Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Old SOS - Archived

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Ladysnoops
Last Drink Date: 08 Apr 2012

Re: SOS - Post here if you need help (NO GENERAL CHAT PLEASE

Post by Ladysnoops » 07 Feb 2011 00:39

Dab, Sorry so late in joining the thread. Have been out with hubby all day. Hope you are safely past your wobble now :?: \:)/ \:)/ Sending lots of cyber hugs <:)> <:)> <:)>

Snoopy, Love the pic ;)?

<:)> to all!!

Linda
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Ladysnoops
Last Drink Date: 08 Apr 2012

Post by Ladysnoops » 07 Feb 2011 14:38

Dab, YOU are the one who did great (::) (::) We were just there to watch you make it through safely <:)>

Space, How are you these days :?:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day/night \:)/ \:)/

Linda
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

damson

Post by damson » 07 Feb 2011 16:54

Good to see you doing so well Space, stick around with us and you'll go far!

(::) (::)

Damson

Beverley
Last Drink Date: 22 Jul 2010

Post by Beverley » 07 Feb 2011 17:22

Hi Space and Dab

While I am enjoying my birthday it is so easy to forget those around me. I do so hope for you that being here with us will help you to celebrate your next one in a great way.

Much love Bev x Keep strong! we're all here for you.
Every moment is a gift - that's why it's called the present

Dizzy Lizzy
Last Drink Date: 02 Dec 2011

Post by Dizzy Lizzy » 07 Feb 2011 23:44

sorry shouldnt have put that post, i was drunk again
Last edited by Dizzy Lizzy on 08 Feb 2011 09:12, edited 3 times in total.
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift because it is a presant.live in the day.

snoopy
Last Drink Date: 02 Oct 2016

Post by snoopy » 08 Feb 2011 00:03

hi dizzy, ive seen your posts around and see that you are in a difficult place at the moment. Weve all made mistakes and done things in the past that we regret, but youre here and youre trying to change things. i think a lot of us drinkers live in the past and hold on to stuff and we need to learn to let go. try to build a better future and make tomorrow better than today. dont drink tomorrow. good luck x
I dont drink because my life is better without it

london bloke

Post by london bloke » 08 Feb 2011 00:18

Hi dizzy,

snoopy hits the nail on the head for me, at least.

Living in the past. Hmmm, I do that. And yes, I know it's hard not to get pulled back to 'mistakes, bad decisions, whatever. I am Catholic ! But you need all your energies making today and tomorrow better. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, and that you can leave past stuff where it can;t hurt - in the past.
<:)>
Alcohol = Anxiety: I have suffered for years.
Sobriety = Freedom: I have tasted freedom, and I want it more.

Aaron.A
Last Drink Date: 02 Jun 2013

Post by Aaron.A » 08 Feb 2011 00:35

I think many of us like to dwell on the past and use this as an excuse to drink. Tomorrow is another day to start afresh dizzy, go for a walk in the morning get some fresh air and try and put last nights lapse behind you <:)>
It's been a while since i could stand on my own two feet again

64Turtles
Last Drink Date: 29 Sep 2014

Post by 64Turtles » 09 Feb 2011 01:19

I can only say Lizzy that you are a special girl. I don't know about your situation and I can say no-one should ever be afraid to live. There are situations where this is common on this earth no doubt. Tho none of them are acceptable. You must choose to live. If the choice is to run then make a plan or just simply disappear.
Time will help fade this situation into a distant memory. If you must drink to cope and you are not happy with yourself then that can be even worse. It compounds the peeble into a rock into boulder....

Take care sweet Lizzy. You have my attention <:)> <:)>
“Just remember - when you think all is lost, the future remains”

Tink

Post by Tink » 09 Feb 2011 01:37

Awwwwww Lizzy hon. Geezzzzzzzzz I hurt for ya and this struggle. I wish I could do more but all I can do is tell you that if you want to be sober and I believe you do, then you will have to make some changes. Allot of changes. Starting with a plan when you know you want to drink of what you will do instead and telling yourself on no compromise that you will do what ever it takes to not drink. Life is full of our wreckage and we alone have to walk through it to the other side. Others can help but it comes down to how much we are willing to do to stop. Sending you support Lizzy and always post love. Never not post. Posting is part of recovery. You are recovering and I have faith in you that you will find your way.
Turtles and the others make so many good points so as you see there are many who do care. Now you start caring too and that is gonna make all the difference. <:)>

Love,
Tink <:)>
Life is a journey not a destination. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Dizzy Lizzy

Post by Dizzy Lizzy » 09 Feb 2011 07:15

hi everyone, thankyou so much for your posts they are all so caring, im on day 2 again now and this time i do feel different, i no the changes i will have to make if i feel that im being pushed into drinking again.
this time i dont think i should turn away from you lovely freinds of mine cos you are all helping me so much and i love you all. <:)> loads of love lizzy xxx
yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift because it is a presant.live in the day.

Aaron.A
Last Drink Date: 02 Jun 2013

Post by Aaron.A » 09 Feb 2011 08:49

Excellent work lizzy (::)
It's been a while since i could stand on my own two feet again

TommyFT
Last Drink Date: 23 Dec 2010

Post by TommyFT » 09 Feb 2011 10:25

good stuff lizzy :)
Alcohol ALWAYS makes things worse, NEVER better

tetsmom2
Last Drink Date: 20 Mar 2011

Post by tetsmom2 » 09 Feb 2011 12:50

So here I am again. I am so close to falling apart it’s terrifying. You may recall, I was seeing about getting some help and therapy, etc. The latest is that I have been referred for psychotherapy, and am also going to go on Antabuse to get me off drink, as they won’t give me therapy unless I’ve stopped drinking. So what I have to do now is arrange a liver test with my doc and when that comes back ok, I can start both the treatments.

I have come here today to talk. Some of what I say will be deeply embarrassing for me, but it’s not like I am going to pass you in the street and feel embarrassed at what I said, that’s the great thing about this place, people really do care, but it’s a secure, private place to be at the same time, if you get what I mean. Some of what I will say is laughable but I’m past caring, I desperately need to talk. I hope this doesn’t embarrass anyone, if it does then don’t read further.

Last night I dreamed (this is funny) that I was making out with Horatio Caine from CSI! Hubby and I are both obsessed with CSI, all three locations, and watch the DVDs all the time, so it's not surprising I dreamed about it. But I woke up feeling so lonely that I was just breaking apart. I am crying now typing this. I am so, so lonely. I know I’ve said this before here, but I don’t know how to escape from the pain. Suppose that’s why I drink. I have no sex drive, haven’t for years. Had 10 years of abuse in my first marriage, physical, mental, sexual. Used to let him have sex with me so he didn’t get angry, I learned to cry quietly and discreetly during it so he didn’t see. I am wondering if part of my loneliness is due to not wanting sex with my current, lovely, husband. I am on the contraceptive injection, apparently that can affect your sex drive, think I will go to the doc’s about that and see if there is anything I can do. Maybe if I enjoyed that special intimacy with hubby, I wouldn’t feel so lonely and isolated. I really do need some proper, professional therapy.

I haven’t been bothering to try not to drink. I just keep a bottle at work and one at home all the time, and keep topping up all day. I don’t care anymore. I am just trying to find things to do to distract me from the terrible pain and loneliness I feel until I die, and at the moment, it’ll just be a huge relief when I do. I can’t wait. I don’t know how much longer I can keep going.

I am doing pretty well keeping up with work, but today there are about five boxes of stock waiting to be unpacked and I just can’t face it. I wonder how I am even able to get out of bed at the moment. I am going thro all the right motions at the moment, but I don’t know how much longer I can keep it up.

Thanks for letting me post here. I’ve nowhere else to go right now.

Dizzy Lizzy

Post by Dizzy Lizzy » 09 Feb 2011 13:00

hi tetsmom, reading what you have put there is so much of me in that, i really do no where you are coming from, i have gone through very simalar things to you and it is affecting me badly now, i am trying to give up the drink as thats not helping either. but as you say it hurts to be in this place but please dont give up on yourself there are people that love you and want you back.
i think you and i have to try to deal with the past the best way we can but i do no that if we dont we cant move on to a happier future, and we do deserve it dont we.im here for you should you want to talk, all my love lizzy xxx

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 09 Feb 2011 13:22

Hi Tetsmom,

That's great advice from Lizzy.

Try and keep strong, won't you? It's great that you're going to psychotherapy - try and focus on the fact that this is going to be a real step forward. There are no guarantees, but it might well provide you with some important answers that will help your life to improve.

I don't really have any great advice for you, sorry - I just want you to know that we're thinking about you, and willing you to get through this.

Best wishes,
Mark <:)>
'Have another drink,' said Trillian, 'enjoy yourself.'
'Which?' said Arthur. 'The two are mutually exclusive.'

Andy
Last Drink Date: 30 Oct 2015

Post by Andy » 09 Feb 2011 14:25

Hi Tets <:)>

Sorry to hear your going through the mill :-( Echo what the others have said!!!

But please even if your not going to try to stop ATM at least try to moderate/delay starting each day!!! And drink lots of water, if you can eat something, doing that may help reduce some of the craving or at the very least the amount you want to drink...
Also as well as Milk Thistle, Very High Strength Complex Vit B will help reduce some of the damage the alcohol can do.

Hope you start to feel at least slightly better soon <:)>

Andy
Journey started 22-Feb-10.

1sunworshipper

Post by 1sunworshipper » 09 Feb 2011 14:40

Hi Lizzy - you are still suffering I can see. Can I suggest that if you have not done so already you look for additional support via your GP whatever that may be counselling, rehab etc. I think you may need a little more than BE to get you through the horrendous time you are having. <:)>

Tetsmom, great advice so far. Not a great deal more I can add - although I would say that be patient where counselling is concerned you may need more than one course. I had Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, then some time after Family Therapy then finally Cognitive Analytical Therapy, all through my GP on the NHS. I think I'm kind of sort of fixed now but won't be surprised if I need more in the future. I like you had lots of issues to overcome which generally applies to most addicts so your not alone. Hang in there and keep strong. <:)>
AF2012 #21 - challenge successfully completed
AF2013 #12 - challenge successfully completed
AF2014 #12 - 11 and a bit months
nothing changes if nothing changes

tetsmom2
Last Drink Date: 20 Mar 2011

Post by tetsmom2 » 09 Feb 2011 15:20

Thanks all, feeling too sick to write more right now. Am going home to bed, I feel so sick and got bad stomach cramps, doubtless from the booze. catch you later, thanks again for being so nice to me <:)>

Tink

Post by Tink » 09 Feb 2011 15:23

Awesome Lizzy <:)> As I always say you know..Nothing changes till something changes. Each time you keep adding new changes and then you will find what works. Keep at it and remember you are at the wheel not the alcohol if you don't let it drive my lovely one.

Tetsmom <:)> . So sorry you are having such a horrible time of it love. I know all those feelings and please don't be ashamed. This affects every part of our lives honey. Alcohol affects your sex drive as well. I distorts everything. You should be so proud and happy of yourself for getting help and tools to get it all sorted. It took a bit to get like this and it will take a bit to get better. Try to love yourself lady. If you love you then you are never really alone. We all love you. <:)>
Life is a journey not a destination. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.