Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
swordgirl.

Re: Regrouping

Post by swordgirl. »

Hey Peeps
Faith, you so called it with the PAWS and I crawled through on Friday, fluffed it Saturday, stepped up on Sunday. Fluffed again today, funeral as well today. It's not a reason though, perhaps an excuse. Bit gutted really, not to mention guilty.

SueDenim
Last Drink Date: 28 Aug 2017
First Sober Date: 29 Aug 2017

Post by SueDenim »

No need to feel guilty, swordie <:)>.

Funerals are horrible, and if everyone else is drinking afterwards it's not easy to say no.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Thanks Sue <:)> <:)> I didn't drink at the funeral, I made plans to drink as I was driving back home. I think that driving more than an hour is a bit of a trigger for me, especially motorway driving and dangerous driving situations etc. I think I just want to switch off and forget the stress and have a reward afterwards.

Feeling a little blue today. Woke up a lot in the night and really not feeling the greatest today. Really don't want to go to work but I really must. Really need to get back on course. If it wasn't for the snow I think I would have had a drink on Sunday as well :cry: I am seeing the alcohol counsellor again this week, I just feel so ashamed and embarrassed and disappointed and like I have a mountain to climb. My periods of sobriety are getting shorter not longer, I so need to get a grip. Sorry for moaning.

Well done to everyone who has not been drinking. Please keep going. It is so not worth it to have a drink. Breaking a sober stint is pointless, and once it is broken then it's not just the one occasion, you've let your addictive voice in and then it keeps bothering you. You might think you're just going to have a drink for one night but then it keeps happening again and again. Keep your guard up folks.

faith2be
Last Drink Date: 06 Nov 2018

Post by faith2be »

Swordie <:)>
Definition of recovery:
1) "a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength"
2) "the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost"

tony278

Post by tony278 »

I am a late stage binge drinking alcoholic. I have always been able to stop on my own for awhile. My binges have gotten absolutely crazy and out of control in the last several years, they last for about 4 days and I cannot be around other human beings when they occur....I have been in every kind of trouble and treatment that you can imagine. (I am 45 years old)
that being said, I tried Naltrexone.... the last time I got that tingling felling to where I knew I was going to take a drink before the end of the day....
I did not finish the whole case of beer, I did not black out, I did not ruin my f**king life again.

is not a miracle pill, and you have to be ready for it and be really sick of what alcohol is doing to you, but, with AA or church or something.... In my experience, Naltrexone will make a relapse a lot less costly.

DoneandDone
First Sober Date: 24 Oct 2017

Post by DoneandDone »

tony278 wrote:I am a late stage binge drinking alcoholic. I have always been able to stop on my own for awhile. My binges have gotten absolutely crazy and out of control in the last several years, they last for about 4 days and I cannot be around other human beings when they occur....I have been in every kind of trouble and treatment that you can imagine. (I am 45 years old)
that being said, I tried Naltrexone.... the last time I got that tingling felling to where I knew I was going to take a drink before the end of the day....
I did not finish the whole case of beer, I did not black out, I did not ruin my f**king life again.

is not a miracle pill, and you have to be ready for it and be really sick of what alcohol is doing to you, but, with AA or church or something.... In my experience, Naltrexone will make a relapse a lot less costly.
Hi Tony,

Here’s link on BE to Sinclair Method Naltrexone chat

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=803&p=816918&hilit= ... ne#p816918

I know little about naltrexone except that I don’t think a lot of docs are into it of late. I believe BE has shifted its position on it and doesn’t particularly recommend it at this time. That should be verified.

You sound in a terrible predicament. What do you think is your major challenge for quitting? It sounds like the naltrexone is not really working for you. Have you tried Kudzu? Reduces cravings and no side effects. BE does recommend kudzu.

You have got to get your head around the problem. No pill for that.

Done and Done
Last edited by DoneandDone on 20 Mar 2018 11:30, edited 2 times in total.
It will always and forever be One Day At A Time

ScarletB

Post by ScarletB »

Hi everyone. I'm back and struggling. Major binge thus weekebd and panic yesterday. Had to keep drinking to get through yesterday but I had my last drink lastnight. I really want to be done with all this crap. I'm so exhausted with trying to function. I know life would be so much easier without alcohol in the mix. My oh and best friend say they support my decision. I just need to get through today. Shaky. Dark circles under eyes. Ashamed and scared. Have work today and child. Wondering if others know. Neighbors. Work.

DoneandDone

Post by DoneandDone »

Goal #1 Make Swordie laugh or at least smile

Swordgirl,

Don’t make much of this. Learn from it. Learn learn learn. Spend no time in remorse and regret.
People at the top of human performance have immense self control and discipline.You have that too as is evident by the way you manage family and work.

People at the top of the game slip up too. All the time. However, they spend zero time in regret. Don’t you do that either. This is a wobble. We minimize attention paid to those. Keep going. You are a champion. Champs slip. They just keep getting up again and never quit.

Tons of love, D&D

Someone wants you to join them for a cup of tea
Swordie, do join me for a cup of tea  won’t you?
Swordie, do join me for a cup of tea won’t you?
785BC435-B1E7-4D7D-9ED8-8D88235B8F6B.jpeg (19.88 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Click here to play
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stxQq0kI4pk

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

DandD your response to Swordie rings so true. I’ll take that on board myself (w)

DoneandDone

Post by DoneandDone »

ScarletB wrote:Hi everyone. I'm back and struggling. Major binge thus weekebd and panic yesterday. Had to keep drinking to get through yesterday but I had my last drink lastnight. I really want to be done with all this crap. I'm so exhausted with trying to function. I know life would be so much easier without alcohol in the mix. My oh and best friend say they support my decision. I just need to get through today. Shaky. Dark circles under eyes. Ashamed and scared. Have work today and child. Wondering if others know. Neighbors. Work.
Scarlet,
Do not put your mind on others knowing. It’s the wrong focus. It’s you that has to know. Our drinking persona is someone we don’t really know I think sometimes. They just kind of show up at the door uninvited and take over. Take your life back. Do not worry about the gossips. You can’t do anything about them.

A few days sober your mood will lift s bit. If drinking heavily taper, don’t try cold turkey. Uneccessary suffering, Sleep sleep sleep as much as you can. Eat nutritious food no junk. Do your makeup everyday. Gives you a chance to look in the mirror and love yourself for a second. Keep your chin up. You can do it. D&D

DoneandDone

Post by DoneandDone »

Spats wrote:DandD your response to Swordie rings so true. I’ll take that on board myself (w)
That message does go for you my friend

Spats, you are still going through the loss of your husband. It’s natural you would seek relief. Honestly I think you should go with the Harm Reduction Approach for a bit rather than shooting for abstinence. Trying for that is harming your self esteem too much. This is a very emotional time getting rid of all those possessions and you are under more pressure.

Something to look forward to is that people say when they go through this they enter a positive new phase. They haven’t lost anything. They are free of the past. They still have their memories . And now they can create new ones. You are on the brink of all that. Cut yourself some slack. My biggest recommend for you is home cooked meals only. No takeout, no junk food.

Love
D&D
Last edited by DoneandDone on 20 Mar 2018 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

ScarletB

Post by ScarletB »

Thank you D&D.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi all. So many of us struggling here. You’re not alone.

I’m on holiday but have booked a shift tomorrow morning to get me back on track. Let’s just try and stay as positive as possible. We have made the decision to stop again and that must be recognised as an important step forward surely?

<:)>

T xx

loosebanana

Post by loosebanana »

faith2be wrote:
<snip>

CC and LB - you guys still hanging in there?
Swordie? Yooo-hooo... :\:
Yep still hangin' here!

After work is hard, I had to taxi it Monday because of ice, then today I was on the normal pushbike and the hills were brutal so I had to just get on with it after work and head for home, took the longer route as less traffic and at last stopped at the village to catch my breathe (and have a rollie, tsk!), some bloke started talking to me and was almost trying to convince me to try out the new pub (I didn't realise I was outside a new pub, used to be a tea shop). But I bid farewell and made it home.

Work going well, just got to stay focused each day on staying away from the first drink.

And I'll be bloody fit if I have to continue riding my normal bike whilst I save up to get the electric one fixed and serviced.

It's all good. :\:
<insert pathos here>

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Thank you DandD ;)? I will remember that. And go for Harm Reduction as you suggest. I have made appt with GP next week and will speak with her again about this. So tired today so early night for me AF.

DoneandDone

Post by DoneandDone »

loosebanana wrote:
faith2be wrote:
<snip>

CC and LB - you guys still hanging in there?
Swordie? Yooo-hooo... :\:
Yep still hangin' here!

After work is hard, I had to taxi it Monday because of ice, then today I was on the normal pushbike and the hills were brutal so I had to just get on with it after work and head for home, took the longer route as less traffic and at last stopped at the village to catch my breathe (and have a rollie, tsk!), some bloke started talking to me and was almost trying to convince me to try out the new pub (I didn't realise I was outside a new pub, used to be a tea shop). But I bid farewell and made it home.

Work going well, just got to stay focused each day on staying away from the first drink.

And I'll be bloody fit if I have to continue riding my normal bike whilst I save up to get the electric one fixed and serviced.

It's all good. :\:
LB. awesome resistance to not check out a new pub! That would have been tricky for me for sure. Enjoy the new job. ;)?

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

Hey guys
Good going lb , i would have probably gone in that pub & ordered a cup of tea, but secretly probably also scoping out its beers & prices & wotnot !

Man,i remember when you first got that electric bike ! Remember i had to cycle to train station everyday due to being banned? Bikes in sis's garage now, fed up of flat tyres all the time

Still AF here, just tea overdose !

I see someone mentioned naltrexone, i took that too, but didnt find i reduced.

My nurse also mentioned nalfamine or nalmafine? ! That was supposed to make you reduce too, but there was a global shortage so i couldnt try it.

Tad, i know what you mean about just one night drinking, i think we all do. Just friday nights,yeah? Mmm maybe saturday too, oh sod it,

What about ant from ant & dec then? Like it says about addiction, taking our drug of choice is just a symptom of an underlying problem. And money & fame isnt going to change that, he has a dark hole that he is numbing with alcohol but really needs to shine a sober light on it & investigate why he drinks.
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

SueDenim
Last Drink Date: 28 Aug 2017
First Sober Date: 29 Aug 2017

Post by SueDenim »

I do feel a bit sorry for Ant. There is no excuse for drinking and driving (particularly as he could easily afford to pay for a driver); but he clearly has a lot of 'issues', and it must be really difficult to deal with them under the glare of the media spotlight. There is so much money involved in what he does (and lots of people relying on him to do it) that the chances are that he left rehab too early the last time, and wasn't properly well.

He always seems like a decent guy (although of course that could be a media construct), and his whole 'brand' is about being clean cut and 'ordinary', so it's going to be really difficult to pull this one round.

ScarletB

Post by ScarletB »

Just wanted to say hello to everyone today. It's extremely dreary here but I got sleep and back on meds. I forget to take my antidepressant when drinking so last weekend was a loss. Lord, I never want to have that panic attack again. So good to see familiar names here and it sounds like most are doing pretty well. I'm going to keep posting. Cheers for a good day for everyone.

swordgirl.

Post by swordgirl. »

Hi Everyone
Thanks for the support everyone especially D&D - that video made me smile :) . I am still struggling with getting back to sobriety, but feeling hopeful that today will be better. No point in self flagellation and turning everything into a catastrophe. The sober days still outnumber the drinking ones for me recently, so trying to get back on track today.

Hope you all have a good day ;)?