Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
AmyJean

Re: Regrouping

Post by AmyJean »

Hi Tadpole - hope you have a good night's sleep. I feel a bit better than I did this morning. I didn't feel hungover as such - just tired and fed up. My friend phoned from Paris - she could tell I was a bit discombobulated. My old mum made me macaroni cheese for supper. I'm away off to bed now. Night night all. :\:
And I said to my body softly 'I want to be your friend'. It took a long sigh and said 'I've waited my whole life for this'

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Me too Amy.

It’s raining here and I’m looking forward to lying in bed, listening to the rain and my current sober book.

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Hey tad how did you sleep?
This oppressive weather is not helping either is it.
Love macaroni cheese made by my mum any but she makes it’s with so much cheese it must literally be a plate of heart failure.
Struggling to find any get up and go this morning, guessing it’s a mixture of not and the weather making me feel like a slug. Meant to be working but I’m still in bath so I better get my arse into gear.

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

hello ppl who remember me !
downward spiral has continued. but bn back in touch with services & hopefully after a while i can go to rehab.
too much has happened to type here on phone.but hope everyones in a better place & ill try to keep looking on here <:)>
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi all.

Chris. Please let us know how you’ve been getting on. Great you’re back in touch with services again. You know what you need to do to get to that rehab!

Hectic day at work. Finished late so I’ve kind of made up for yesterday. I think I have no chance with the promotion. It appears that two people have been larked as having it in the bag. One of them has just fathered a child to one of the big bosses so that’s him sorted. Oh well. I’ll go for the interview experience if I get offered one.

Hope it’s a good day for everyone. I’ve got spin ball tonight. Not looking forward to it but looking forward to the feeling after.

T xx

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

It's good to see you, Drew ;)? I'm sorry if things haven't been going well but, like Tad, I'm glad you're in touch with services and I hope the rehab happens soon. Keep working at it, and definitely keep posting ;)? <:)>
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

- ditto - from me too Drew <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

Rebecca
Last Drink Date: 24 May 2020

Post by Rebecca »

Hi from me too, chriscole, sorry to hear about how rough things have been. I hope you get into rehab and in a better path soon. <:)>
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing.
Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Look at all that love Chris!!!! (::)

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Hi chriscole. Never ‘met’ you but read some of Your posts when I first joined here and would literally spend hours reading through the threads as I was so relieved to find somewhere like this. Hope you get what you need.
Tad that’s crazy. A favourite for the job is sh*gging the big boss if I may put it so boldly 😂
Any handsome senior mangers you could flirt with?

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Sleepy, :lol2:

Sadly no. :roll:

I had a close shave today. I met my mum after work. It was so nice to get out of uniform and wear something nice. She asked if we were going to the pub but we went for coffee. Then met the husband briefly and HE also asked if I wanted to go and eat somewhere ‘we will have one glass of wine’. I managed to refuse as I just know what will happen. It wasn’t easy and it’s not the first time I’ve been relieved to be strong enough to refuse. So keeping things in perspective.

I just smashed spin ball and I’m going for a sauna now.

So very relieved!

T xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hey Tads good for you swerving like a good 'un!

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning mr stoat. Thanks. It’s keeping that momentum though. So today I got up early and am just back from lovely doggie walk. I’ve got gym soon and I’m cycling to work today. These things really help. I’ve got 4 days off from Sunday. Finishing work st midnight on Saturday and heading to southwold and aldeburgh EARLY on Sunday. I can’t wait. They are my favourite places to visit. Day 3 for the zillionth time and I’m starting to feel normal. Hurrah!

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

T xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hi all - is it me or is it spankingly gorgeous outside today? - although I fear for my tomatoes in the greenhouse

been a bit melancholy today due to a very pointed dream - essentially my subconsciousness telling me i'm a failure - what a great way to wake up!

still the weather is kind of compensating

love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Spankingly gorgeous weather indeed mr stoat. Sadly I’m working a 15 hour shift today but holding out for southwold on sunday.

What’s everyone else up to?

Still sober ()o

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Evening, good going with the staying sober Tad.
Work today then went on a ‘health walk’ with three friends and a bunch of strangers. It ended up in pub but I was driving so no alcohol passed the lips.
Sat on pub garden til gone ten, love this weather!
Barely has time to post so I’ll catch up properly tomorrow. Planning on working at home (sitting in garden!)

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Night sleepy (::)

T xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Anyone there?

I’m home alone tonight and it’s absolutely glorious to just have some silent time. Absolutely no alcohol here. My usual thought pattern was home alone, bottle of wine but I didn’t actually fancy it. It was just the natural thought. It felt nice to think that I don’t actually want it.

I’m in bed now. Still listening to alcohol explained in Audible. It’s really good. Looking forward to an early gym session tomorrow. Working from 4-midnight and then southwold and aldeburgh on Sunday. I CANT WAIT!!!!

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

I was dead to the world when you posted tad.
Love being alone though it rarely happens.
I’m going to my mums today. My 17 year old son has decided he wants to come (normally just me and my 11 year old go and it’s quite chilled and peaceful). He can be a bit cocky and mouthy and if he’s on one my mum struggles with him and I know she loves it when it’s just me and my daughter. So I haven’t told my mum he’s coming as it’ll stress her but it’s stressing me knowing she’ll get stressed when we arrive! But he is my son and I can’t exactly say nan doesn’t want you to come can I? Which my mum seems to not understand. She’s already paid for a holiday to the new forest for me her and my daughter and doesn’t want my son to come to that! He prob won’t want to come to be fair but I’ve not even mentioned it yet!
My mum is a lovely woman btw and my son is hard work at times and I admit been a drinking trigger at times and I need time out from him a lot! BUT he’s my son!
Blinking families 🙄

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning groupies. Was wondering if you’re ok Bizzy?
At mums, son has been ok so far so no dramas. I bought some of that nosecco to have in garden last night, it was actually ok, and I don’t even like Prosecco. I think I preferred it.
Tad you there, you alright? Did you make southwold? Bet it was heaving?