Regrouping

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Sleepyb

Re: Regrouping

Post by Sleepyb »

Just checking in on everyone? All ok?
I managed to not drink yesterday though the temptation was very much there as I felt crap from the weekend.
Managed a spin class though not sure I really pushed myself as I was feeling delicate. Day off today so gym swim this morning then I still have to unpack the bloody camping stuff from the car🙄

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning sleepy.

I reckon you’ll feel better today. You’ll be thanking yourself at least for avoiding temptation last night!!!

So we’ve had a family death here. It’s all very sudden and strange but I seem to have been allocated the pragmatic role so I’m comfortable with that.

Off to get my hair ‘done’ today. It was booked an age ago and I’m desperate. Life goes on I suppose.

I’ve got spin ball later. Really hard class. God I could do with another couple of hours in bed where the husband is currently festering!

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Oh no Tad, so sorry to hear that?
Yep life does go on though a death is always a wake up call and shock to everyone around the person xx

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan »

morning all - sorry to hear the sad news Tads

I've been on leave so no posting - just got a chance this morning as got up so early due to stupid sneezing and snottyness - grrr

so as I've been on leave my units have shot up which is a shame - however they have not shot up to a point where I've lost most of the holiday - which is what usually happens so i'm actually pretty chuffed with how it's gone

back at work next week so will be back on line

love to all

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning Tarzan et al.

Blimey what a roller coaster of a ride this has been. I won’t go on about it here but it’s hit us all very hard. I’ve had to keep going and I’m at work today. It’s quiet so far thank goodness.

I’m gonna be posting here regularly as I’ve been drinking a bit too much. I need this place so much right now.

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

So do I Tad <:)>
Let’s stick together, I hope you’re holding up ok and please go on as much as you need to on here xxx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Thanks sleepy xxx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning all.

I was thinking about Chris yesterday and wondering how he is getting on. I hope he contacts us here soon.

How’s everyone today? I’m off to the gym soon and then work. Life is slowly getting back to some normality but I’m finding that my means of support appear to be at risk of a little too much advantage being taken. Need to be a bit careful here but it’s such a tricky situation and completely new to me that I currently don’t really know what the bloody hell to do!!!!

Anyway, better get in with the day.

T xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Morning tad. Yeah I was wondering about him too.
You must look after yourself at the mo because you’ll put yourself at higher risk of drinking if you’re feeling stressed and resentful.
Says me who have drunk daily since Wednesday. Managed spin this morning but trying to fight the urge to drink later.
Went to see Joker last night, had wine at the cinema and after when we went to eat 🙄🙄. On the plus side the film is amazing and I would really recommend it. Xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Sleepy. It’s day one here again. I need to get a grip.

At work. Missed the gym. Xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Yep day one too Tad, nearly over thank goodness. Isn’t it terrible to wish time away 🙄🙄

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

It is sleepy. It’s something I need to stop doing!

Yes, the day is almost over. I’m looking forward to waking up without a groggy, guilty feeling tomorrow.

Xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Me too tad, just hoping sleep doesn’t evade me as it so often dies on day one

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

Me too tad, just hoping sleep doesn’t evade me as it so often does on day one

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

I find I often experience jumpy legs on night one sleepy. It’s ok though. Even if you dint sleep much your body will be so much more rested. And of course then you’ve got the marvellous feeling of freedom and comfort as the days pass. Xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

I get that too tad! I used to panic it was a withdrawal seizure about to happen (too much googling as usual) but it’s happened a fair few tones with no serious consequence. Got a really good book I’m reading so hope I will make my eyes so tired I’ll just crash XX

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

What’s the book sleepy? I need one! Xx

Sleepyb

Post by Sleepyb »

It’s called A Little Life by Hanya Yanighara. Its unite hard to explain what it’s about but it’s so well written. Have a google of it xx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Will do.

Finally home!!! Night and hope you sleep well xxx

Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Morning.

How was your sleep, sleepy?

So happy to wake up sober. Sadly I look like utter shite though. Think I’ve got another cold coming on. I’m determined to battle through though. Already been on a lovely doggie walk. Got gym this morning (I’m bloody well going!), and then another doggie walk before work. It usually takes about three days for me to start feeling better so I’m just going to plough through today. Finally a day off tomorrow!

It’s a new week. Thank goodness.

T xx