Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Old SOS - Archived

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
kenny
Last Drink Date: 02 Feb 2011

Re: SOS - Post here if you need help (NO GENERAL CHAT PLEASE

Post by kenny » 23 Mar 2011 19:09

Beebee.... try something for me... look at your glass..... now look in the mirror!!!! go on ;) ..What do you want to do?? what should you do?? what you gona do?? please take care........kenny
Open your eyes to a brand new day, not letting yesterday use up today,,ps..love ya liver.

Beebee
Last Drink Date: 19 Apr 2011

Post by Beebee » 23 Mar 2011 19:18

Thanks Kenny, It made me cry when I read your post... I've just poured it all down the sink.. All gone now and cup of tea by my side, I've never poured wine down the sink before... feel a bit shocked in a good way that I have, nearly had one more sip before I did it but didn't, kind of feel I wish I could still have some but now it's all gone..
So thanks V much

damson

Post by damson » 23 Mar 2011 19:20

Well done Beebee, thats a fantastic thing to have done. Congratulations.

And a pat on the back for Kenny too :)

kenny

Post by kenny » 23 Mar 2011 19:22

<:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> Beebee...your get there hun...ken
Open your eyes to a brand new day, not letting yesterday use up today,,ps..love ya liver.

Beebee

Post by Beebee » 23 Mar 2011 19:24

and now am actually feeling very relieved it's all gone, thank you so much for responding, really needed that
x

Beebee

Post by Beebee » 23 Mar 2011 20:00

Thanks Damson x

kenny

Post by kenny » 23 Mar 2011 22:58

You out there Lizzy hun??? ;)?

Ladysnoops
Last Drink Date: 08 Apr 2012

Post by Ladysnoops » 24 Mar 2011 01:15

Way to go Beebee \:)/ (::) ;)?

And Kenny........what can I say, you are such an inspiration <:)> <:)> <:)>

Linda
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

tetsmom2
Last Drink Date: 20 Mar 2011

Post by tetsmom2 » 24 Mar 2011 13:05

Hi guys.
I am sooooooooooo very tired today. I’m rather hungry but don’t feel like I want to eat. I feel all kind of mixed up today, my head is spinning with all sorts of things, personal and business. Tired above everything else. I really want to go back home to bed and sleep, sleep, sleep, with my dear doggies snoring beside me :) Trouble is, if I do go home and sleep, I won’t sleep tonight and I can’t take Night Nurse to help me sleep as I usually do,cos its got alcohol in it so I might get sick :p I need to go to the chemist and see if they have some sleep stuff that’s safe for me to have with the Antabuse.

I’m not sure I will be here at work for very long. I’ve done most of the essentials, I guess I could leave after the postie has collected at 3pm, will see how I feel. Everything seems very surreal. Day four off booze, no credit to me, it's down to the Antabuse, but it is just a long hard slog to get through the day at the moment, to get thro the hours and minutes. I'm getting a lot done at work tho, always do when I'm not drinking. Apparently tiredness is a side effect of the Antabuse, and boy am i getting that.

Nowt interesting to say, just wanted to tell somebody my thoughts. thanks for listening :)

diamondoll
Last Drink Date: 26 Jul 2010

Post by diamondoll » 24 Mar 2011 13:18

Hi Tets,
you're doing well so don't worry about the summer. I took antabuse for a year and could scarely believe how much lifeimproved when even the CHOICE to drink was out of the equation. You will soon find substitutes, the coconut water sounds utterly yummy where can I get some? \:)/

Chin up and soldier on, everything gets better with time.
Love and <:)> <:)>
Caroline x
A day without wine is a day full of sunshine!

Ladysnoops
Last Drink Date: 08 Apr 2012

Post by Ladysnoops » 24 Mar 2011 13:49

Tetsmom,

Don't know much about Antabuse, but hopefully the side effect of tiredness will subside. At least you are not tired from having way to much to drink.........I HATE that kind of tired feeling :shock: Sending you lots of love an support. Kiss your doggies for me <:)> <:)> <:)>

Linda
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

tetsmom2
Last Drink Date: 20 Mar 2011

Post by tetsmom2 » 24 Mar 2011 15:15

Linda, you are SPOT ON about it better to be tired for a good reason than from drinking, I SO feel that way :)

Caroline, the coconut water is lovely, it has little cubes of coconut in it too, really refreshing. Not low calorie, but fewer calories than all that booze ;) I got mine from a nearby Indian cash and carry in Bradford, not sure where else you can get it. Think you can get it in some big supermarkets but prob costs a lot more. If you do a google search for 'buy coconut water' loads of stuff comes up, I suggest you do that.

Goldpartridge
Last Drink Date: 23 Mar 2011

Post by Goldpartridge » 24 Mar 2011 22:12

Hi all. Ive just joined the forum and im on day 1 of not drinking has i dont want to drink again but its scary. i did manage 56days before in 2006 but ive forgotten how i managed to get through this before. Everything sounds so weired tonight and i feel so ill, im starting to sweat & shake inside, im so thirsty so have done a good thing of drinking pure orange juice. ide go to bed but in a way im scared because has in 2006 i was seeing spiders crawling up the walls and also having nightmares. Has anyone got any suggestions of what to do. Thanks Paul

kenny

Post by kenny » 24 Mar 2011 22:29

Helo goldp. well done for joining BEs your get lots of good advice hear.. (first im sorry but my commer button aint working) I can understand what you mean by not wanting to go to bed.. but it shouldent be as bad as last time cause you know whats going on. Some people like yourself might need to see you GP first.. but if you want to do it on your own i would try to drink lots of sweet coffee and ice cold water . It worked for me. but as i said if you go this alone just remember to eat and it WILL get easyer and you WILL be ok. Use bright eyes as much as you can theres always someone about. I dont need to tell you that there are no spiders and nothing is gona hurt you. Its worth going through this now!! try and hold out and i am thinking of you... take care cause i care....kenny

Goldpartridge

Post by Goldpartridge » 24 Mar 2011 22:37

Thanks Kenny ;)?

Goldpartridge

Post by Goldpartridge » 24 Mar 2011 23:11

Thanks unicorn ;)? Glad you like my bantams :D Yeh i have had replys a ready thats BRILLIANT..!! The dreaded stuff started 20+ years ago with the odd can of Kestrel Super od nights a week then very quickley became more and more and not missing a single night. on average for the biggest part of 15 years its been 5 or 6 cans a night and od ones in the day time too. But over the last 3 years my partner has band me from haveing tha stuff has she said its EVIL. so started haveing vodka/diet coke, but over the last 6 months its gone up to a 70cl bottle a day and sumtimes more. its not just tha but at weekends i sneak it in the mornings to when i get up and im haveing it as soon has i get home from work in the evenings and betime my partner gets in from work im already half cut every monday to friday. Theres lots ov stuff to say but its just to much to list all in one go. I no im one of those that just carnt drink at all again and ive lost the right to a odd social drink with good friends because it never stops at that. Life is just so unfair. Thanks for listening

Paul

Maisey

Post by Maisey » 24 Mar 2011 23:20

You'' find plenty of support here GP. I've only been on 4 days and had many messages helping me out already. I've been drinking super strength shyte for a while and I know how you feel in that respect. I havent seen things crawling the walls but I have had panic attacks where I think the most irrational thoughts. When driving down the motorway I sometimes think gravity will fail and I will fall off the planet. How absurd is that :D

I found that taking some 'kalms' tablets has helped me and someone I know recommended something called 'rescue remedy'. It can be bought in superstores or chemists. If you do try it then I hope it works for you. Also, vitamin B but I am not sure the dose. One of the others will be able to help.

You can do it GP.

kenny

Post by kenny » 24 Mar 2011 23:26

Im glad you are doing something about your dinking Paul. You were drinking "hard" mate it would have not just made you evil as the wife said but that much alcohol will start to f**k your body up big time so well done... you need to have a realy good chat with yourself Paul. Sort out the drinking then sort out the problems that makes you drink.. This is not a race we win . but were all winners by not drinking today.. ;)? ..ken

snoopy
Last Drink Date: 02 Oct 2016

Post by snoopy » 24 Mar 2011 23:29

hi goldpartridge
welcome to site. just saw your post on newbie thread.
Life isnt fair. some people can have a drink and leave it at that. But for a lot of people here that would be a major problem.
Since being on this site I have realised that I dont want a glass of wine. I want a bottle. I want to feel the effect.
I have also realised that my life is better without drink.
I have learnt that its easier for me to not drink at all rather thanto try and moderate my drinking.
and it is less tiring than always thinking about drink and wondering where the next one is, and how to sneak it in the house, and drink it on the sly etc etc. - such hard work!
I never suffered hallucinations, but maybe this time you wont either? Why not sleep on the sofa for a bit. Keep drinking the orange juice, sweet tea and eat any thing you fancy to keep your hand/mouth/mind/craving busy. If you cant sleep there is a late lounge thread.
Just try get through next few hours and deal with tomorrow when it comes.
Good luck
snoopy.
I dont drink because my life is better without it

smudge
Last Drink Date: 02 Apr 2010

Post by smudge » 24 Mar 2011 23:54

hi Goldpartridge,

It is vitally important during detox that you do not allow yourself to get dehydrated, and also try to eat small amounts very frequently. You don't want your blood sugar level to drop too much. Both dehydration and very low blood sugar can increase your risk of fitting. For the first couple of weeks (at least), don't worry too much about what you are eating. Sugar cravings are common and not something to worry about too much in the beginning - although it is obviously preferable if the food you eat is as healthy as possible! If you start to feel really rough, or have hallucinations, you should either call 999 or call NHS Direct on 0845 4647. You might want to check out their website as well :

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en/About/CallingNHSDirect
Last edited by smudge on 25 Mar 2011 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
"I would rather be a non-drinker with the occasional desire to drink, than a drinker with the constant desire to quit."

Learn from other's mistakes, you won't live long enough to make them all by yourself.

I'm not a doctor!