I Will Not Drink Today Because..............

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Cowboy

Re: I Will Not Drink Today Because..............

Post by Cowboy »

I will not drink today because ... I truly enjoy my mornings sober. My body enjoys those mornings as well.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Neal
Last Drink Date: 14 Feb 2021

Post by Neal »

...it's day 21 and I'm not coming up short on 3 weeks sober.
"...all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it... and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Well done on 3 weeks Neal. Keep it going.

I will not drink today because it feels good to have a week sober in the bag and I want more. More clear days, more appetite, more life and living. It OK to be selfish in your sobriety.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Tom B.

Post by Tom B. »

This thread has been one of the most helpful threads to post on and to try to BE my own Words. I believe I will post in other places but come back in a couple of months here again. Thank you to all!

I will not drink because it is unhealthy for me to do so!

Neal

Post by Neal »

...I'm thinking about a long haul now. It's only three weeks, and a month milestone ahead. The last time I had a sober spell like this, if I remember correctly, I was sober for a couple of years.

Who knows? But I know I'd like total abstinence.
It's early days, and I will be vigilant, but I'm feeling strong about this right now.
"...all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it... and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Love the positivity Neal and I have been in these parts long enough to remember those days.

I'm feeling much the same and hope I can manifest that feeling.

I will not drink today because ... I bought a new guitar and want to play and play and play - sober.

Neal

Post by Neal »

...I don't need it.

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2021
First Sober Date: 27 Feb 2021

Post by BizzyBee »

Morning guys.
I like that one Neal - short and to the point!

I will not drink today because I've got too much to be getting on with over the coming weeks and drinking will slow me down.
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

I will not drink today because ... it feels so good to be in double digits again.

Neal

Post by Neal »

...I want to post on the 'I haven't had a drink today' thread tonight before bed.

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

..... I'm liking how our glass recycling box isn't overflowing with wine bottles. If it stays as it is, I won't have that feeling of embarrassment when it's time to put it out next week!
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

I will not drink today because it's a beautiful day and spring is in the air. Why spoil it by getting plastered?

Neal

Post by Neal »

...I am enjoying my new routines that have replaced sitting on my @rse gulping down poison.

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

I will not drink today because its day 13 and I don't want to use the excuse of it being an unlucky number. I'm in control and it's my choice. I can take responsibility!

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

I will not drink today because ... hangovers suck.

Neal

Post by Neal »

...I'm looking forward to a fourth sober weekend.

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

I will not drink today because I want to start my 3rd weekend sober in the right way....... Sober!!

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Well done everyone.

I will not drink today because ... I can't handle the after effects anymore. I just can't.

Neal

Post by Neal »

...I'm having a great weekend without it.

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

I will not drink today because I've got loads to do that won't get done if I'm tipsy/drunk or hungover tomorrow