Sports Desk

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Vertical Man

Re: Sports Desk

Post by Vertical Man »

Well done today Reds 👍
Important 3 points against Stevie G’s stubborn Villa team
Phew!
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Excellent 3 points for LFC and well done Agent Rafa getting a draw against Chelsea.

Cannot believe I’m watching games without drinking and it feeling so OK!
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom”
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Vertical Man wrote:
16 Dec 2021 22:10
Excellent 3 points for LFC
Vertical Man wrote:
well done Agent Rafa getting a draw against Chelsea.
Vertical Man wrote:
Cannot believe I’m watching games without drinking and it feeling so OK!
It's a totally win-win-win situation, Steve (::) ;)?
"There was a house we all had in common and it was called the past, even though we'd lived in different rooms."

221b for the 2022 Challenge, including Sundays.

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Well done Reds in the FA Cup against a decent Shrewsbury Town and looking forward to playing Cardiff in the next round.

Did not drink: been a few games since I could write that. Was pretty tough and several coffees needed.
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Well done, Steve (::) ;)?

I'm from Cambridge but support their rivals, nearby Peterborough. Thankfully, Posh beat Bristol Rovers on Saturday, so I can secretly feel happy (well, just a little bit) for my U's-supporting mates after their (it hurts to say this!) great win against Newcastle :roll: :lol:

Great win for Forest too yesterday :D
"There was a house we all had in common and it was called the past, even though we'd lived in different rooms."

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Thanks as ever Mark and well done Posh 👏

Chuffed for Forest as one of footy’s great clubs.

Newcastle has a long, long road ahead and may not be supporters’ ‘second club’ anymore?
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Thanks, Steve ;)?
Vertical Man wrote:
10 Jan 2022 07:40
Chuffed for Forest as one of footy’s great clubs.
Definitely ;)?
Vertical Man wrote:
10 Jan 2022 07:40
Newcastle has a long, long road ahead and may not be supporters’ ‘second club’ anymore?
Yes, they're in a strange place, aren't they? I'm a bit biased as a cousin supports Newcastle, but whilst I'm really happy for their fans that Mike Ashley is gone, I think that the new owners may make them unpopular with everyone else?

I feel a bit torn. It's a bit rotten to have liked them when they were poor, but then to suddenly dislike them when they become rich. But nobody likes mega-wealthy owners buying success, do they? It's like City when I was a kid - they were a lot cooler than Utd when they were poor and rubbish :lol:

But it will be interesting to see what happens to Newcastle. As you say, they have a long road to travel. Be interesting to see who they can attract, given they are still very likely to spend next year in the Championship.

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Excellent points Mark: you know your footy 👍

I’m lucky, in that my second team is Liverpool Reserves 😁
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Aww, thanks very much, Steve. Funnily enough, I've never felt very confident about my opinions! :oops: ;)?
Vertical Man wrote:
10 Jan 2022 09:26
I’m lucky, in that my second team is Liverpool Reserves
:lol: (::) Quite right too!

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

The only think I’d correct Mark is that it’s pronounced ’Citeh’ and not ‘City’ 😂
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Vertical Man wrote:
10 Jan 2022 11:26
The only think I’d correct Mark is that it’s pronounced ’Citeh’ and not ‘City’ 😂
Ha ha, very true! :lol: (::)

And they play at the Emptyhad, don't they? :lol:

I'd better shut up. I'm meant to be impartial, me ()o

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Impartial: No
Funny: Yes
😂😂😂
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

:lol:

tog
Last Drink Date: 09 Jan 2021

Post by tog »

Hammers fan here :D

Looking forward to this weekend's games. Hopefully we can repeat our cup win against Leeds on Sunday.

What a time to be a West Ham fan! Come on you Irons (::)

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

tog wrote:
15 Jan 2022 05:58
What a time to be a West Ham fan!
It is indeed, Tog! It's good to see them doing so well and mixing up the usual contenders for the top four. Good luck against Leeds. A win for you and a draw between Spurs and Arsenal would do you good, wouldn't it? ;)?

It's grass roots stuff for me today. I'm on holiday at my parents', so I'm off to watch my ten-year-old nephew's team play, this morning, and then Dad and I will be supporting our village side in the afternoon. Most of the day's going to be spent on the touchline so I'd better remember to wear two pairs of socks :lol:

My main team, Posh, play Coventry. This season's just a long hard battle for survival. A wee run of consistently good results would be nice. COYPU! :D

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

*Proud Uncle Update* Nephew's team won 3-2 with nephew scoring the equaliser that made it 2-2. Great match :D

Might actually put on a third pair of socks on for the afternoon match as it's very chilly underfoot out there! :oops:

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Brill stuff Mark 👏
Any chance you could nip your nephew over to Anfield while Mo and Sadio are away… we could do with him on loan 👍

Welcome tog to the sports desk 👍
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Vertical Man wrote:
15 Jan 2022 13:17
Any chance you could nip your nephew over to Anfield while Mo and Sadio are away… we could do with him on loan 👍
He'd absolutely love that, Steve! ;)?

The village match was scrappy but fun, and our team scraped a 1-0 win :D

As for Posh... Pish, more like :roll: (w)

Vertical Man

Post by Vertical Man »

Well done today Reds 👏👏👏
Excellent performance and result: especially after a disappointing draw on Thursday.
Viktor E. Frankl.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Congratulations, Steve ;)? (Although I'm sorry that Agent Rafa finally got rumbled ;) )

Commiserations, Tog :( Better luck against against Man Utd next week ;)?