Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Sleepyb

Re: Regrouping

Post by Sleepyb » 08 Feb 2019 07:57

Morning groupies/goodnight Tad.
Nearly the weekend, desperate to spend it AF and be productive and get stuff done and sleep well and eat well and generally be a generally virtuous human being! Think I need a good book and some good tv to keep me occupied in the evenings if anyone has any suggestions.
Think I’m day 11 today, same as you Bizzy?
Anyway have a good day one and all x

essay

Post by essay » 08 Feb 2019 09:37

Morning Groupies :\:
Bizzy <:)> - so sorry to hear about your throat - you weren't out last night singing 'We are the Champions' at the top of your voice in some low down sleezy back street bar were you? Or maybe you've got a cold coming <:)>

Tad - sorry to disillusion you but OH is a big part of my current drinking pattern. He completely emotionally smashed me just after Xmas and I have had quite a problem coming to terms with living separately while under the same roof. He also drinks lakes of wine. I know his declaration is (a) because he had a stinking hangover too and (b) he thinks it will smooth over his past behaviour. So I am realistic but know that it will help me in the short term.

Sleepy - I love reading too - what genres do you like?

Happy Friday everyone
xx
I am not giving up alcohol - I am gaining a hangover free, guilt free lifestyle

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 08 Feb 2019 18:38

Essay love anything a bit dark and depressing which is a bit morbid I suppose.
Haven’t read a really really good book for a long time.

essay

Post by essay » 08 Feb 2019 19:06

Ooo Sleepy you are a dark horse :lol2: I quite like a good psychological thriller but not anything too dark .. it would keep me awake I think - Girl on a Train was enough for me :?

Hope you're having a good Friday - I'm having a curry then going to watch the film Green Book.

Stay safe Groupies - I know I am going to
xx

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 17 Mar 2019

Post by BizzyBee » 08 Feb 2019 22:46

Evening guys.
Well that was a close one...... I very nearly gave in and had a drink!
Didn't actually make it out. Work was knackering and when I got home my mum called to say my aunty is very poorly and might not last the night 😔 She's been ill a while so it's not unexpected. We're not hugely close but I've been in contact with my uncle and cousin since she got ill. She's not really that old. Another reminder life can be too short. So utterly ridiculous that I thought I'd have a drink after hearing about her! Thinking about how short life can be but then almost doing something that essentially shortens my own.
Anyway, I managed to stop myself, even with the cider still being in the house so that's a really good thing.
Day 12 for me today Sleepy. Just one ahead of you.
Hope your shift tonight is less full on tadpole.
Essay, how's your friday night going? Your posts always make me chuckle. Definitely wasn't singing last night. My throat still doesn't feel right this eve. I don't think I'm rid of last week's cold yet to catch another one!!
I'm in bed now guys so will check in again tomorrow. Night night. X

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole » 09 Feb 2019 08:57

Morning all.

Nice one bizzy.

Stay strong sleepy!

My eyes are closing rapidly. One more night.

Have a good weekend everyone. I’m looking forward to being back in the world of days soon. Loving the thriving thread.

T xx

essay

Post by essay » 09 Feb 2019 09:51

Good morning Groupies :\:
Well, last night was a real revelation - the first one in I literally can't remember when, that OH didn't drink. We watched a film (Green Book) which was really good - not too taxing but very engaging. I didn't even think about drinking and was amazed at how quickly the evening went. Hot drink and into bed by 12 - result! Didn't sleep that well, but it doesn't really matter cos at least I've got a clear head. Think I'll do it again sometime very soon - like tonight 8-)
Tadpole - so hope you get some restful sleep - it's horrible if you have to work when you're tired. Sending you some snoring dust :lol:

Well done Bizzy - I imagine you being drawn towards the fridge like a gaudy holiday magnet, but at the last moment those snake-like hips thrust out and swerve you away, like a Strictly contestant on Paso Doble night :lol2: :lol2: ... Or maybe you just thought 'nah, can't be *rsed'!!!

Sleepy - we've had a right old storm here last night - perfect for dark, spooky storytelling :lol2:

Let's all keep walking this happy road
xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 09 Feb 2019 10:01

Essay :lol2: your description of Bizzy resisting the cider! Do you have snake like hips Bizzy as I would be very jealous if you have. I used to have snake like hips somewhere, I think they’re still there just waiting to be found.
Sounds like a relatively pleasant evening with your OH essay? Mine did drink but was in bed by about 8 so that was definitely a pleasant evening for me.
Just got a text from a good friend seeing if I want to go round there this afternoon. Normally have a good laugh but the drink flows very freely and she is an excellent host which inevitably means your glass is never empty. I can’t put myself in that position as I think I’m feeling too weak willed today to say no if a drink was offered. I could go and not drink but that’s not going to happen so I’m going to have to make my excuses for today, shame :cry:

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 09 Feb 2019 12:49

Oh essay, you always make me laugh out loud :lol2:
Think my hips are more granny like than snake like!! It was a bit more of a can't be bothered thing. Think the lingering illness helped. But the argument I had in my head about whether to drink or not. I do hope that subsides soon. It's just madness. The little alcoholic voice versus the common sense healthy voice!

Sleepy, I think I'd make my excuses in your position too. It doesn't sound like an easy place to stay AF, unless you're feeling super strong!

I've just spoke to one of my friends who I would have been out with last night. She was planning on leaving the party at 11 and not having too much of a crazy one. She ended up out til 4am and is dieing today. So glad I'm not feeling like that!!

Have a good Saturday all
Xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 09 Feb 2019 17:10

.4am?? That sounds like my worst nightmare!
Obviously didn’t go to my friends, feel a bit sad that I’m missing out but I know I’ll be glad in the morning. Can’t avoid everyone forever though can I?!
Done some housework, now sitting down wondering what I can eat. Going to watch Tin Star tonight if anyone’s watched it?

essay

Post by essay » 09 Feb 2019 23:22

Well Groupies, it's been a mixed bag here on the Essay Estate today. Actually got out and did some gardening this morning - pure bliss to be working outside, then at lunchtime it went really cold and we have had torrential rain ever since!!

Cooked a super healthy meal tonight - loads of fresh veggies - but ate too much and now am more of a fat pig than the fat pig I was this morning!!

Tucked up in bed now, no thought of the evil brew tonight - just a cami tea and a good book.

Looking forward to tomorrow

Night night all
xx

essay

Post by essay » 10 Feb 2019 09:19

and ... good morning Groupies :\:

Well, the morning I was looking forward to has arrived - another sober Sunday, hoorah \:)/
It's all gone a bit quiet in here - hope it's because you are all snucked up in bed having a lie in - I don't mean you are all in the same bed, although if you are, we could start a new thread for that sort of thing - '50 Shades Freed (of alcohol)??? Not, of course that I have seen any of those types of films ... well maybe just for research purposes, you understand :lol2:

Well, no gardening here today (which may prompt another literary reference, m'Lady) - it's a bit yuck outside, so more smea and a lazy morning methinks

Have a lovely day all
xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 10 Feb 2019 10:27

Morning essay! I’m still here, slept in til 10 which was bloody lovely. I am just having a mea and have eaten a whole (large) tub of the yoghurt I’m obsessed with, just wish it was low fat :roll:
Essay I wish I could summon up the motivation to get out in my garden, it’s a mess it’s as much as I can do to keep it dog poo free let alone anything else. I’m sure I’m a massive disappointment to my mum as her garden is beautiful.
Raining and miserable here but need to get dogs out then it’s a little bit more housework then I’m going to watch Netflix and/or read. Bought a book on my iPad but it’s pretty rubbish but now feel I need to finish it.
Son is taking his little sister to the cinema later and my eldest daughter is out. I would normally think yes! A few hours I can drink on my own but not today, nah uh, nope, no way

essay

Post by essay » 10 Feb 2019 11:04

Sleepyb wrote:
10 Feb 2019 10:27

Son is taking his little sister to the cinema later and my eldest daughter is out. I would normally think yes! A few hours I can drink on my own but not today, nah uh, nope, no way
My inner 'naughty mummy' is saying 'what a perfect opportunity to scoff all the Xmas choccies that the little beggars have hidden from me'

:lol2: :o :lol2: :o :lol2: :o :lol2:

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb » 10 Feb 2019 11:51

Bloody hell chicolates left over in this house, that’s as likely as there being and booze left over essay. Though there are sometimes cans of OH lager hanging around and I have only resorted to that when I’ve been desperate as I generally can’t stomach the stuff

essay

Post by essay » 10 Feb 2019 13:00

Sleepyb wrote:
10 Feb 2019 11:51
Bloody hell chicolates left over in this house, that’s as likely as there being and booze left over essay.
Mmmm - both have been known to happen Chez Essay (and both devoured at speed :oops: )

:lol: :lol:

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee » 10 Feb 2019 14:06

Hey guys,
Looks like you're all doing really well still over the weekend. Unfortunately I'm not :( Caved in last night and had a glass of wine then a cider. My friend who I thought I'd be drinking tea with had got us some drinks in and I just thought sod it. Feel like I've got a slight hangover today even tho it was a pathetic amount to drink. Suppose that's a good thing in a way.
Am half looking on the positive side. 1 day of drinking out of 13. And I think I'd had 6 days off before that?? So am getting better. Still a bit disappointed too though.
Hopefully am back on the right road again now 🤞🤞
X

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole » 10 Feb 2019 14:15

Hey!

Bizzy, it was a very small amount of booze by the sound of it. Forget it and move on. You’re doing great.

Essay and sleepy you both sound really good. Great stuff.

I’ve over slept slightly. I had the funniest night at work last night. It was quite a tonic really. NIGHTS ARE FINALLY OVER!!! So I’m heading to my parents (after a strong wake me up coffee) to have some lunch and collect my dog. My mum can’t cook, neither can I. It won’t be pleasant!

Happy Sunday everyone.

T xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole » 10 Feb 2019 14:15

Me stoat. Are you around? Sorry if I’ve missed you amongst the posts. I’m still upside down. Xx

essay

Post by essay » 10 Feb 2019 16:37

Bizzy - you're doing ok - you're still here . A slip doesn't have to turn into a fall .
Speak later
<:)> <:)>