Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Old SOS - Archived

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
kenny
Last Drink Date: 02 Feb 2011

Re: SOS - Post here if you need help (NO GENERAL CHAT PLEASE

Post by kenny » 27 Mar 2011 13:14

Dab wrote:just pm'd you maximus

this is not an easy path and takes practise and then more practise. We are all relearning new habits and breaking fixed habits when reaching sobriety... but you will get there mate!
take care
Dab x
;)? Very Very good post.....work this post Dab. we all should...av a pucker day......kenny
Open your eyes to a brand new day, not letting yesterday use up today,,ps..love ya liver.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » 27 Mar 2011 23:27

I am falling and can't get up!!.........did so well for a week, but today picked up a bottle of red and had half already while listening to Don Giovanni live broadcast on the radio.... I am sooo upset, since I was trying to go for abstinence... yet here I am.
I guess as Dab said practice and practice...

kenny

Post by kenny » 27 Mar 2011 23:35

Are you going to drink the other half??? if not can you tip it away and sit and talk to BEs??? dont hurt yourself . Go on tip it away. Your doing well till now so you "can" start this again hun.....Come on get up !! shake yourself down.. hears a giant <:)> from me.. Sleep if you can and dont beat yourself up.. No one said this would be easy " in fact its bloody hard aint it???. We are all hear for you so please use us.....kenny
Open your eyes to a brand new day, not letting yesterday use up today,,ps..love ya liver.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » 27 Mar 2011 23:45

Kenny thanks for the hug... you are an angel.... there is now 1/4 left of the bottle, but I have been drinking the wine watered down, so I am barely having a buzz, plus it is a 750ml bottle unlike the usual 1.5 L that I used to finish. Maybe thats progress. As long as I do not go out and pick up another bottle it will be ok.

kenny

Post by kenny » 27 Mar 2011 23:49

I dont think your gona get another bottle... i hope not cause your feel crap in the morn... you take care cause i care.

kenny

Post by kenny » 28 Mar 2011 00:11

You be good cause im wacthing you ;) .. put on some nice music and dream the rest of the night away. its just gone midnight hear and past my bed time. just give me your word your be careful hun..i dont say i care just for the sake of it ...we all care about you P. <:)> . goodnight hun....ken

Pisces

Post by Pisces » 28 Mar 2011 00:47

I did as you advised Kenny...put on movie Amadeus on surround sound..... my all time favorite..I used to blast it....now lower volume...lol

kenny

Post by kenny » 28 Mar 2011 07:58

Well done for last night Pisces.. <:)> ... hope you feel ok hun. Chat to you later i hope.....ken

san32
Last Drink Date: 25 Mar 2011

Post by san32 » 28 Mar 2011 09:03

SHIT!!! day 4 for me today... been struggling last few days anyway but was pretty skint which made it easier... PAYDAY today, been thinking about a bottle of vodka all morning!!! SOS!!!

fiz
Last Drink Date: 17 Nov 2018
First Sober Date: 18 Nov 2018

Post by fiz » 28 Mar 2011 09:12

Hi San32,

The first week is always a bit of a toughie, don't let that EAF get to you, your doing so well, Why not treat yourself with something non alcoholic with your pay, you have worked hard for that money do you really want to spend it on something you will regret, keep reading around the boards San and most of all keep posting, work through it, just take every hour or 10 mins in stages, try to distract yourself from thinking about drink, this craving will pass just like all the others, you can beat this, we are all right behind you.

Have a couple of these. <:)> <:)>
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

kenny

Post by kenny » 28 Mar 2011 09:17

DONT DO IT please dont do it.... Day 4 ??? go out and buy new trainers or do you have kids? spoil them or someone you care for.. Why make yourself ill when you can bring happyness to you or others...Be kind to yourself cos your bloody worth it... THINK hard my freind... very hard!!! ive said to others "count five things you love and enjoy when your sober....... then count five things you love or enjoy pissed....be honest and you cant... so why try. Take care please...your in your oun hands.. ;)? .....kenny

snoopy
Last Drink Date: 02 Oct 2016

Post by snoopy » 28 Mar 2011 13:16

how you doing san?
Dont take any money out with you san.
Dont go anywhere they sell booze (tough I Know).
Go online and buy yourself a pressie with the money saved so far. I got new trainers, new gym top, haircut, in first 3 weeks!!
Buy your boys a surprise - little happy faces!! and then keep eating their chocolate. Maybe go for a walk with them after school ot take them to the park - nice day here.
Try it. Be the best mum you can be x
I dont drink because my life is better without it

tetsmom2
Last Drink Date: 20 Mar 2011

Post by tetsmom2 » 28 Mar 2011 16:35

Hi guys.
Well, it's been a week for me now, with the help of Antabuse. Still very tired but not as bad so I must be getting used to it (tiredness is a side effect of the med). Don't like weekends or days off at the mo, nowt to do if I don't drink. Well, it's not that, it's that I can't chill out unless I am drinking. Can't relax. Felt like I spent most of the weekend wandering round the house aimlessly. I did sit outside with a pint of coke and and a book for a bit, that was the nearest I got to relaxing. I feel like I have to "do" something all the time, at least when I was drinking, I could veg out and stare into space. I wish i hads something that would give me that same kind of relaxed feeling. I feel stiff and tense all the time, physically and mentally. Anybody got any ideas? Can't be arsed to do owt that I have to concentrate on, no patience for learning to meditate or that kind of stuff. I want a 'quick fix' to relaxation! anybody got any suggestions???

micky1979

Post by micky1979 » 28 Mar 2011 16:40

tetsmom2 wrote:Hi guys.
Well, it's been a week for me now, with the help of Antabuse. Still very tired but not as bad so I must be getting used to it (tiredness is a side effect of the med). Don't like weekends or days off at the mo, nowt to do if I don't drink. Well, it's not that, it's that I can't chill out unless I am drinking. Can't relax. Felt like I spent most of the weekend wandering round the house aimlessly. I did sit outside with a pint of coke and and a book for a bit, that was the nearest I got to relaxing. I feel like I have to "do" something all the time, at least when I was drinking, I could veg out and stare into space. I wish i hads something that would give me that same kind of relaxed feeling. I feel stiff and tense all the time, physically and mentally. Anybody got any ideas? Can't be arsed to do owt that I have to concentrate on, no patience for learning to meditate or that kind of stuff. I want a 'quick fix' to relaxation! anybody got any suggestions???
I don't know if you have the opportunity to do so, but I love exercising especially group classes. It's, say, an hour when you don't have to think, you work out which is healthy for you and you have something to do. It gets rid of tension and releases endorphines. If you can't get to a group class go for a walk or a jog, go with someone if you can. I don't know if this is helpful, but I know it works for me.

san32
Last Drink Date: 25 Mar 2011

Post by san32 » 28 Mar 2011 16:55

thanks everyone for your words of support today... I've got this far without hitting the shops for vodka, i have bought 1 bottle of wine, which my boyfriend and i are sharing. :? I've been shopping, walked my youngest son the 3 mile to my eldest sons school and sat in the park for half hour with them... i would never have done this a few days ago. i usually put my son on a taxi home from school, he LOVED me picking him up and calling in the park to see his friends! \:)/ the sun being out has lifted my mood today! i'm pretty determined now to stay away from the vodka!!! (::)

snoopy
Last Drink Date: 02 Oct 2016

Post by snoopy » 28 Mar 2011 17:08

well done san!
I agree with mickey about the group exercise.
I always feel better after exercising, and its nice to do it in a group, and what with thinking about the routine, and the teacher shouting instruction at you all the way through, there is no room in your head to think about much else.
am off to body con class at 5.30!
I dont drink because my life is better without it

Goldpartridge
Last Drink Date: 23 Mar 2011

Post by Goldpartridge » 28 Mar 2011 17:47

san32 wrote:thanks everyone for your words of support today... I've got this far without hitting the shops for vodka, i have bought 1 bottle of wine, which my boyfriend and i are sharing. :? I've been shopping, walked my youngest son the 3 mile to my eldest sons school and sat in the park for half hour with them... i would never have done this a few days ago. i usually put my son on a taxi home from school, he LOVED me picking him up and calling in the park to see his friends! \:)/ the sun being out has lifted my mood today! i'm pretty determined now to stay away from the vodka!!! (::)

Hi san, glad you didnt buy any vodka, im new on here and on day five, struggling really bad at times and missing what i called the feeling normal, im tempted now ( REALLY TEMPTED ) but my partner is due in from work in half hr and im sure she wud leave.

Beebee
Last Drink Date: 19 Apr 2011

Post by Beebee » 28 Mar 2011 18:02

Hi GP,

You can do it! Not long till she gets back now, is there something you can do to keep your mind busy? even some housework could do it and I'm sure she'd love that! If not get some good tunes on try and keep you're mind busy, tell the EAF to take a hike!

Thinking of you,

Beebee <:)>

Goldpartridge
Last Drink Date: 23 Mar 2011

Post by Goldpartridge » 28 Mar 2011 22:23

Hi all, sorry not been on as ad to get a new BT hub for my internet, Im now cumming to the end ov day 5 which ive not gone this long since 2006, Its been really hard,very hard over these few days, my weakest moment was saturday morning and tonight wen i got in from work ov which i was tempted to drink. wud av loved just a double vodka and coke or just 1 can ov super but i no it dont just stop there. its the buzz i get just on them 1st few drinks but tha soons dissapears into a drunken state. But to be honest ive felt loads better already. i am really craveing now but i never no wot state i end up in if i have just tha 1st drink. I dont want any more fines, being on probation, suspended sentences , or even wakeing up next morning ( oh no ive wet the bed again ). So i carnt wait for 2morrow and to say ive made day 6 and this forum helps me to do that. i love to read tha sum1 else has managed another day without a drink and i hope it helps sum1 else nowing ive not had one.

Paul

kenny

Post by kenny » 28 Mar 2011 22:46

Way to go paul mate. ;)? . see i said you could do this..Get these next two days under your belt and the cravings will ease. We will always feel these cravings but thats cos were bloody alcholics....ha.Your doing well mate so keep on top my freind....kenny