Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Re: Regrouping

Post by BizzyBee » 05 Dec 2019 07:33

Winkler wrote:
05 Dec 2019 06:46
BizzyBee wrote:
04 Dec 2019 23:04
I've been sober before for months and I know how good it feels and how much better off I am. Mentally, physically, financially!! Why doesn't that just stick in our heads so it just it happens naturally?!
I know, Bizzy, just to quit once and never go back - problem solved! Wouldn’t that be great?

I think once we’ve been through that cycle a few (no, actually, many, many!) times, it does become more of a natural behaviour and eventually we will maintain it.

You can do it, for sure! I don’t know why on one try it will stick and change is maintained, but I know it will, gotta keep trying :)

Scarlet, big hugs <:)>
Grief is awful, why do we have to go through it?

I really hope it's this time that sticks. It's exhausting me going round in circles

Thanks for your encouragement Winkler.
I feel good that I posted last night. I've been thinking about it for a while but convincing myself not to as I've failed at staying sober...... Again!!
I know you guys are here to help though so I'll try to keep posting to help me move forward

X

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan » 05 Dec 2019 08:40

hey Bizzy - lovely to hear from you even though the circumstances are sad.

we're with you so stay strong - sending you our love

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 05 Dec 2019 21:17

Oh Bizzy. Don’t know what to say but <:)>
I was soooooo bad with my drinking after my dad died. I mean I’m still not great but I was f*cking awful. In fact I was pretty horrendous when he was ill. I would take Diet Coke with vodka in it to the care home to get me through the visit.
We’ve all got similar horror stories but we all know it just doesn’t help anything long term but you know this.
So good that you’re back here and try not to disappear. This place isn’t just for people who aren’t drinking, if you’re drinking and struggling, it’s exactly where you should be xxx

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 05 Dec 2019 22:03

Sleepyb wrote:
05 Dec 2019 21:17
Oh Bizzy. Don’t know what to say but <:)>
I was soooooo bad with my drinking after my dad died. I mean I’m still not great but I was f*cking awful. In fact I was pretty horrendous when he was ill. I would take Diet Coke with vodka in it to the care home to get me through the visit.
We’ve all got similar horror stories but we all know it just doesn’t help anything long term but you know this.
So good that you’re back here and try not to disappear. This place isn’t just for people who aren’t drinking, if you’re drinking and struggling, it’s exactly where you should be xxx
Thanks Sleepy <:)>

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 05 Dec 2019 22:06

Well I've got through today ok.
No alcohol has passed my lips which is great although I'm not getting too excited as I have managed the odd few days AF here and there over the last couple of months.
My mood is up and down but that's too be redirected, I know.
Going away for the weekend tomorrow. There'll probably be a few tests while I'm away but I'll tackle them if/when they come.

Thank you all for your support and kind words <:)>
It means a lot.

How are you all doing?
Xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 05 Dec 2019 22:14

I’m making small improvements Bizzy though not completely AF, which still remains my aim. I have had a drink the last couple of weekends but have managed to contain it to the weekends only and not continue to binge, which was my habit.
Not sure what the festive season is going to bring but like you will face it when it crops up.
In other news, I got a Glastonbury ticket 😍😍😍

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 05 Dec 2019 22:26

Sleepyb wrote:
05 Dec 2019 22:14
I’m making small improvements Bizzy though not completely AF, which still remains my aim. I have had a drink the last couple of weekends but have managed to contain it to the weekends only and not continue to binge, which was my habit.
Not sure what the festive season is going to bring but like you will face it when it crops up.
In other news, I got a Glastonbury ticket 😍😍😍
Oh wow!! That's fantastic 😍
I'll be there too 😃

That's really good that you're managing to stick to weekend drinking only. A big step in the right direction x

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 06 Dec 2019 08:56

I was thinking yeah we could meet for a drink then I realised what I was saying 😂
Is that through your husbands work Bizzy? I can’t even think about how Glastonbury will be drinking wise 🙄 I suppose all I can do is see where I am with being AF when the time comes x
How is everyone else, Tad, doggo update? Xxx

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 06 Dec 2019 11:13

Yes, it's through my OH's work I get a freebie. Very lucky really!
And yes, I'm not thinking about the drinking aspect. I'll have my son with me so I wouldn't get messy. I did drink last year but not to excess. I've got a couple of friends who always go and they've been AF for years. I hung out with one of them a bit last year and that helped.
Like you say, will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Have a good day guys
X

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 09 Dec 2019 21:53

Hey everyone.
How are you all doing? It's been quiet on here over the weekend!
I caved in on Friday and Saturday. Not to excess but still 🙄
Managed an AF day yesterday and today.
In bed already now!!
Will check in again tomorrow.
Hope you're all ok??
X

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole » 09 Dec 2019 21:55

Hey bizzy.

Yes it is isn’t it? Life just seems so continually hectic here!!! I also caved slightly on Saturday night but again, nithjng too bad and I got straight back onto the sober wagon. Two days off starting tomorrow. I can’t wait! I need to post more here. It’s been such a friend a life saviour to me I feel a little sad when it goes quiet. Hope you sleep well xx

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 10 Dec 2019 07:05

Yes, it's really helped me through by paying on here before too.
It's a busy time of year at the moment though. Busy and scarey for anyone trying not to drink!!!!

I've got a busy day at work to keep my brain occupied, then booked in at the gym straight after for Legs bums n tums. Hopefully I won't go via the shop on my way home to get wine 🤞🤞

Have a good day folks x

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 10 Dec 2019 12:32

Hi all. Well I’ve had the weekend from hell. Went out with my oldest friend and these two men were buying us drinks. I literally blacked out, I can’t remember anything past a certain point. Then my friend tells me yesterday that one of them was telling her he deals in shipping illegal ‘pharmaceuticals’ into the country 🙄🙄🙄
Ffs I’m 44 why am I putting myself in these situations??? Feeling so disgusted with myself and I ended up drinking yesterday as I felt so awful xxx

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 10 Dec 2019 15:06

Sleepyb wrote:
10 Dec 2019 12:32
Hi all. Well I’ve had the weekend from hell. Went out with my oldest friend and these two men were buying us drinks. I literally blacked out, I can’t remember anything past a certain point. Then my friend tells me yesterday that one of them was telling her he deals in shipping illegal ‘pharmaceuticals’ into the country 🙄🙄🙄
Ffs I’m 44 why am I putting myself in these situations??? Feeling so disgusted with myself and I ended up drinking yesterday as I felt so awful xxx
Sending you big <:)> 's Sleepy.
We keep putting ourselves in the clutches of alcohol because it's an addictive beast who's claws have a habit of coming back even when we've cut them off!!
I always do the drinking the day after too. Hair of the dog is the only way to get rid of the awful hang!!
A new day today though. Stick with it and us
Xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan » 10 Dec 2019 16:23

Hi all - checking in keeping in touch - not that there's much to touch it's all pretty quiet and serene in Tarzan land

sorry to hear of the black out sleepy - but I am noticing there seems to be much more control being shown than in earlier posts- minor slips and then straight back on it - gotta be a good thing

love to all

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 10 Dec 2019 20:02

Thanks Mr T and Bizzy <:)>
Still feeling sorry for myself but yes, I have been managing my drinking slightly more successfully which is why I feel so angry at myself because of the weekend.
Anyway what’s done is done so onwards and upwards xxx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole » 10 Dec 2019 22:46

Sleepy, please (obviously) take care, and please stick with us xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan » 11 Dec 2019 08:34

so I was having a dream in which I had become entirely depressed and was stuck under a duvet on a street corner when I woke up - unsurprisingly I felt a bit flat! Seem to have shaken it off pretty much now though which is a relief.

Think it was because I've been reading Matt Haig - reasons to be alive. It's about depression and anxiety of which I've had both but mainly depression - it's an easy read and there's always some helpful nuggets in any book I think so always worth a peek

anyway onwards and upwards everyone!

love to all

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 11 Dec 2019 14:51

Tadpole wrote:
10 Dec 2019 22:46
Sleepy, please (obviously) take care, and please stick with us xx
Tad <:)>
I will do.

Sleepyb