Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Sleepyb

Re: Regrouping

Post by Sleepyb »

Hellooooo, anyone there?
Friday here at long last, out tonight so jury’s out on whether I’ll drink. Obviously I’d like to not. Think I’m in a precarious position as the last couple of times I’ve drunk I’ve managed to quite successfully not let it drag on for days afterwards which, whilst is progress in itself, means I’m starting to get into the old ‘see I’m not an alcoholic’ mindset which is both untrue and a dangerous way of thinking. I know my aim really is still to be long term AF.
Anyway, I am looking forward to tonight nevertheless, going to v posh hotel in London.
Hope all are ok xxxx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning sleepy. Enjoy yourself whatever happens! I know what you mean about thinking it’s ok if we just have a couple or it doesn’t turn into a nightmare. I shared a bottle of wine with my husband last night. It really wasn’t all that. I was at the gym and suddenly the cravings came from nowhere and wouldn’t F off. So I succumbed. I feel fine today, have just smashed body pump and don’t feel groggy at all. I also feel like I’ve kind of got ‘it’ out of my system now too. I won’t be drinking tonight or over the weekend. No chance to anyway.

Right. Busy day planned. Groan.

T xx

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

Sleepyb wrote:
27 Sep 2019 08:47
Hellooooo, anyone there?
Friday here at long last, out tonight so jury’s out on whether I’ll drink. Obviously I’d like to not. Think I’m in a precarious position as the last couple of times I’ve drunk I’ve managed to quite successfully not let it drag on for days afterwards which, whilst is progress in itself, means I’m starting to get into the old ‘see I’m not an alcoholic’ mindset which is both untrue and a dangerous way of thinking. I know my aim really is still to be long term AF.
Anyway, I am looking forward to tonight nevertheless, going to v posh hotel in London.
Hope all are ok xxxx
Hoping last night went well for you Sleepyb. Missed you on the 2-4 weeks thread :(
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Evening all.

Mighty quiet here again.

How’s everyone? I’ve managed to Jim straight back into the sober saddle after my shared bottle of wine.

Maybe I should jump over to the sober threads with you mackintosh?

T xx

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

nice to see you tad.
cant see much on my phone but hope all are well.
my application for funding for rehab was yesterday, i will get the yes or no by tue or wed.
hope i do,i need it. i have noone to talk to anymore, my old best mate cant be bothered, my ex wife has gone cold, im just alone.
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

Don't be alone chriscole....I hope there is always someone here to listen...I certainly hope so....I'm here...it's tough when you feel isolated we all need to help each other <:)>

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Ahhh Mackintosh so glad you found us over here.I tend to post here mainly but sometimes go on the sobriety challenges to try and refocus. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t!
I did drink Friday night. I was at the Waldorf in London and it was all paid for so I suppose I thought I should make the most of it 🙄. Anyway back to being sober now. It was a bit of an escape from being mum of three, working full time, housework etc etc. I’m not excusing myself but it’s just so easy to justify it isn’t it.
Chris, keep posting xx

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

chriscole wrote:
29 Sep 2019 00:38
my application for funding for rehab was yesterday, i will get the yes or no by tue or wed.
Keeping everything crossed for you Drew <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Post by BizzyBee »

Morning everyone
Nice to have more peeps posting on here too.
I hope you're application gets approved chriscole Will keep 🤞🤞 for you.
How's everyone weekends been?
I drank Friday night and last night 😣 Not stupid amounts but enough for me to feel a bit eugh in the mornings.
Need to make sure I don't give in to cravings later as I know they'll be there.
Going to make a plan to keep busy
X

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

hi all - bit weird posting on a sunday for me but had to transfer some cash about so sprked up the old laptop - i also drank fri/sat but again not too bad - i used to do 8-9 pints now i don;t want to drink past four - cant believe i used to do nine! i must have been smashed

anyway nice to see some new (for here) faces - good luck with the funding chris - we're all here for you

love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning all!!

Chris you know we are always here.

Morning everyone else. I’ve been galloping along the sober trail but can feel a Sunday afternoon release coming on. I’m pained just thinking about it already!

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning all. Well it’s been a weekend of drinking for me 🙄. I feel like complete crap. My son is angry with me. I’m going to try and go for a swim today in the hope it’ll freshen me up. I’m such a bloody idiot (w)

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Swimming's good sleepy - there's something almost meditative about it for me - especially if the pools not too crowded and you get a bit of space to yourself - I need to go swimming!

love to all

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

thanks for the support.
i got the funding \:)/
hopefully going on the 28th oct.
need to sort this.
is banana still around?
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan »

LB hasn't been around for ages. I wonder how he's doing - has anyone heard?

Really pleased to hear your news chriscole. Keep yourself in good order until the 28th. This can be your turning point ;)?
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2020 Challenge

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Good news Chriscole. Try and keep posting til then x

Bluebottle
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Bluebottle »

chriscole wrote:
30 Sep 2019 21:11
thanks for the support.
need to sort this.
is banana still around?
Well done Chris, really hope it works out for you. ;)?

Had a weekend of drinking too, Fri started fine, a glass of wine with dinner but before I knew it Jim was pouring me a Morgan's and coke, needless to say I didn't refuse, sober sat but 3/4 bottle of wine sun, wasn't hungover today but slept late. Frightened to sign up for stoptober in case I fail. :mrgreen:

Dinny beat yourself up sleepy, nothing can change the past. <:)> Hope you enjoyed your swim, I've been pretty lazy recently, got a lot on my mind, need to get my act together. <:)>

Ruby xx
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)
307/59 days - 2019/2020

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Post by BizzyBee »

Morning folks
That's fab news chris \:)/ Really pleased for you
Sleepy, I hope you're feeling better. And like Ruby days, you can't change the past, focus on the future <:)>
How's everyone else doing?
I just about manager to swerve a drink on Sunday. Was very close to giving in though! Got a busy week so shouldn't be too hard to stay sober. Got an evening wedding doo on Saturday though so doubting I'll manage that 🙄 Think I'm going to be realistic for the moment and say I'm going to try and stay sober 6/7 days a week. I've got something on most weekends that will involve drinking and not sure I want to battle with myself then feel like crap when I fail. Maybe if I do the 6 out of 7 for a few weeks I'll be able to move forward to 7/7. We'll see!
Have a good Tuesday everyone
Xx

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

:\: morning all. Great news chris :) I'm looking forward to starting some councelling on the 7th. Sleepyb swimming is excellent got the bug again whilst I was away last week and have now joined a gym with a swim only membership , went yesterday and going again today :)
Enjoy you day guys!

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

chriscole wrote:
30 Sep 2019 21:11
need to sort this.
is banana still around?
So pleased to read that Drew ;)?

I too hope Loose Banana is doing ok. If you're looking in LB, please get in touch <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.