Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Sleepyb

Re: Regrouping

Post by Sleepyb »

I was thinking yeah we could meet for a drink then I realised what I was saying 😂
Is that through your husbands work Bizzy? I can’t even think about how Glastonbury will be drinking wise 🙄 I suppose all I can do is see where I am with being AF when the time comes x
How is everyone else, Tad, doggo update? Xxx

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Post by BizzyBee »

Yes, it's through my OH's work I get a freebie. Very lucky really!
And yes, I'm not thinking about the drinking aspect. I'll have my son with me so I wouldn't get messy. I did drink last year but not to excess. I've got a couple of friends who always go and they've been AF for years. I hung out with one of them a bit last year and that helped.
Like you say, will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Have a good day guys
X

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Hey everyone.
How are you all doing? It's been quiet on here over the weekend!
I caved in on Friday and Saturday. Not to excess but still 🙄
Managed an AF day yesterday and today.
In bed already now!!
Will check in again tomorrow.
Hope you're all ok??
X

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hey bizzy.

Yes it is isn’t it? Life just seems so continually hectic here!!! I also caved slightly on Saturday night but again, nithjng too bad and I got straight back onto the sober wagon. Two days off starting tomorrow. I can’t wait! I need to post more here. It’s been such a friend a life saviour to me I feel a little sad when it goes quiet. Hope you sleep well xx

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Yes, it's really helped me through by paying on here before too.
It's a busy time of year at the moment though. Busy and scarey for anyone trying not to drink!!!!

I've got a busy day at work to keep my brain occupied, then booked in at the gym straight after for Legs bums n tums. Hopefully I won't go via the shop on my way home to get wine 🤞🤞

Have a good day folks x

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Hi all. Well I’ve had the weekend from hell. Went out with my oldest friend and these two men were buying us drinks. I literally blacked out, I can’t remember anything past a certain point. Then my friend tells me yesterday that one of them was telling her he deals in shipping illegal ‘pharmaceuticals’ into the country 🙄🙄🙄
Ffs I’m 44 why am I putting myself in these situations??? Feeling so disgusted with myself and I ended up drinking yesterday as I felt so awful xxx

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Sleepyb wrote:
10 Dec 2019 12:32
Hi all. Well I’ve had the weekend from hell. Went out with my oldest friend and these two men were buying us drinks. I literally blacked out, I can’t remember anything past a certain point. Then my friend tells me yesterday that one of them was telling her he deals in shipping illegal ‘pharmaceuticals’ into the country 🙄🙄🙄
Ffs I’m 44 why am I putting myself in these situations??? Feeling so disgusted with myself and I ended up drinking yesterday as I felt so awful xxx
Sending you big <:)> 's Sleepy.
We keep putting ourselves in the clutches of alcohol because it's an addictive beast who's claws have a habit of coming back even when we've cut them off!!
I always do the drinking the day after too. Hair of the dog is the only way to get rid of the awful hang!!
A new day today though. Stick with it and us
Xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hi all - checking in keeping in touch - not that there's much to touch it's all pretty quiet and serene in Tarzan land

sorry to hear of the black out sleepy - but I am noticing there seems to be much more control being shown than in earlier posts- minor slips and then straight back on it - gotta be a good thing

love to all

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Thanks Mr T and Bizzy <:)>
Still feeling sorry for myself but yes, I have been managing my drinking slightly more successfully which is why I feel so angry at myself because of the weekend.
Anyway what’s done is done so onwards and upwards xxx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Sleepy, please (obviously) take care, and please stick with us xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

so I was having a dream in which I had become entirely depressed and was stuck under a duvet on a street corner when I woke up - unsurprisingly I felt a bit flat! Seem to have shaken it off pretty much now though which is a relief.

Think it was because I've been reading Matt Haig - reasons to be alive. It's about depression and anxiety of which I've had both but mainly depression - it's an easy read and there's always some helpful nuggets in any book I think so always worth a peek

anyway onwards and upwards everyone!

love to all

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Tadpole wrote:
10 Dec 2019 22:46
Sleepy, please (obviously) take care, and please stick with us xx
Tad <:)>
I will do.

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

And Mr T! Yes that’s my mantra this week, onwards and upwards! Xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi sleepy. How you doing. Yes, a great mantra from our Tarzan!

I’m at home. Day off yesterday and today. I did my grade 4 cello exam today. It wasn’t great, but not a total disaster, not totally :roll:

So home now. It’s been a busy day. Doggie had to have a blood test which was traumatic for him and my husband. Then I went to see my parents. Gym tonight. I feel
Like I’m making myself go but I feel the need to. I think I’ll be tempted to drink if I don’t. Everyone seems
To be where I live. I live in town so it’s kind of everywhere really.

Anyway, I’m procrastinating!

T xx

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Evening guys,

That dream doesn't sound very nice Tarzan! It probably is from the book you're reading.
Tad, your day did sound busy. How was the gym? I did an LBT class yesterday and the back of my thighs are killing me today!!
How are you doing Sleepy?

I gave in earlier and had a glass of wine 🙄 No real reason otherb than I wanted it and my will power against myself is crap!!
Need to get a bit more motivated to stick to a plan.
Hopefully onwards and upwards like you guys tomorrow x

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hey bizzy. I love the ache after a class!

Sounds like you managed to stop after one glass? I simply couldn’t do that.

I managed to swerve any alcohol today but it was really difficult. I did body combat tonight. So glad I opted for the gym as I’d have had at least a bottle, but very much probably more!

Xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hope everybody is voting today - I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote, it's so important

love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

I am indeed Tarzan. I’m taking a strategical vote.

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

so that was an interesting night - I suspect we're not allowed to do politics on the forum as it gets so divisive - but just to say if your celebrating or drowning your sorrows do it with something AF - that way we all win!

love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Neither here tarzan. I did vote yesterday though.

Happy Friday everyone. How’s it going? Bloody Xmas!!!! Xx