Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Cowboy

Re: Regrouping

Post by Cowboy »

Hope you are feeling better soon Tarzan.

Still regrouping here folks. Not quite where I want to be but making my way back.

Have a great AF day.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi all.

I’ve been away for a couple of days as I’ve been doing really well and just been so busy catching up on myself. It’s been lovely really. Nice to see some old faces here. I feel like I’m needing to move on but not sure where to go from here. Bit like my career really!

Anyway, I’m at work. Meant to be here u til midnight but I’ve done FA so far and I’m struggling to stay awake.

T xx

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

hi tad. still workin hard hey?
i hope i can get back into work later on.
managed to walk the long walk to spoons today,but cudnt stomach a beer, ended up having half a bottle then puking twice, back home with a 6 pack from aldi.

not looking forward to 2mrws vomit session.

hows everyones sat night?
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Tad you don’t mean you’re leaving groupies do you 😳😳

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Sorry but I do have to let my fellow groupies now that I got a Glastonbury ticket! I’m so excited, I’m telling everyone.
Obv I’m already thinking this will be an impossible thing to do sober but for now I’m not letting that thought ruin my excitement.
I know it’s a bit sad to be so happy but it’s been on my bucket list and I’ve had many years, on and off, trying to bag a ticket x

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Yay for you sleepy!!!!!! What a result. I’m not a fan but can imagine you must be stoked.

Still plodding on at work here....I don’t get paid for this bloody overtime!!!

T xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Glasto's an age away Sleepy - you can be good till then and then decide - no need to sweat about it now - just focus on the here and now

Hope your weekend got better CC sounds grim - fingers crossed for the detox though

I'm a bit jaded this morning annoyingly - it got away from me last night a bit - I'll do all the usual restoratives to try to function and get through the day - we all know what they are

you keep on trundling Cowboy you're going the right way?

love to all

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Thanks for letting me lick my wounds here for a spell. Enough regrouping for me. Time to get on with it. Time for the reality that I cannot drink sensibly to kick in. I don't know why I am so stubborn. I have a problem and it needs to be fixed. Take care all.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Cowboy, obviously come and see us in here anytime!
How is everyone else? You feeling better Mr T?
Tad are you there? Your comment about moving on has scared me that you’re leaving us!!!!
Bizzy? I keep thinking about Essay, if you’re looking in my friend please say hello xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hi all,

adios cowboy! I'll follow your postings back on the road thread!

I'm feeling well nauseous - had vertigo last night - awful room spinning - and it leaves me feeling nauseous for the day afterwards - sometimes more - urgh

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Groooouuupppiiieeesss!! It was so busy on here and now it’s quitened down.
Mr T you feeling better this morning?

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hey Sleepy - I was feeling better till I rolled over after turning the alarm off and off we went again so still a bit nauseous. there are moves you can do to stop the vertigo apparently - i'll have to look them up.
AF last night as well - I usually like to feel a bit better than this when I've done the AF -bugger!
It is funny when loads of people suddenly post here and then disappear - but we all read threads without commenting so nothing strange really I suppose
I still love us all and am just happy to be here - slowly making steps, slowly getting a grip, slowly watching the lost days get less and less
it's all good!
Love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning all.

Life just seems so hectic right now that it’s sometimes hard to post. I’m sober 8 days now. I’ve had three drinking nights in the last month!!! I feel amazing ans the cravings are so much less and easier to deal with.

Anyway, off to pump before work today. The gym is keeping me more than sane but I’ve got to watch it as it’s become a new addiction.

Tarzan hope you feel better. Sleepy, I’ll hang around. Don’t want to become complacent with the new found me!!!

T xx

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Wow Tadpole. Your post is so positive and it looks like you are in a good place. Addiction to the gym sounds like a good thing.

Hope all groupies have a great AF day.

chriscole

Post by chriscole »

have you tried l glutamine tad?
a guy on the recovery elevator podcast swears by taking the powered form and putting some under his tongue if a craving hit

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Yeah, go Tad \:)/ (::)

I hope you feel better by the end of the day, Tarzan ;)?

I know this is belated, but well done for gettimg a Glasto ticket, Sleepy! :D

That's an interesting suggestion, thanks Drew ;)?

<:)> to all.
"There is no 'us' and 'them'; it's an illusion. We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibilty to support one another." Roger Waters

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan »

Chriscole, I looked up the rehab place you mentioned. It looks like they run a solid evidence-based programme ;)?

Do you know yet how long you'll be there?
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2020 Challenge

chriscole

Post by chriscole »

3 months and more hopefully

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan »

That's good - a clean break, and a solid foundation ;)?
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2020 Challenge

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Thank you jjjj, so excited. My mission now is to somehow get a camper van by June. I’m feeling like I’m too old to do the proper camping. I love camping but in a nice genteel campsite with my massive tent and my little luxuries.
Tad gym addiction is fine addiction to have surely?
I might buy some of the glutamine though I must say I don’t seem to get cravings so much recently on a normal day to day basis (I hope I’m not speaking too soon), it’s the drinking when I’m out I’m needing to try and focus on right now. I think if I could master that it would be such a massive step for me but I’m still finding it hard and like I’ve said previously, I really don’t want to hide away forever so I’m not faced with drinking situations as they are, unfortunately, a fact of life.