SUPPORT/CHAT/GENERAL - 2008

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Amber

Re: SUPPORT/CHAT/GENERAL November 2008

Post by Amber »

Hey K98, well done for staying away from the drink <:)> I am proud of you. Its good that you have found the alternative of NA beer. I know what you mean about the weather, I am in total hibernation mode and sitting on my backside eating like there is no tomorrow, well at least I am not drinking and that is the main thing. I am so happy to be abstaining from alcohol and feel a million times better for it. Just hope I can keep it up. Hopefully the weather will be nicer soon and you can go for that walk, it will no doubt do you alot of good. Hope you and baby have a lovely evening xxx <:)>
The strongest among the weak is the one who doesn't forget his weaknesses.
- Danish Proverb

patty
Last Drink Date: 01 Dec 2017

Re: SUPPORT/CHAT/GENERAL November 2008

Post by patty »

Hi everyone,
K98 you are doing just great :D and you too can have babies as beautiful as mine!!!! :? keep going because you will feel so much better and Im so glad youve found an alternative :)

Thanks for the lovely comments on little BE and 'darcy' they really are lovely babes, OH thinks weve all gone crackers but hey ho!!!

Had a panic tonight as I got logged of BE and had the usual problems of getting back on :? I was cursing, sweating , couldnt settle full withdrawals just from not being able to post,(how sad is that??) but happily took a deep breath and did it :D good job or I dont think I would have slept tonight!!!!

Anyway I know some people are struggling and I know how hard it is, but just keep going, tomorrow is the start of a new week.

Hope you all have had a good night,

Love patty xx <:)>

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

SUPPORT/CHAT/GENERAL - December 2008

Post by Kitty »

Hi everyone, here's the support and general chat thread for December 2008.

Kitty x
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

Lush

Re: SUPPORT/CHAT/GENERAL - December 2008

Post by Lush »

Yay! Thanks Kitty <:)>

Not been around much again today as my grandma's still not well. Had the doctor out again to her, he's started her on antibiotics but if she's still not well tomorrow she'll have to go into hospital because she's going to get dehydrated if she doesn't start eating and drinking more. It's like being back at work!

Susie
xx
"I love the English language, it has a certain je ne sais qoi".

patty

Post by patty »

Hi susie,

Hope your grandma makes a speedy and complete recovery. I know what you mean about the work thing, My mum is always on the phone about her aches and pains and my fathers medication but bless them its lovely to give a bit of advice and know they will sleep better for it :)

chat later,

Lush

Post by Lush »

Thanks Darcy and Patty, <:)>

It's really not like her to be ill like this, she didn't get up till this afternoon and I've never known it. The District Nurse is coming tomorrow to take bloods, urine sample went today and hopefully the antibiotics will kick in by tomorrow. Doc thinks that she has a urine infection, and I know from my previous nursing experience on medical wards that when elderly people get a urine infection (often without symptoms) they can go 'off legs' which is exactly what's happened. She's a tough old bird though, so I'm sure she'll be ok soon.

Susie
xx

Amber

Post by Amber »

Hey Susie, I hope your Gran gets better very soon <:)> xxx
The strongest among the weak is the one who doesn't forget his weaknesses.
- Danish Proverb

bumpydog
Last Drink Date: 18 Nov 2012

Post by bumpydog »

My grandma goes completely bonkers and ''off legs" when she's had a urine infection. She is 93 bless her! She's even used swear words we never even knew she knew!

We've often thought she's lost the plot or 'that's it' but she always bounces back! She's still going strong!

Hope its Ok

Bumpydog xxx

<:)> <:)>
If you have one foot in the past and one foot in the future you end up weeing on today...focus on today!

Janette
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2008

Post by Janette »

Hello everyone, just a note to let you all know I didn't forget about you. Things are going better (again thanks to finding this site). Its still 12-1-08 here and I am 29 days sober. Can you believe it! We had a big holiday on Thursday, (Thanksgiving) where I seen alot of family that had no clue how heavy my drinking had become. Alot of remarks were made how different I am. Alot more "nice" to be around. People are starting to wonder. :D

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, hope you are doing well, and hopefully after the hustle and busle of the holidays, I will have more free time to come back and enjoy all your company.

<:)> <:)> <:)>
Janette
Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead.

hamster
Last Drink Date: 02 Nov 2010

Post by hamster »

Hello janette

Well dont on 29 days :D Nearly a month!

I thought thanks giving was the 4th of December for some reason :oops: :oops: I was going to send you thnks giving messages and now I lost my chance :(

Well a belated HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you <:)> <:)> and i will try to be more educated next year :?

Julie
x
AF2011 number 10

Dave D

Post by Dave D »

Phew !!!

I'm gonna come and hide in here till the social drinking thread calms down...... :lol:

themolesmother

Post by themolesmother »

Hi Dave,

Don't beat yourself up about it. All you did was innocently walk into the middle of a very old argument. I hope it hasn't put you off this site. I've found it a lot of help in cutting down on my drinking which was getting seriously out of hand and jeopardising my cancer treatment.

Hope you enjoy chatting with us.

MM
The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step

patty

Post by patty »

Hi janette,

29 days is brilliant, you must feel great, lovely to hear your positive post :D although it did make me think when I read ' its still 12.1.08 here, just a blonde moment and got there in the end :?

becstarr

Post by becstarr »

Hey Suse

How's things going with your grandma hon? Sorry I've only just read that she is unwell. I hope she's ok. Lucky she's got you to help look after her.

Bec <:)>

LostSoul

Post by LostSoul »

Has anyone heard from Glenn since 28th Nov? He hasn't read a PM i sent him from then.... x

Lush

Post by Lush »

Hi all,

My grandma is well and truly on the mend, she wanted a pie for her lunch today! There's a nurse coming out sometime this week to do a 'falls assessment', and the doctor who called yesterday suggested carers, but I'm not at all happy about strangers going in, and my grandma won't hear of it. I'm still off work for now but will be hopefully going back soon but I might have to drop a few hours if my grandma needs me.

LS I haven't heard from Glenn either, I hope he's ok.

Susie
xx

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

Post by Kitty »

Hi Susie,
I'm really glad to hear that your Grandma is on the mend <:)>

LS, Glenn last posted on the 29th as far as I can see. I also had a pm from him on that date but nothing since.

Kitty xx
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Hi Susie, just got in from work and read post. It's great to hear your Grandma is on the up :) , they are the best people ar'nt they? Any-one who askes for a pie must be feeling better :D Take care of yourself. Catch you later <:)>
Liz. xxx.
Oh would some power the gift he gi us...to see ourselves as others see us

qwerty

Post by qwerty »

p.s. See what I mean about my spelling being cr*p? I only just noticed it :oops:
Liz. xxx.
Oh would some power the gift he gi us...to see ourselves as others see us

patty

Post by patty »

SNOW AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH No sleep again for me tonight :(

Love patty xx <:)> :( :x :? :roll: :shock: