Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Sleepyb

Re: Regrouping

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning, how was work Tad? I’m betting it didn’t stay quiet.
I’ve been awake for a while which is annoying as I wanted to sleep in today but I am still in bed so all is not lost.
Plans for today are spinning housework dog walk. It’s getting a bit ground hog day-ish round here!
Need a good book to read if anyone can suggest anything?

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning sleepy.

Work wasn’t too hectic but I had two extremely difficult customers so I got caught up in all sorts of legal arguments with various agencies. Done now.

I’ve completely over slept and literally just got up. I needed it. Meeting parents today, doggie walking, pizza eating and cello practice are on my agenda today. Not bad. Good book? Have you read Dry? I can’t remember. I loves it though.

Have a superb day.

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

You and your pizza tad!
Argh feel so irritable today which I think is PMT kicking in. Are 3 effing Cornettos earlier which I would never do normally and feel like crap now. And it’s all humid here!
Yep I’ve read dry Tad, really good isn’t it.
Sorry for moaning all!

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning all.

Oh sleepy. Pmt is the worst. Hope you feel better soon.

I drank last night. My parents were the trigger. They always are. I hate myself today. It’s my birthday on Sunday and I’m desperate not to drink but also terrified that I will. I’ve been looking on line for self hypnosis to stop drinking. That’s how desperate I feel at the moment. I’m so low today.

T xx

AmyJean

Post by AmyJean »

Hi Tadpole and everyone. Why oh why do we punish ourselves so much? I drank yesterday too and am feeling v lethargic. I have a lot to do and I'm just sitting on the sofa with yet another coffee and watching daytime TV. I get nothing done when I feel like this. But I know what I need to do to get more energy - stop drinking. I spent most of last week with my mother - I don't drink when i'm with her - she thinks I don't drink any more. So as soon as i got back to my own flat, I bought alcohol So i must get out of that habit because I'll be up and down to mum's house a lot. On Friday I turned down a coffee and chat with a good friend because I wanted to be on my own to drink. I felt guilty/lazy for choosing alcohol over a friend. And I wanted to go out to the theatre but again, chose alcohol over that.
So, today is a new day and although I feel tired and low, I will not drink. I'm going to my mum's this afternoon and will feel back to normal tomorrow and will hopefully get on with clearing out etc. I've left my job, have plenty money in the bank, so I should feel good but............I will never feel good if I drink. So, let's do this together!
And I said to my body softly 'I want to be your friend'. It took a long sigh and said 'I've waited my whole life for this'

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Thank you Amy. I’m with you today. I just don’t know how I’m going to change my mind set. I can’t seem to get beyond 5 days. I so with I didn’t have to work today xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Evening all.

I actually had to leave work early today as I felt so utterly exhausted. I never, ever bunk off. I came home and slept for an hour. I’m feeling better and off to collect the husband soon. Oh god I never, ever want to feel like this again. I’m on an early shift tomorrow so I hope I can sleep well tonight. It usually takes a good three days to recover. How’s everyone else?

T xx

AmyJean

Post by AmyJean »

Hi Tadpole - hope you have a good night's sleep. I feel a bit better than I did this morning. I didn't feel hungover as such - just tired and fed up. My friend phoned from Paris - she could tell I was a bit discombobulated. My old mum made me macaroni cheese for supper. I'm away off to bed now. Night night all. :\:
And I said to my body softly 'I want to be your friend'. It took a long sigh and said 'I've waited my whole life for this'

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Me too Amy.

It’s raining here and I’m looking forward to lying in bed, listening to the rain and my current sober book.

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Hey tad how did you sleep?
This oppressive weather is not helping either is it.
Love macaroni cheese made by my mum any but she makes it’s with so much cheese it must literally be a plate of heart failure.
Struggling to find any get up and go this morning, guessing it’s a mixture of not and the weather making me feel like a slug. Meant to be working but I’m still in bath so I better get my arse into gear.

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

hello ppl who remember me !
downward spiral has continued. but bn back in touch with services & hopefully after a while i can go to rehab.
too much has happened to type here on phone.but hope everyones in a better place & ill try to keep looking on here <:)>
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi all.

Chris. Please let us know how you’ve been getting on. Great you’re back in touch with services again. You know what you need to do to get to that rehab!

Hectic day at work. Finished late so I’ve kind of made up for yesterday. I think I have no chance with the promotion. It appears that two people have been larked as having it in the bag. One of them has just fathered a child to one of the big bosses so that’s him sorted. Oh well. I’ll go for the interview experience if I get offered one.

Hope it’s a good day for everyone. I’ve got spin ball tonight. Not looking forward to it but looking forward to the feeling after.

T xx

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

It's good to see you, Drew ;)? I'm sorry if things haven't been going well but, like Tad, I'm glad you're in touch with services and I hope the rehab happens soon. Keep working at it, and definitely keep posting ;)? <:)>
"There is no 'us' and 'them'; it's an illusion. We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibilty to support one another." Roger Waters

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

- ditto - from me too Drew <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

Rebecca
Last Drink Date: 24 May 2020

Post by Rebecca »

Hi from me too, chriscole, sorry to hear about how rough things have been. I hope you get into rehab and in a better path soon. <:)>
Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Look at all that love Chris!!!! (::)

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Hi chriscole. Never ‘met’ you but read some of Your posts when I first joined here and would literally spend hours reading through the threads as I was so relieved to find somewhere like this. Hope you get what you need.
Tad that’s crazy. A favourite for the job is sh*gging the big boss if I may put it so boldly 😂
Any handsome senior mangers you could flirt with?

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Sleepy, :lol2:

Sadly no. :roll:

I had a close shave today. I met my mum after work. It was so nice to get out of uniform and wear something nice. She asked if we were going to the pub but we went for coffee. Then met the husband briefly and HE also asked if I wanted to go and eat somewhere ‘we will have one glass of wine’. I managed to refuse as I just know what will happen. It wasn’t easy and it’s not the first time I’ve been relieved to be strong enough to refuse. So keeping things in perspective.

I just smashed spin ball and I’m going for a sauna now.

So very relieved!

T xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hey Tads good for you swerving like a good 'un!

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning mr stoat. Thanks. It’s keeping that momentum though. So today I got up early and am just back from lovely doggie walk. I’ve got gym soon and I’m cycling to work today. These things really help. I’ve got 4 days off from Sunday. Finishing work st midnight on Saturday and heading to southwold and aldeburgh EARLY on Sunday. I can’t wait. They are my favourite places to visit. Day 3 for the zillionth time and I’m starting to feel normal. Hurrah!

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

T xx