Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Re: Regrouping

Post by Spats »

Next Friday. I was due to stay with a frien overnight and another friend was driving us. I live on the other side of town from them but work is closer to them.

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

Hi guys,
Day 7 here already!
Man,waking up sober is so much better , (after ten thousand attempts) at least im not hoping ive still got beers left over from last night,cos if i had, that would be my breakfast

Who said about permission thoughts last page? Yup, thats where it gets me, i go from craving,to feeling to urge to permission thought so quickly, i already have my plan of drinking set out in my brain. Its crazy

My rooms finally clear of cans, but ive still got empty vodka bottles stashed in clothes draws.

If anyones struggling at weekend, just pretend its a tuesday or something?!

I cant really talk atm, still early days.

Hi to all that know me, thanks.
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

loosebanana

Post by loosebanana »

Hi all,

Ah, the weekend, sober.

I was at work for 8am yesterday felt good, worked until 5pm, really enjoying the job looking forward to putting this weeks blip behind me. I had a small alcohol craving afterwards but realised it was just silly, I was tired and hungry, so it was straight home, bang something in the microwave, eat, watch some TV, bed.

Need to brave the weather to go to town for necessary bank and PO thing which I have put off for 2 weeks, but have a plan, don't want to be lingering!

Tell you something that really shook me to the core though. I was asked if I had met 'Steve' (for that is his name), I said I wasn't sure, but then he said he'd met me, at xyz company. I fcking froze, I was sacked from there after being found drunk in the toilets. We had a chat as best as possible and he said I was looking well, but blimey, I thought this is the end, he must have told someone. He said he looked forward to working with me. I was a bag of nerves for a few minutes but then I remembered that during that awful time I had started to care for my mum, and didn't work for a year afterwards as I really did look after her. So if there is any karma in the world it is that it was a difficult time for all.

How the past can catch up with you eh?

<and breathe> it will be fine.

<edit> wot up CC, doing good man, couple of days behind you, feeling better.
<insert pathos here>

DoneandDone
First Sober Date: 24 Oct 2017

Post by DoneandDone »

LB

The past indeed catches up. Many on BE have stories of how their chances and opportunities and reputations were damaged by having a drinking problem. This current job prospect could be your last chance. Quit pussyfooting around. Get sober. You are too smart for this. Stop eating microwave food. Learn to cook it will keep you from drinking.

Straight talk from a love place.
Signed crabby woman
Aka D&D
Two faces of feminine nature
Two faces of feminine nature
35550BC7-4134-4EA1-881D-7AFBEA076922.jpeg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
It will always and forever be One Day At A Time

faith2be
Last Drink Date: 06 Nov 2018

Post by faith2be »

Love that D&D
Ditto to LB and cc ;)?
Catch up priperly later...
Definition of recovery:
1) "a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength"
2) "the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost"

DoneandDone

Post by DoneandDone »

Not your kind of angel Pig.
Last I heard you were listening to a better one.

DoneandDone

Post by DoneandDone »

Sorry I collect angel images. Like pigs moon shots

Here’s one that makes me chuckle

Carrying Earth report back to Heaven does not look happy.
Carrying Earth report back to Heaven does not look happy.
57697D94-9ABA-4BB7-92F3-32680BCD8890.jpeg (74.82 KiB) Viewed 1699 times

DoneandDone

Post by DoneandDone »

Pork wrote::?:
Bad joke meaning the av. Is one you have stopped having a say ;)?

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Good afternoon.

Half way through my shift and it’s flown by so far! Bloody freezing and I’m in and out all day but at least it’s keeping me on the straight and narrow, and I’m earning some money.

Nice to see everyone, as always

T xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning all.

Last day of work before annual leave!!!!!!

I’m bloody tired and can’t wait to get home.

Happy Sunday.

T xx

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

Enjoy last day tad !

Ive just made brekkie for mum n step dad, my girls are over & dancing around the living room to that bloody music channel where the top 20 seems to be full of auto tune r&b rubbish. Ha ,i sound old !

Onto day 8 now, feeling better everyday.
Still taking my high strength thiamine & some vit b complex. My finger tips are still numb though. Guess that will take time.

Hope everyones sunday goes well
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

faith2be

Post by faith2be »

Morning all <:)>

Tad. Great re work and leave, but take care and mind the eaf. Leave will be best enjoyed/put to use sober.

CC. Yey day 8. You need this. I now believe my pai ful toe joints are alcohol related. Its getting better, not great by any means, but not crippling as it was while I was caning it. You know what the numb extremities means. Remember Silverado who had neuropathy? Please dont join him. Yet.

LB. Ditto. Please keep sober this weekend and ready for work tomorrow. As D&D said. This may be your last chance re work. Or anything really. Sorry to be hard but I hit the wall running whilst looking elsewhere. I did that once in real life as a kid (plate glass wall) and still have a painful lump on my forehead where I cracked my skull. I liken it to the chaos of alcohol abuse. One day we are forced to stop running and watch how we go.

I'm now well into my 2nd month of sober living. I miss having a drink but I don't miss being smashed and all the blackout mess that comes with it.

I truly know I'm not going there again. I can choose to have a drink again - sure, maybe someday. But not today. It works. It takes all the pressure off. Counting days for me is like watching the guage on a pressure cooker. It was always going to explode. Now I just make sure to keep my life pot at a gentle simmer and switch it off (ie go to bed) if things get too heated for me to deal with. This is working too.

Love faith xx
Definition of recovery:
2) "the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost"

Spats

Post by Spats »

Faith, understand what you’re saying. I’d like to reach the stage where I and say I don’t want to drink today because it’s not necessary. And I’m comfortable without it. I’d also like to stop counting my sober days because it’s all in the past and not part of my life anymore <:)>

Hopefully one day - just get through today first :)

SueDenim
Last Drink Date: 28 Aug 2017
First Sober Date: 29 Aug 2017

Post by SueDenim »

Keep going, Spats = you will get there <:)>.

Hi groupies :\:

It's a snowy day here - is it the same for you?

Faith, it's good to see you are doing so well. I also have sore toe joints, but hadn't really related it to alcohol. I've heard of neuropathy, but thought that it meant numbness and burning, not painful joints - can they be related? My feet were sore for a while before I stopped, and I thought it was the start of arthritis. I am into my 7th month now, so if it was caused by alcohol, they should be improving soon if they are going to (fingers crossed).

It has surprised me just how many symptoms I had were related to alcohol. They might seem small and unrelated, but I didn't know that they were painting a picture. Bleeding gums, little nosebleeds, broken veins, eczema, loss of appetite, chapped lips - all of these and more are signs of liver damage, but as they can all have other unrelated causes it is easy to ignore them (particularly if we don't want to face up to what is happening). We don't wake up one morning with all of them - they sort of sneak up one at a time.

Anyway, it's good to see you back in the saddle, Drew, and to see everyone else fighting the good fight. Do you have plans for your leave, Tads? It's a pity it coincides with this weather, but you can enjoy sitting in front of your lovely new fire with a good book to take your mind off things. Do you like hot chocolate? I rarely drink it usually, but love in this weather. It's a real treat when it's cold outside and I don't have to go out.

LB,it looks like you dodged a bullet with your ex-colleague, which is great. One less thing to worry about, and a good reminder of how things can work out if we let them.

I'm going to make some breakfast and coffee now that the heating has been on long enough to heat the kitchen :D. Catch you later.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Looks like it’s going to be a pleasurable Sunday groupies! Keep it up!

Work is dragging and painfully quiet today. Boss has pitched up too and I’m desperate to bunk off and drive out for a coffee...I’ll have to plan my escape route.

T xx

Spats

Post by Spats »

Hope he goes soon Tads ;)? And you can get home soon into the warm and start your holiday. \:)/

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi everyone.

It’s freezing here!!!!! Fire burning nicely on my first day of annual leave. Dog has chewed husbands phone. Not the best start but never mind.

Seems awfully quiet here. Hope everyone’s ok?

T xx

DoneandDone

Post by DoneandDone »

Spring
Alcohol is not part of this scene
Alcohol is not part of this scene
87558FE6-4288-4C6A-85C5-E7363EFDFED5.jpeg (172.13 KiB) Viewed 1544 times

SueDenim
Last Drink Date: 28 Aug 2017
First Sober Date: 29 Aug 2017

Post by SueDenim »

Tadpole wrote:Seems awfully quiet here. Hope everyone’s ok?
I'm fine, thanks. I was going to go to Pilates this afternoon, but the weather has put me off. The friend who knocks for mean the way is feeling ill, so that was enough of an excuse a reason to send apologies.

I am planning to get rid of a lot of things from my daughter's room, such as an old TV and discarded items of various types. She left home ages ago, and I would like to make her room into a craft room. The alcove that houses the TV could be shelved and used to store my wool stash, so that I can see at a glance what is there. It's just getting the motivation to do it, really. I'd love to join there and find it has been done, but don't have the energy/inclination to do it :roll:.

If I had your fire I'd never leave the sofa :oops:.

faith2be

Post by faith2be »

Hi all,
Sue, I got very sore joints - and it was very much worse during a "caning it" period. I also have the beginnings of arthritis and my toe joints are enlarged. However, I believe it may be made worse by drinking - gouty arthritis compounding an already existing problem. I hope both yours and mine eventually improves...

Tad - lovely thought of log fire. Shame about the phone, hope it's not serious.
D&D love your pics and little gems.

CC and LB - you guys still hanging in there?
Swordie? Yooo-hooo... :\:

Well today I woke with another of my phantom hangovers - and it's lasting all day. It's funny that, it seems to pop up about every fortnight, last about 3 days then disappear. As I was battling through the snow to get in the door after work (need to change before I can start shovelling) thoughts of what would fix it came to mind. A little medicinal tot. Previously I used to have a bottle for such emergencies, but now I don't so it just isn't an option and I'm glad there simply isnt that option. I could drive 20 mins to a shop and buy beer, but I don't want to spend the money. I am on a serious mission to be AF and to save as much money as possible. Pennies and pounds and all that.
So once more (swordie, you get this too, I believe), I'm just going to treat it as if I've got the flu and do what needs to be doing, take care of all the animals and then have yet another early night. With all the "stuff" going on with my daughter, and every day, a new blow seems to emerge, I simply hate evenings so I just go to bed. Son has been absolutely lovely to me all week (apart from the occasional normal grumps etc) but now he's off to his dads. I am keeping AF simply because all of the above, and I simply am utterly tired of solitary boozing. I made a promise I just wasn't going to do it any more. There is no point, it's not cool, it's not fun and it's not solving anything at all.

Please, everyone else who'se going AF for periods, and gets bouts of fatigue, headaches, brain-fog, weepiness etc - just push through it. I'm imagining that it's still my poor body/mind/soul recovering from the last decade of abuse.

Have a good monday/monday evening folks (or tuesday morning for aussies...)

;)?
Definition of recovery: