Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Mark.

Re: Regrouping

Post by Mark. »

Sleepyb wrote:
10 Oct 2019 08:39
Thank you jjjj, so excited. My mission now is to somehow get a camper van by June. I’m feeling like I’m too old to do the proper camping. I love camping but in a nice genteel campsite with my massive tent and my little luxuries.
Sounds fab, Sleepy! :D I saw this the morning, and Paul McCartney's apparently thinking about it doing it too ;)?

Drew, that rehab sounds great - very best wishes for when you start it, and do keep us up to date as to how it's going ;)?
"There is no 'us' and 'them'; it's an illusion. We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibilty to support one another." Roger Waters

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

morning all - hope everyone well just checking in and reading the goss

love to all

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

hello, check in time.
been sick 3 times today, horrible, barely managing to drink anything or eat.

good news though, my rehab might start next week as a bed is available now !!

cant come soon enough, had about 7 detoxes but never a rehab, so hope this works. may even opt to stay longer/relocate get help with onward housing etc..

much like banana did
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Evening all.

Any news cc? Seriously, grab this. I believe they’re not easy to access so please take full advantage.

So it will be 11 days sober for me tomorrow. This is sort of becoming my norm. I’ve been hit with a much needed 4 day break from work next week but already I’m terrified of messing everything up. But I’m working all weekend and then have 3 nights to contend with. Huge cravings today after spending minutes with my father. His I’ll ess is getting worse but he knows what he is doing and the nasty part of his personality is coming out. It triggers off all sorts of uncomfortable memories, feelings and emotions and then I get angry with my mum. I very nearly caved in town and then on the way home. But the thought of missing the gym tomorrow put me right off. I’m giving myself a day off from it on Sunday, but I’ll also have to have contact with my father that day.

So, it’s pouring with rain here. I love it and I wish I was out in it!! I’ve got the start of a cold so need to fight that.

Any exciting plans for the weekend anyone?

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning tad. I had a drink last night 🙄 my friend and I were meant to be going to the cinema and I got there first and the film we planned to see isn’t actually showing anymore so we decided to relocate to a pub within walking distance to both our houses. Bad idea.
Had a good night though and a lovely Indian but obviously feeling like crap today. I’m not feeling too discouraged but this is my danger zone now as I’ve often thought oh have a glass of wine it’ll take the edge off how rubbish you feel so I need to be strong and just power in through the hangover.
Raining here too. Daughter has football in a couple of hours then it’s just housework to look forward too.
Like you tad the thought of being too drunk/hungover to make the gym is becoming a big incentive not to drink so I’m hanging in to that for now xxx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Just don’t drink today sleepy! That’s my problem. That way it carries on.

If I’m honest I’ve forgotten just how awful I felt last time and I’m fancying a drink a bit more than last week. No opportunity atm though so I’m holding off and taking full advantage.

Hopes everyone’s having a pleasant weekend???

T xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

morning all - it is amazing how quickly you forget how crap you feel

I drank more than I wanted to this weekend - but not as much as I wanted to!

It's the worst of both worlds, you feel fed up for letting yourself down - but while you're doing it you feel pissed off that you can't go ballistic so it's no fun anyway - and you still do it!

good news on the rehab CC fingers crossed for an early start - let us know

love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning all.

I caved last night Tarzan. Not as much as I wanted. I drank a bottle of wine and so wanted more but didn’t give in and went to bed. Feeling a bit tired today, which is actually good as I’m back on the dreaded nights tonight so I’ll be off to bed this afternoon.

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Drank this weekend. I seem to be in a v negative mindset at the moment and struggling to shift it.
I know I can stay away from the booze when I put my mind to it but just seem to be lacking my recent motivation at the moment 🙄🙄

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Ok sleepy.

So we are all on the same page, you, me and Tarzan. I managed 11 days until last Saturday when I had literally a single large red after work. After seeing my parents yesterday afternoon I sank a bottle of white. But it’s atill progress, huge progress. I can see your progression too. Try to be really strict today/tonight to get back on track and then seize it. The first day/night really can be the hardest can’t it?

My first night shift of three is looming. Oh the dread. I couldn’t sleep this afternoon and I’ve missed the gym. Double blow. On the flip side, I’m firmly back on track and I’m seeing one bottle and one large glass isn’t so bad in the grand scheme.

T xx

chriscole

Post by chriscole »

are you guys keeping drink diaries? keeping tabs on units?

im going in on wed morning !!

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Thanks tad <:)>
I’ve managed to stay away from the drink tonight so hopefully will get a decent sleep and wake up feeling a bit more positive. Missed spin tonight though as I’m feeling too tired and despondent to leave the house.
No I don’t keep a drink diary CC. I’m not sure I want to know how many units I put away when I’m at my worst.
Good luck for Wednesday. Will you still be able to post in here whilst you there?

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

good luck for tomorrow CC we're thinking of you
I do keep a drink diary of units so I can see the trends
feeling terrible today - think it's a hangover with vertigo - think i'm gonna have to go home and go to bed

chriscole

Post by chriscole »

cheers guys. not allowed phone for 2 weeks. not sure then after.
im packing up stuff now, i went and printed a photo of me and my girls to put in my room.

im more anxious about my turn to cook more than anything! and i love to cook! .

not planning to drink in the morning,so will be relying on the doctor to give me the librium when i arrive.
im currently on approx 20 units a day.

hope u feel better tarzan

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Best of luck Chris. We will all be thinking of you. Didn’t think you’d be allowed your phone for a while, try to remember to let us know how you’re doing when the two weeks are over. All the best.

T xx <:)>

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Very brave chriscole. Very brave. Cheering on from the sidelines mate. Cowboy.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan »

It's a really good move Drew ;)?

I hope it all goes well for you - everyone here on BE will be rooting for you :)
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2020 Challenge

Luna_
Last Drink Date: 18 Apr 2019

Post by Luna_ »

ChrisCole

Lots of support and best wishes from me too <:)>
(you know me by another name... still blue).
I still have Faith, but right now I'm reaching for the moon.

chriscole

Post by chriscole »

thanks guys,i will keep you posted x

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

All the best Drew <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.