SUPPORT/CHAT/GENERAL - 2008

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
becstarr

Re: SUPPORT/CHAT/GENERAL November 2008

Post by becstarr »

Hey Peeps

Well I'm knackered so off to bed. Hope everyone manages to stay sober tonight.

Catch ya's tomorrow

Bec x

Lush

Post by Lush »

Night Becs <:)>

Susie
xx
"I love the English language, it has a certain je ne sais qoi".

patty
Last Drink Date: 01 Dec 2017

Post by patty »

Hi everyone,

sorry dont know where else to post this, its not an sos as I know tonight is going to be bad for me!. Ive just had a phone call from my mum about my dad who has been fighting cancer for the past 3 years or so. Hes been doing sooo well and had to have his routine scan. Its now spread to his bowel, lung, bones and bladder and they cant offer him anymore treatment. they have said he has about 12months. I am totally devastated and dont know what to do.

Love patty

queenie

Post by queenie »

patty

i'm so sorry to hear your news. how is your mum coping with all this? are they near where you live? there isn't anything i can say except that i am thinking of you. <:)>

Q
how many therapists does it take to change a light bulb? only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change...

Lush

Post by Lush »

Patty I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news. <:)>
We're all here for you, post as much as you need to. Even though words and reassurances are pretty useless at this time, writing your feelings down can help you. Nobody would blame you if you turned to drink tonight but please, please think very carefully about it - drinking isn't going to change anything. It will only make you feel even worse. Post on the SOS thread if you need to. Will be thinking of you <:)>

Susie
xx

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

Post by Kitty »

Oh Patty I'm so sorry to hear this. How dreadfully unfair.
Like Queenie I really don't know what to say other than I'm thinking of you and will be here for you if you need to talk stuff through. As you've just found out I expect you are still in a lot of shock, wish there was something I could do or say to help.

<:)> Kitty
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

mako27

Post by mako27 »

Hello Patty

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and truly hope you get all the comfort you need at this time <:)>

My OH's dad was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago and it is terminal, so i have a slight understanding of the shock and pain you are feeling right now. Stay close to your mum and support each other at this sad time.

Thinking of you <:)>

Maisyxx

themolesmother

Post by themolesmother »

Hello patty,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Am thinking of you.

<:)>

MM
The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step

Amber

Post by Amber »

Patty, I am so so sorry to hear about your dad. You must be feeling awful right now <:)> There is little I can say to help, but I am thinking of you and hope that everything possible is done to keep your dad comfortable and that you and your family get all the support you can. Lots of love to you, we are all here for you xxxxx
Ps; If there is any thing I can do to help,even if its to listen/chat, please ask xxxx <:)>
The strongest among the weak is the one who doesn't forget his weaknesses.
- Danish Proverb

C F

Post by C F »

Patty, big hugs from me too <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

Im so sorry you are going through this. Take care and we're all here for you <:)> <:)> <:)>

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

Dear Patty. All I can send is my best wishes and hugs, thinking about you xx

becstarr

Post by becstarr »

Patty - that sucks
I'm thinking of you.

Bec x

tawny

Post by tawny »

Patty

am sending you a big hug and hope that you will find strength. Life can be so difficult sometimes.

<:)> <:)>
if you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you obviously haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation

JACKS

Post by JACKS »

Patty,

Thinking of you - lots of love.

Jacks

qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Patty, just read your post, I really feel for you and admire your strentgh. xx <:)>
Liz. xxx.
Oh would some power the gift he gi us...to see ourselves as others see us

patty
Last Drink Date: 01 Dec 2017

Post by patty »

Hi everyone,

thank you, queenie,susie,kitty,maisy,mm,hoping 1, canary fairy, sally c, becstarr, tawny for you kind messages and much needed hugs they were much appreciated :)

I wallowed a bit last night in self pity and feel quite selfish about it today, because My Mum is the one who is going to suffer the most. Problem for me is she isnt coping that well, she has quite bad arthritis and her hands are awful so my dad does a lot for her, also they live 200 miles away in weston super mare so I cant just nip round (so to speak) and with having the farm we have to plan a few weeks in advance visits because of the livestock. there is only me because my brother died 10 years ago (aged 46) of a heart attack and so I really dont know what to do. although I do know drinking is not the answer!!!!! I didnt do to badly last night and stopped about 9pm, had something to eat and a pint of tea!! and went to bed (I actually took my own advice for once!!) so no hangover this morning just saddness :(

My husband is brilliant and says we will just take it as it comes, we are having an extension built in the new year, so it is possible they could come to me (if I can talk them into it) when thats finished. Oh I dont know everything is so up in the air, but it will get sorted eventually.

the good news is they have booked a holiday in spain for 3 weeks over the christmas period (they love spain, bless them) so Im sure that will do them the world of good.

anyway WOBBLE OVER, I need to be back on track for everyones sake, and thanks to you lot here I am. God only knows what state I would be in now if it wasnt for you guys and BE :D

Maisy, so sorry about your father in law, I can for once say and mean 'I know how you feel' keep your chin up or keep smilin as my dad says :)

Love to you all and thank you so much

love patty xx <:)> <:)>

bumpydog
Last Drink Date: 18 Nov 2012

Post by bumpydog »

Oh Patty.

<:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

Don't really know what to say except I'm thinking of you.

Bumpy xxx
If you have one foot in the past and one foot in the future you end up weeing on today...focus on today!

Lush

Post by Lush »

Patty I'm so proud of you for not caving in too badly last night, I know I probably would have drank till I either ran out of booze or passed out, under those circumstances. You weren't wallowing in self-pity at all, you were upset about your dad's prognosis, not only that you are obviously worried about your mother too. You are allowed to be upset you know, it will affect you just as much as it does your mother and it will be tough on you both. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother too, so very young. It's fantastic that your hubby is being so supportive, it must make a massive difference to you. Your parents going to Spain for Christmas sounds nice, is there any way you could join them for a few days of their holiday?

You seem so much more positive today, you know we're all here for you <:)>

Susie
xx

C F

Post by C F »

Patty, you didnt wallow in self pity, you shared your problem with us and we were able to send you hugs <:)> Glad you didnt cave in too. Spain sounds lovely for your parents. Good idea of Susie's if you could make it over there for a bit?

Hope everyone else is ok and love and hugs to you all too. Its nearly the weekend, whats everyone up to?

I may go out tonight to see a band (just a couple of drinks) but may stay in. Football tomorrow and X Factor tomorrow night. Can't wait.