Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Sleepyb

Re: Regrouping

Post by Sleepyb »

Hi all. Drank Saturday night as I went out. Never mind, back to it!
How is everyone? Weather is rubbish and I’m feeling a bit jaded after my weekend slip but off to spinning soon so that might perk me up. I hope.

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Post by BizzyBee »

Hi guys
Nice work for getting straight back on it sleepy. And again for gyming it. Sweat the toxins out!!
I went climbing tonight and sweated out what's left of the cold virus I think. Feeling much better than I did at the weekend thankfully!
Got a fairly busy week so shouldn't be too hard to stay sober (famous last words!!). However the weekend is a different story. Got my sister, her boyfriend and their 3 kids coming to stay. It's going to be manic and usually I'd grab the wine to help me cope. OH is likely to be grumpy as he doesn't like the house being hectic with loads of kids so that won't help.
Anyway...... That's days away, so for now I'll focus on the now!
Going to try a bit of meditation then go to bed.
Night night all x

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Evening all.

Sleepy it’s great you’ve jumped back into the sober train. Always a good sign.

Sleepy can you try not to succumb over the weekend? Actually I find it harder if family folk are in my home. I always get them out as soon as I can to avoid temptation. Families are certainly not easy.

I’ve had another weird day at work. I keep coming home feeling really anxious about decisions and plans I’ve made. I don’t think I get paid enough for this level of anxiety!

Anyway. After finishing late I’m in bed. 3/4 of the way through a disturbingly good book. I need to stay up until midnight to book my spin ball class for next week. It’s so popular us regulars book just after midnight when it goes live to ensure we don’t miss out. I’m clock watching again, and rambling so good night!

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Tad what is the book?

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Omg sleepy. It’s called the missing ones. Really good. My mum gave it to me. Another excellent one is the scissor sisters. It’s a true and very sad story. I have an interesting tale to tell about one of the characters. Basically she went missing and was still missing g when the book was written. One day about 7 years ago I was reading the metro on the tube and I saw a tiny article that the woman had been found!!!!! I was literally just skimming the paper. Can’t remember the name of the author but can find out if you’re interested? Read it at your peril!

I’ve just smashed body combat. Taking husband to work then back home. It’s raining here. My favourite weather!!! Day off today. I’m feeling quietly confident about staying sober...

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

I’m going to look them up today tad, just can’t find a book to get into at the mo. Have you ever read any books by Donna tarrt? They’re so good, there’s a fun coming out of one of them this weekend, the goldfinch.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

I haven’t sleepy, but I’ll definately look them up! Thanks for the tip xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hi all - just splashed my way round the M25 - knackered now!

it's really close at work - I'm sweating like a piggy - got a bit carried away last night - had so much to do that once done off I went - so feeling a bit jaded as well

love to all

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Post by BizzyBee »

Hi guys
Hope you're feeling a bit less jaded now Tarzan. I found it really muggy at work today too. Kept thinking I might be starting the menopause early as was having hot type flushes!!
I might look in to those books tadpole. They're the kind of nitty gritty reads I like. I'm rubbish at reading books unless they totally grab me. Might see if they're on audible too. Could listen on way to work then.
I feel suspiciously like I'm getting a sore throat which would owe me right off! Thought I was feeling better yesterday but wondering if I'm not quite over the virus. Got some ascorbic acid and propolis ready to dose up on then hearing to bed I reckon.
Hope you're all ok
Will check in again tomorrow
X

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Hi Bizzy - I don't think it's the menopause making me sweat - could be the Manopause is suppose (did you see what I did there? did you?)

sorry

I'm going to join in with the numbers - day 2 - hoping to do dry October so thought i'd get a head start

Love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

I saw that Tarzan!

Bizzy I’ve been getting regular night sweats, and this is minus the alcohol. I’m 45 so not sure what that’s about. It’s not nice though.

So, if we are mentioning numbers, I’m on day 10. No idea how that happened but I’m liking it. Yesterday, day off proved to be wobbly when I met my mum in town. I just wanted to dive into my usual haunt and sit back with wine. The thought of how I would feel after a couple of hours and then this morning kept me on route to Starbucks where I remained until it passed. I still over slept this morning and I’ve really hurt my back so I’m taking one day (and one day only) off the gym. I’m silently doing mini celebrations in my head today.

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Hello all. Day ten v good tad!! I’ve gone back to not worrying about days at the mo.
I have no news to report today. Rain, work, boring boring. Spin class at 6.20. Eldest daughter coming with me as it’s apparently national fitness day (who knew?!) so my gym is letting guests of members in. We will go for a swim after.

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

urgh rain work boring boring - i'm with you on that sleepy

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Hellooooo, anyone there?
Friday here at long last, out tonight so jury’s out on whether I’ll drink. Obviously I’d like to not. Think I’m in a precarious position as the last couple of times I’ve drunk I’ve managed to quite successfully not let it drag on for days afterwards which, whilst is progress in itself, means I’m starting to get into the old ‘see I’m not an alcoholic’ mindset which is both untrue and a dangerous way of thinking. I know my aim really is still to be long term AF.
Anyway, I am looking forward to tonight nevertheless, going to v posh hotel in London.
Hope all are ok xxxx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning sleepy. Enjoy yourself whatever happens! I know what you mean about thinking it’s ok if we just have a couple or it doesn’t turn into a nightmare. I shared a bottle of wine with my husband last night. It really wasn’t all that. I was at the gym and suddenly the cravings came from nowhere and wouldn’t F off. So I succumbed. I feel fine today, have just smashed body pump and don’t feel groggy at all. I also feel like I’ve kind of got ‘it’ out of my system now too. I won’t be drinking tonight or over the weekend. No chance to anyway.

Right. Busy day planned. Groan.

T xx

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

Sleepyb wrote:
27 Sep 2019 08:47
Hellooooo, anyone there?
Friday here at long last, out tonight so jury’s out on whether I’ll drink. Obviously I’d like to not. Think I’m in a precarious position as the last couple of times I’ve drunk I’ve managed to quite successfully not let it drag on for days afterwards which, whilst is progress in itself, means I’m starting to get into the old ‘see I’m not an alcoholic’ mindset which is both untrue and a dangerous way of thinking. I know my aim really is still to be long term AF.
Anyway, I am looking forward to tonight nevertheless, going to v posh hotel in London.
Hope all are ok xxxx
Hoping last night went well for you Sleepyb. Missed you on the 2-4 weeks thread :(
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Evening all.

Mighty quiet here again.

How’s everyone? I’ve managed to Jim straight back into the sober saddle after my shared bottle of wine.

Maybe I should jump over to the sober threads with you mackintosh?

T xx

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

nice to see you tad.
cant see much on my phone but hope all are well.
my application for funding for rehab was yesterday, i will get the yes or no by tue or wed.
hope i do,i need it. i have noone to talk to anymore, my old best mate cant be bothered, my ex wife has gone cold, im just alone.
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

Don't be alone chriscole....I hope there is always someone here to listen...I certainly hope so....I'm here...it's tough when you feel isolated we all need to help each other <:)>
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Ahhh Mackintosh so glad you found us over here.I tend to post here mainly but sometimes go on the sobriety challenges to try and refocus. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t!
I did drink Friday night. I was at the Waldorf in London and it was all paid for so I suppose I thought I should make the most of it 🙄. Anyway back to being sober now. It was a bit of an escape from being mum of three, working full time, housework etc etc. I’m not excusing myself but it’s just so easy to justify it isn’t it.
Chris, keep posting xx