Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Tadpole

Re: Regrouping

Post by Tadpole »

Wow what a lovely post done and done. Thanks for that little boost. Your words are absolutely right.

So I’ve had a mental morning. Got home and couldn’t find the only back door key we have. It was in the car but nowhere to be seen. Cut a long story short my mum poked her finger under the hand break and there it was enclosed in the rubber bit. Unbelievable!!!!! It’s taken an age to find it amongst return journeys to my husbands woek and the gym to try and find it. I’ve had spares cut now. Should have done that ages ago obviously. Anyway, my mum is a hero and I’m so grateful that I do don’t take it out on her (which is easy to do for me).

I’m going to be rebellious and call in half an hour late for work. I rarely get a break and after the morning I’ve had I need to get my head into action before I face the action there.

What a morning!

T xx

zippy67

Post by zippy67 »

Great post DoneandDone ;)?

I am feeling a bit better today. Had a shower put clean pyjamas on, did my exercises and caught up on some paperwork. Feeling hungry now so looking forward to some tea :D

My MIL is texting me every day asking how I am :( She is waiting for a hip replacement herself so just wants to know what is going on. I don’t think she would be able to manage at home after an operation. She lives in a 1930’s semi detached house and the stairs are so steep with another little flight of stairs at the top :?

Tadpole, ScarletB, Swordie and all groupies <:)>
Last edited by zippy67 on 13 May 2018 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance
Hunter S. Thompson

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Good morning!

Zippy I’m so glad you’re starting to feel slightly better. Hopefully this is the start of the much needed recovery process. Mother in laws always seem to have an agenda don’t they?

Working again today. I’m seriously tired now. It’s so busy there, I’m taking huge risks due to the pressure and none of us are feeling particularly supported. I was so shattered last night when I got home and thankfully husband had changed his mind about going ‘out out’ so I was safe. He had bought wine though, thinking I would be disappointed about not going out (really??!!). I had some and then ate to stop me drinking more. I don’t even feel guilty today but it’s something I’m wary about letting creep up again. We had a conversation about how working is helping me keep sober.

Anyway, I drank loads of water before bed so I’m just my usual tired self today minus any hangover. I even bunked off the gym!!!

Getting ready for work now as I want to squeeze in a quick cello practice.

Have a peaceful day everyone.

T xx

zippy67

Post by zippy67 »

Hello anyone there? :shock:

Leg is so swollen twice the size and the pain is reducing me to tears. I have to phone for a nurse appointment tomorrow will ask about a dr appointment as well. I can’t sleep sitting up and I am meant to be reducing the painkillers from tonight :(

Bad news my friends dad who helped run mum to the shops and stuff he is just hanging on at home with his family. He is on morphine syringe drivers :( I have known him for over 40 years :(

Tadpole how was work and the cello? Do you have a new teacher now? I admire you taking up something new :)

Cleaner coming tomorrow I can see it far enough but OH says might as well get her in for a few hours.

Night all sleep tight <:)>
A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance
Hunter S. Thompson

martha

Post by martha »

Hi Zippy - I'm sorry you're in so much pain, that sounds really awful :cry: I hope you can get a decent night's sleep and can get some medical advice tomorrow. <:)>

That's sad news about your friend's dad :(
Waiting for bunnies to appear in the fields.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Zippy, hi.

Oh gosh, that sounds horrid. I’m late responding so hopefully the pain has reduced now? If not,
If it was me I’d be considering A&E now (5 Past 1) now if only to get checked and have some more pain relief prescribed? Hopefully it’s more bearable now though:

I’m in a strange state of mind. I’ve lost my new cello teachers address and phone number so I’ve emailed her to say this. Supposed to have a lesson tomorrow at 10 but I don’t know if she will pick up the email by then.

Work has gone weird. Everyone’s feeling the pressure, morale is low, and I’ve just finished a bottle of wine. Thought I’d slip that one in there. It’s taken me about 4 hours to drink (I used to do one in half an hour easy) and I’m heading to bed now. It’s a long story and I won’t bore your
Signing out for tonight. Not beaten.

T xx

martha

Post by martha »

Morning, Zippy. I hope you managed to sleep?

Tad, your work situation sounds really stressful :cry: I hope you too managed to sleep despite it all. I' was awake early worrying about work and so here I am browsing the internet instead of starting work :roll:

How's everyone else?

I hope Monday is a positive day for us all.
Waiting for bunnies to appear in the fields.

zippy67

Post by zippy67 »

Hi everyone

Slept for a few hours at a time last night but was still in bed when OH went away which is unusual.

Phoned the surgery got an appointment with the nurse for next week then later someone else phoned about the discharge letter and pain relief. They said they would leave a message for the doctor to phone me on Wednesday as they would not want me trailing away down there :o Been walking a bit today round the house.

Cleaner came for 2 hours this morning so at least the house looks a bit better.

Gosh it is roasting out there all the windows are wide open 8-)

Tadpole did you get your cello lesson?

Martha how was work?

Hugs to all <:)>
Hunter S. Thompson

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi everyone.

I’m in bed. Had a couple of hours sleep before my first night shift of three. Glad to be right back on the sober saddle today. It was so weird last night. As I was drinking the wine I could honestly feel my whole demeanour change. I recognised a sudden slip back into an ‘alcoholic psrsonality’ Whilst I was drinking the wine and watching the contents of the bottle disappear. I didn’t like it and I didn’t like me. I was suddenly scared that this was it and I had slipped back to my bad habits. It was really not nice.

I managed to get to my cello lesson and it was a relief that I’ve been practicing hard. I could have done more but Work has seriously been intense so time hasn’t been on my side. But I came out feeling that we had achieved something.

Zippy you’re getting there.

How was work Martha?

I’m going to get up now and have a coffee. No gym today, that’s two days off I’ve had this week :o

T xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning all.

I’m just back from work. One night down so two to go.

It was so quiet last night. I think it may be the calm before the storm tonight.

Have a good day and I’ll catch up with u after some lovely sleep!

T xx

zippy67

Post by zippy67 »

Hi everyone

Never did much today fell asleep watching Homes Under The Hammer :shock: so went back to bed for a bit and got up for a shower later.

Leg is still swollen see what the doctor says tomorrow.

My sister has managed to find out that the people who bought Mum’s house are selling it again. Some cock and bull story about their son was going to buy their house but that has fell through :? Think the work required on the roof put them off but they never got a structural survey done. The house must be in a right state by now with damp and has been empty for over a year.

Holiday transferred to January at a cost of £1123 which the insurance will pay for. They need to mitigate their losses and cheaper than paying £5500 cancellation charges :o

Tadpole hope you had a lovely sleep. I am sleeping kind of sitting up at the moment but with 3 pillows it is a bit better.

Hugs to all <:)>
Hunter S. Thompson

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi zippy. That’s a lot goIng on for you and I’m guessing as you’re not very mobile it gives you time to sit and think a bit more about things than necessary? Hope you’re ok.

I’m back at work. Just tonight and tomorrow then a couple of days off. The office I’m in is boiling hot and I’ve got work lined up already. Hopefully tonight will go quick.

Love to all.

T xx

zippy67

Post by zippy67 »

Morning all

Another sunny day here 8-)

Tadpole yes I suppose I am over thinking things a bit :(

Managed to sleep on my good side for a bit last night - bliss

No plans for today see what happens :)

Enjoy your day everyone <:)>
Hunter S. Thompson

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Yay zippy...bliss!!! Glad you got some comfort...at last. Let’s hope this is a sign of some improvement?

I had a hectic night. I’ve left work feeling paranoid. Hoping I’m over thinking now as I’m so tired.

I’m bed. Time for some sleep.

Until later.

T xx

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

morning guys x
been away again as per usual :roll:

glad to see familiar ppl here, sorry to hear of the bad situations some of you are in <:)>

kept my job by the skin of my teeth :?

but not sure how long it will last, im still drinking so walking a very fine line. i cant understand how i can stop so easily but when i really need to, for my jobs sake, i cant. its like that eaf is fully in the driving seat & set to destroy me.

obviously im still depressed, booze is obviously not helping, im away from home & my girls to work here.
wife is soon having that other mans baby

i am just self medicating.

my sort of on/ off girlfriend asked me whats on my bucket list. and do you know i couldnt think of a thing.
its like i see no joy in anything.
took me all day to come up with 2 things

how bout you guys?
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning cc.

We miss you here you know. Im sorry things are bad for you on the booze front. It sounds like a very difficult situation to be in right now, especially being away from those who you love. Why not try sticking around with us?

T xx

zippy67

Post by zippy67 »

Hi guys

CC :shock: good to see you. Please take heed of the mess I am in at the moment and do something :(

Had to get up early today as British Heart Foundation came to collect some furniture. I like donating to them since Mum passed away with heart failure. We ordered new furniture months ago before my fall.

I am feeling the difference day by day. Can now walk upstairs without the stick but still to take it easy for the first 6 weeks as there is a chance of dislocation :shock:

Dr phoned yesterday swelling is normal but she was making sure I am still taking the blood thinners. Keep putting Sudocrem on the friction burn sore thing on my bum and a plan to wean me off the morphine 8-)

I am at the nurse next Monday to check the wound so can ask about the sore if need be.

Lovely sunny day again 8-)

You off today Tadpole?

CC I have not had a drink since 13th March and I won’t lie I think about it but I have no way of getting any and I could not risk falling again. Guess what I am still here and saving a fortune :shock:

Hugs to all and please post if you are lurking <:)>
Hunter S. Thompson

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hey zippy. Progress!!!! I’m seriously pleased to read this.

Yes I’m off today. Not a bad night last night but I’m obviously tired. I’ve had about 3 hours sleep so trying to persuade myself out of bed so I can sleep tonight.

Sun is also shining here. I’m collecting my dog from my parents soon and I reckon my mum will want to go to town. I just want to stay in until the gym tonight and get stuff done so I can relax tomorrow :cry:

Anyway. I need to get up.

T xx

zippy67

Post by zippy67 »

Hi folks

How was your day Tadpole? I have been up and down at the front door :( Dodgy folk wanting to power wash the drive then a parcel for a neighbour :twisted:

Watched Britain’s Best Home Cook my god it was so boring I fell asleep. In bed now.

Might go out for tea tomorrow for a change of scene.

Saturday is meant to be roasting 8-)

Night all <:)>
Hunter S. Thompson

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning.

Careful zippy, don’t over do the hip! I’ve hardly slept. Bloody night shifts!!! I drank yesterday too. Not loads but enough to make me not want to do what I would historically do as in drink again today. Back to town with my mum today. I really need a day to catch up on myself but my mum has already decided on the shops she wants to go to so the day is pretty much set.

Have a good day zippy and anyone else who is looking in.

Back later.

T xx