Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Re: Regrouping

Post by Topcat »

chriscole wrote:
29 Sep 2019 00:38
my application for funding for rehab was yesterday, i will get the yes or no by tue or wed.
Keeping everything crossed for you Drew <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Post by BizzyBee »

Morning everyone
Nice to have more peeps posting on here too.
I hope you're application gets approved chriscole Will keep 🤞🤞 for you.
How's everyone weekends been?
I drank Friday night and last night 😣 Not stupid amounts but enough for me to feel a bit eugh in the mornings.
Need to make sure I don't give in to cravings later as I know they'll be there.
Going to make a plan to keep busy
X

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

hi all - bit weird posting on a sunday for me but had to transfer some cash about so sprked up the old laptop - i also drank fri/sat but again not too bad - i used to do 8-9 pints now i don;t want to drink past four - cant believe i used to do nine! i must have been smashed

anyway nice to see some new (for here) faces - good luck with the funding chris - we're all here for you

love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning all!!

Chris you know we are always here.

Morning everyone else. I’ve been galloping along the sober trail but can feel a Sunday afternoon release coming on. I’m pained just thinking about it already!

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning all. Well it’s been a weekend of drinking for me 🙄. I feel like complete crap. My son is angry with me. I’m going to try and go for a swim today in the hope it’ll freshen me up. I’m such a bloody idiot (w)

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Swimming's good sleepy - there's something almost meditative about it for me - especially if the pools not too crowded and you get a bit of space to yourself - I need to go swimming!

love to all

chriscole
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2014

Post by chriscole »

thanks for the support.
i got the funding \:)/
hopefully going on the 28th oct.
need to sort this.
is banana still around?
2017 challenge member #34 !!!

Trojan
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2013

Post by Trojan »

LB hasn't been around for ages. I wonder how he's doing - has anyone heard?

Really pleased to hear your news chriscole. Keep yourself in good order until the 28th. This can be your turning point ;)?
Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il y avait en moi un été invincible.
#99 on the 2021 Challenge

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Good news Chriscole. Try and keep posting til then x

Bluebottle
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Bluebottle »

chriscole wrote:
30 Sep 2019 21:11
thanks for the support.
need to sort this.
is banana still around?
Well done Chris, really hope it works out for you. ;)?

Had a weekend of drinking too, Fri started fine, a glass of wine with dinner but before I knew it Jim was pouring me a Morgan's and coke, needless to say I didn't refuse, sober sat but 3/4 bottle of wine sun, wasn't hungover today but slept late. Frightened to sign up for stoptober in case I fail. :mrgreen:

Dinny beat yourself up sleepy, nothing can change the past. <:)> Hope you enjoyed your swim, I've been pretty lazy recently, got a lot on my mind, need to get my act together. <:)>

Ruby xx
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)
307/59 days - 2019/2020

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 21 Apr 2019
First Sober Date: 22 Apr 2019

Post by BizzyBee »

Morning folks
That's fab news chris \:)/ Really pleased for you
Sleepy, I hope you're feeling better. And like Ruby days, you can't change the past, focus on the future <:)>
How's everyone else doing?
I just about manager to swerve a drink on Sunday. Was very close to giving in though! Got a busy week so shouldn't be too hard to stay sober. Got an evening wedding doo on Saturday though so doubting I'll manage that 🙄 Think I'm going to be realistic for the moment and say I'm going to try and stay sober 6/7 days a week. I've got something on most weekends that will involve drinking and not sure I want to battle with myself then feel like crap when I fail. Maybe if I do the 6 out of 7 for a few weeks I'll be able to move forward to 7/7. We'll see!
Have a good Tuesday everyone
Xx

Mackintosh

Post by Mackintosh »

:\: morning all. Great news chris :) I'm looking forward to starting some councelling on the 7th. Sleepyb swimming is excellent got the bug again whilst I was away last week and have now joined a gym with a swim only membership , went yesterday and going again today :)
Enjoy you day guys!
Sobriety is not an anchor, it's a pair of wings.

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

chriscole wrote:
30 Sep 2019 21:11
need to sort this.
is banana still around?
So pleased to read that Drew ;)?

I too hope Loose Banana is doing ok. If you're looking in LB, please get in touch <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning all. Well I had some wine last night, not huge amounts but went to dinner with an old work colleague and was still feeling rubbish from the weekend drinking I kind of didn’t really know what else to do. I mean I had s lovely time seeing my friend but now so annoyed with myself, thinking how much better I would be feeling this morning if I’d avoided the drink yesterday. Oh well it’s the first and everyone is in about going sober for October so I guess that’s a good bit of motivation to see if I could make it to the end of the month.
I did feel a bit better after the swim yesterday so don’t know why I had to balls it up by drinking some more last night.
Having a bit of anxiety anyway at the mo due to some stuff going on in my personal life and work is getting on my nerves but I know I’ll deal with it so much better with a clear head.

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

blimey - close your eyes for a minute and it all happens - good news on the funding chris - really excellent

sleepy i'm going for the stoptober thing - partly to help practice for not having so much money following potential redundancy and partly cos I need to - mainly cos I need to
so of course I had extra last night as it was the 'last' night - why do people do that - get extra twatted before we give up - I mean I wasn't twatted but you know what I mean

anyway feeling very positive about life in general today - not sure why - although I too have been feeling anxiety creeping in for no specific reason recently - most strange

love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning!!!

Fab mews cc. I haven’t heard anything from or about banana.

I drank wine last night. No reason. Just felt like it. Suffering today but getting back on it.

Until later...

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Good morning. 2nd day of Oct so 2nd day of being AF. Can I make it to the end of the month?? I hope we all can groupies!!
Work today and not a lot more exiting to say than that. Had a really bloody difficult spin class last night and not sure whether it was genuinely extra hard or I was just extra useless after having drink over the weekend.
Trying to also make swimming a daily thing, like you say Mr T I find it quite meditative and anything that helps my sometimes quite sh*t mental state can only be a good thing. I’m trying to keep my costume in my car so I can sneak one in at some point during the work day

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

Morning sleepy - keeping your costume in the car? you sound like a super hero!

day 2 here as well and, like you, bored at work

love to all

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Haha yes I do don’t I Mr T, the ‘sneaking one in during the day’ sounds a bit dubious too and could be misconstrued in various ways.

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Oh it also just certainly occurred to me Mr T, yours and mine favourite programme starts tonight, The Apprentice! Yay!
I can’t believe it was a year ago you were saying something about very thick people whilst I was singing it’s praises! Do you remember?