06:41

I am with martha on this R&T
Just meet in a safe place where you can cut the date short and leave when ever you wish.
I hope he is lovely and not a liar <:)>

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots » 03 Jan 2020 10:43

Proceed, but with caution! You'll be able to get a sense of whether he's for real or concealing things when you meet. I always think the way to look at internet dates is that it's not very likely to to lead to anything, so I have low expectations!
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 03 Jan 2020 11:50

Ah Ruby <:)> great advice from all above. It can be a bit of a rollercoaster can internet dating. I know someone who has become addicted to it but if it is approached with a level head then it can be fun too. You may have to sift through a lot of people before you click with someone but that is pretty normal ! Above all have fun and stay safe :D <:)>

Dennis P. Kimbro

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 03 Jan 2020 11:52

Oh and watch out for scammers trying to get money out of you, it happens :roll: xxx

Dennis P. Kimbro

Ruby&Tilly

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 03 Jan 2020 21:35

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will keep myself safe and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. I have done internet dating before but it's a long time ago. I am quite suspicious about this guy but in some ways I'm thinking of it as a trial run lol so if it doesn't work out I'll not be too disappointed. The guy I really liked disappeared, he must have deleted his profile and there is another guy I like, unfortunately he's a psychiatric nurse and works at the hospital I volunteer at and have been an inpatient at. :o what a tart eh, I'll keep yous posted how it goes tomorrow night.

Thanks again

Ruby xx

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Post by Lush4life » 04 Jan 2020 08:13

<r>Morning all, well I only gone and done it !<br/>
5 years sobriety today; am bit chuffed/ amazed that this is actually me being able to write this, in many ways it feels like someone else is writing this and tbh in many ways, they are <E>;)</E> <br/>
I've changed, I had too of course.<br/>
I'm still trying to understand who I am, what are my true thoughts now, what I will/ won't accept anymore.<br/>
Last year was a tough one for me in my personal life and probably going forward I think, will be difficult also, many factors, decisions i need to make.<br/>
Throughout it all though I remain sober, I admit at times , being very tempted to both drink and smoke ( I gave up smoking also, but I do vape)<br/>
The rewards of being sober are many , my physical and mental health are both greatly improved, especially my mental well being, no more awful anxiety , its crippling, soul destroying and played a major factor in my continuing to drink. The feeling of waking up sober is a great feeling, can't be under estimated , and even after 5 years hasn't, as yet, got old <br/>
The other night I was watching a film that I'd seen years before (in my drinking and "watching" telly days)<br/>
I realized while watching this time around there was so much in the film I'd missed/ forgotten , things that were important to the plot tbh.<br/>
That got me thinking then, how much of my every day life had I missed, forgotten?<br/>
I had very nearly, quite literally " lost the plot" .<br/>
I can re - watch a film that's easy, but I can't re wind my life get back those things I didn't see/ experience because I was drunk.<br/>
And while I have regret about that there's not much I can do , but in a way it was important "grist to the mill" if you like, to keep me focused, aware and grateful that today, that is no longer me.<br/>
I Will remember everything, I Will see everything. ( husband, take note <E>:lol2:</E> )<br/>
and in the main, I'm so glad I do <E>;)</E> <br/>
Just my thoughts on this day and this milestone I thought I'd never see . Many thanks to those who, over my time here have kindly given me support and advice when I've needed it most.<br/>
This is a great forum and although I don't tend to post as much, I always read, I always care about others well being and love to read of people's success stories.<br/>
Much love Kim <E><:)></E></r>
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots » 04 Jan 2020 08:31

That's awesome Lushie. I'm happy for you, and proud of you. Very thought provoking post - last night I was thinking about my drinking past too... when times are really tough, it can be easy to underestimate how much damage drinking did. You're a new woman, which brings challenges but also enormous benefits.
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.

Winkler
Last Drink Date: 06 Apr 2019

Post by Winkler » 04 Jan 2020 08:44

Great to read, Lushie, bittersweet and inspirational.
It’s a shame to have missed chunks of your life isn’t it, but great our eyes are open now <:)>
5 years - you’ve done it! (::) (::) (::)
Alcohol is an addictive poison

Sandy
Last Drink Date: 21 Aug 2009

Post by Sandy » 04 Jan 2020 08:58

Lushie
fantastic achievement my lovely, just fantastic.
For some of us, it doesn't do us any harm to look back, in a way it keeps us focused as to what we want to move away from, but remember you are so different now, you have carved out a new booze and fag free life. Its amazing what you have done and continue to do- you are building a life that is exactly what you want. A life of freedom from those old ghosts...…...grab it and run full steam ahead my girl, you have done amazing <:)>

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 04 Jan 2020 09:23

Very emotional/inspirational post Lushie. Thanks for sharing and massive well done on reaching this milestone ahievement ;)? <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Post by Lush4life » 04 Jan 2020 10:22

Topcat wrote:
04 Jan 2020 09:23
Very emotional/inspirational post Lushie. Thanks for sharing and massive well done on reaching this milestone ahievement ;)? <:)>
Thanks matey ;)?
Reached a milestone
Lost a millstone 8-)
What a difference one letter can make
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 04 Jan 2020 11:04

Lush4life wrote:
04 Jan 2020 10:22