Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Sleepyb

Re: Regrouping

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning all. Hi Bizzy and Mr T
Good job on the desert Bizzy though you should’ve made it a really fattening and unhealthy one. I have been eating so much shite and though I’m still running and walking dogs, I’m not doing as much as normal as weather and dark night are just crap and STILL feeling a bit run down post Covid so I think I’m putting on bloody weight. First world problem I know, but I’m missing the gym lots.
Started a new job this week, it’s part time at the mo and seems ok so far, just doing e-learning at the mo which is boring but necessary.
Mr T you are an inspiration x

debsuyar
Last Drink Date: 30 Apr 2016
First Sober Date: 03 Dec 2018

Post by debsuyar »

:\: Hi all.
Sorry I’ve been off radar, the usual!
Sleepy, you doing so well, 8 weeks is fantastic.
Bizzy glad you have managed those 2 days...it is a start!
Tarzan, you are nailing it. Think it all started with reading that book! Think I need to try that again.
Still hating my job, but I’m marginally better at it.
Will try to check in more often!
Just getting ready now to go in x
Love to all <:)>
Ruin is the road to transformation....

debsuyar

Post by debsuyar »

Am I here alone ? X

debsuyar

Post by debsuyar »

Anyone there? Xxx

debsuyar

Post by debsuyar »

I’ll keep posting until someone pops in!! 🤓

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

I’m here deb!
I hope everyone is ok and are quiet because they are busy with life and doing ok.
I’m just trundling along, still abstinent. Kind of getting used to lockdown now, it’ll be a culture shock I think when life goes back to ‘normal’

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2021
First Sober Date: 27 Feb 2021

Post by BizzyBee »

Hey guys,
Sorry I've not been on. I don't know where time goes!!
How is everyone?
I'm still drinking most days. Tonight is my first sober Saturday in a long time though so am looking at that as a positive. If I manage tomorrow sober too (which is my p plan, touch wood!) I'll have had 4 sober days this week, so 2 more than last.
Aside from drinking, not much going on to report. Work is still full on. And still haven't got a definite house moving date 🙄 It's got beyond boring now!!

Anyways, hope everyone is doing ok

Xx
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

debsuyar

Post by debsuyar »

I love you two xxx
Just feeling crap at moment so having u both here makes everything bearable

Bitofapush

Post by Bitofapush »

Hi to all those on here... it's an awfully long time (years) since I visited. Through much of that time, my drinking has been pretty under control - low or no - for long periods.

Unfortunately living alone with multiple lockdowns plus relationship troubles, it's become all too easy to drink, with far too little else to do. Now I'm back to often a couple of bottles a day, & have accepted things are out of control & need to be sorted out before I do damage to my relationships & further damage to my health (starting off with not ending up the size of an elephant).

Anyway I hope all here are well - I guess this is mostly a post just to reconnect with this community, and to make a commitment to sorting things out.

All the best to one and all

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Bitofapush wrote:
15 Feb 2021 15:59
Anyway I hope all here are well - I guess this is mostly a post just to reconnect with this community, and to make a commitment to sorting things out.
Welcome back, Bitofapush!

I'm sorry to hear how things have been, but well done for deciding to take positive action. I'm glad you've decided to reconnect with us. Stick around and join in as much as possible/as much as you wish, on whatever threads you wish ;)?
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning groupies, hello bitofapush, good to meet you.
The thread has been so quiet since new year really! I’m
Hoping it’ll pick up, I keep popping in to see what’s occurring. Lovely deb has too.
I’m 70 days AF today, I do try not to count the days but I secretly have been.
I’m an awful binge drinker and pretty much had my worse year for it last year. Left my partner of over 20 years just before lockdown. My boozing was bad anyway but with us living apart, my kids would be with him some days meaning I had complete freedom to drink unsupervised. Couple that with working at home so not having to stress about hangovers or still being drunk as I didn’t have to be in the office and no one could see me, a recipe for disaster.
Hopefully the thread will pick up so stick around xx

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Sleepyb wrote:
16 Feb 2021 08:59
I’m 70 days AF today, I do try not to count the days but I secretly have been.
Excellent work, Sleepy! (::) \:)/ (::)
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Morning folks I don’t think I’ve posted on here before. I thought I’d started to get my drinking under control during the early days of the first lockdown, we’ll pride comes before a fall. Until the second lockdown things weren’t too bad though. Cooler weather, less to do - there’s only so much cleaning,decorating,gardening etc you can do - living alone, no bubble, less company, no exercise equals recipe for disaster. Come December and I’d become so low I’d totally given up on all voluntary work I’d been doing. Six bottles of wine in eight days (only 3days were drink days) and I decided enough was enough. I didn’t want to go back down that track. I’ve written strongly worded notes to remind me not to drink and put them into prominent places - in my bag/phone/front door and in my bedroom for when I first wake up. Day one done and dusted ;)?

AmyJean

Post by AmyJean »

Well done Spats. I'm the same as you. First lockdown I was with my mum for 2 months solid. The weather was good. It was all a bit new and we all thought it would be over by summer. Well I did anyway. This time is harder and feels neverending. I live on my own mostly and I was getting into the habit of popping a bottle in my trolley. One bottle is never enough for me though. So I think I'll just buy one but then have to go out for another. And 2 is definitely too many. I'm 3 weeks back into total abstinence. Going back to my flat tomorrow though. But I'm concentrating my diet/nutrition at the moment. Alcohol screws that up big time. Crisps go well with wine. A family pack of course. I'm much calmer when I'm not obsessing about drinking/not drinking/drinking. So exhausting and a waste of mental energy. Keep on keeping on folks.
And I said to my body softly 'I want to be your friend'. It took a long sigh and said 'I've waited my whole life for this'

debsuyar

Post by debsuyar »

Flippin’ Nora!! My long post has disappeared!
Welcome to all new ‘faces’
Be back soon x

debsuyar

Post by debsuyar »

Hi!
It has gone very quiet on here again...hope everyone is doing ok? Xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi debs.

I’ve not been around for months!!!! How are you? How’s the rest of the gang? I’ve had a quick read through the posts. Missed you all.

T xx

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2021
First Sober Date: 27 Feb 2021

Post by BizzyBee »

Hey everyone,

Some new names popping up too 😊
Spats and Amy-Jean, we've met on here before some time ago. Or maybe another thread?!
Tadpole <:)> lovely to see you back.
Sleepy (::) you're smashing it. I'm so pleased for you.
Debs, hope you're OK.

I'm back drinking daily again. Hate myself for it. Its like a never ending repetitive roller-coaster of emotions 🙄
Wake up feeling a bit groggy. Tell myself I need to get a grip and I don't need to drink every evening. Get a positive head on the the first part of the day. I'm going to be healthy and sober. Get to about 2pm and the permission thoughts are creeping in. By 6.00 they've taken over. Sod it, I deserve a drink to relax, work's been full on and I've been healthy with what I've eaten today. I'll just have one glass. Which of course leads to 2! I enjoy the first hour or so of how it makes me feel, then I start to beat myself up for being weak. Go to bed - tomorrow is a new day, fresh start...... And here we go again!!!

On a lighter note. The sun is out and it looks gorgeous outside ☀️😍
Have a good day everyone xx
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hi everyone good to see you're still at it and hi to new faces - sorry i've been away - nothing sinister it's just that suddenly it's been ages!

I'm good - still seem to be living a changed relationship with the booze but i haven't been totally AF - but i haven't got back to that awful day after day lost - but drinking anything is dangerous and if i do drink i defo want to go ballistic so there's no middle ground - i'm a digital drinker! either a '0' or a '1' all or nothing.

that menas that i can drink in moderation but i don't want to and don't enjoy it - learning - and accepting - these things is important

so yeah i'm doing ok and it's great to not have to lie about units drinking per week when filling out forms for health care (new dentist) but i'm not 'cured' and i know never will be - that's another learning and accepting thing

and being honest with myself i'm not sure i've accepted that properly yet

so like the rest of the world i've got a stone of extra lockdown weight to lose and a beady eye to be kept on myself!

love to all - i'll try not to leave it so long next time

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Hello all, sticking my head in!
So quiet everywhere on BE it seems, not sure if this is a good thing or not?
I’m still AF, think this is week 13.
It’s my bday today. This would definitely be a reason to drink usually. I had a fleeting thought earlier that I could get wine and drink it after my girls are in bed but it was literally fleeting thank god.
I hope all are well xxx