Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Old SOS - Archived

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
silvergirl

Re: SOS - Post here if you need Help (No General Chat Please

Post by silvergirl » 07 Jun 2011 20:27

sls wrote:the drink is makin it worse , where do i start ???
hey sarahlou, i remember you, and i'm sorry to hear it's not going so well for you at the moment. big hugs babe. <:)>

the drink does make everything worse, could you start with ditching it? i know it sometimes seems like it's helping, but there's so many ways that it gets tangled up with our thinking that it's hard to know where to begin. stick around here, try not to worry and panic about the bigger picture at the moment, everything will sort itself out. how do you feel about chucking the booze and giving yourself some breathing space?

best wishes,
sgx
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn

Shelsey
Last Drink Date: 14 Jun 2013

Post by Shelsey » 07 Jun 2011 22:16

Enfin well done on making the appointment - we all know you are a terrific mum. Remember alcohol gives us two extra special gifts, just to help out: low self esteem and major paranoia. Also it makes us desperately apologetic and feel the need for everybody's approval. Gosh, I tell you - I feel that all the time. Basically, we all like you, we all understand and, most importantly of all, you are a great person and sod what anybody else thinks. However in this case a chance remark was meant to be kind and that old meany EAF decided to play her gift cards. We care and are your BE family x keep with us angel, you made a great step today.

Darling Saralou - you poor baby, how awful you must feel. Your looks are not to blame for your ex having a baby with somebody else, that is just life sweetheart. Plus you are looking at yourself through the eyes of alcohol and I really dont think even one of us can honestly say we haven't loathed ourselves when we were drunk. I know it is hard, but try to cut down on the drink, stop altogether if you can. Trust me, I just split with my ex and drank myself into oblivion only three weeks ago, got in trouble at work and wanted to die - hated the way I looked and blamed it all on me. But that was drinking me. I have gotten my sober head on and I know you can do the same. We are all rooting for you angel and will watch out for you all the way. Take another look in the mirror after a few days off the drink, I think it will be a pleasant surprise. Love Shelsey (aka STB in a previous sobriety) xxxxxx
Aka STB - new name, still as much trouble!
AF 2012 #32

Friends lost to alcohol:
Michael - 11/09/11 - You were a beautiful person and I will miss you so much

chrissy 101
Last Drink Date: 22 Feb 2013

Post by chrissy 101 » 07 Jun 2011 22:40

Hello everyone, today has been so hard. Why are some days like that. Just finished work and I have been craving since 7.30. I am sat her even thinking about going out to a 24 hour supermarket. Please say something to take this crazy thought from my mind. I am tired and just had words with the other half. Hes gone to bed and I know tomorrow he will say its because I wanted a drink and was acting like a child.

Chris

Jane49

Post by Jane49 » 07 Jun 2011 22:52

Hi Chris, hope you managed to resist the urge and go to the supermarket. You've done good up to now. Maybe the best place is bed and sleep, least when we sleep we can't be craving ! Best wishes to you, it's so hard sometimes. I know that I get angry sometimes when I want a drink and am fighting it. Take care x

snoopy
Last Drink Date: 02 Oct 2016

Post by snoopy » 07 Jun 2011 22:53

hi Chris
hope youu are holding out ok. Put your pj's on so you cant go out to shop. Eat some biscuits or something sweet, Watch something on catch up to take your mind off it till bedtime.
stay strong!
snoopy
I dont drink because my life is better without it

chrissy 101

Post by chrissy 101 » 07 Jun 2011 23:11

Thanks everyone. I am sat in my pj's drinking tonic water reading the threads. You all talk sense but as you all know it is difficult. I cant believe that yesterday was so easy and today is awful. A work colleague bought a bottle of Jack Daniels and even though I dont like it I was so jealous. I keep thinking if only I hadnt made the decision not to drink then my family would still be in ignorance and I could be sat her with a cool glass of wine. I wont drink tonight because you are all af tonight and I wouldnt want to let myself and you lot down. What an evil substance we have all got ourselves into. What a mess Chris
Chrissy 101 - In many cases people forget our "episodes" quicker than we do...but maybe this is the kind of "final straw" thing for you, a kind of push for you to decide whether you cut down or abstain completely. (Sandy) 1st July 2011

chrissy 101

Post by chrissy 101 » 07 Jun 2011 23:20

Yes we will Brighteye, it will be a massive achievement. Last night was easy peasy and there is no achievement in that. Who wants to be hungover and loose a full day anyway! And the guilt, no. I will stick with it, we all will. Thanks everyone <:)>
Chrissy 101 - In many cases people forget our "episodes" quicker than we do...but maybe this is the kind of "final straw" thing for you, a kind of push for you to decide whether you cut down or abstain completely. (Sandy) 1st July 2011

Shelsey
Last Drink Date: 14 Jun 2013

Post by Shelsey » 08 Jun 2011 07:14

You hang in there Chris - alcohol is a vile enemy and very insidious. Stick with us,we are cheaper, have a better effect and we don't give you a hangover in the morning!!! xxxx
Aka STB - new name, still as much trouble!
AF 2012 #32

Friends lost to alcohol:
Michael - 11/09/11 - You were a beautiful person and I will miss you so much

Beverley
Last Drink Date: 22 Jul 2010

Post by Beverley » 08 Jun 2011 07:58

Shelsey - may I second that?! (::) <:)>
Every moment is a gift - that's why it's called the present

mai

Post by mai » 08 Jun 2011 20:10

SB – having a sh!t day too girlie – be careful – there will still those problems tomorrow – but you will have a headache and maybe have arguments that wouldn’t have happened without the drink.. I know this is hard girlie, really I do, but if you can tip that bottle away and rant on here – things might get a bit easier..
Mai
xxx
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it..
Scars remind us where we’ve been. They don’t have to dictate where we’re going

caroline95

Post by caroline95 » 08 Jun 2011 20:11

I'm so sorry to hear you're in such a bad place SB.So many times you've made me smile with your funny posts in the Late Lounge.I don't know what to say about all the stuff you're having to deal with except it will pass - not much consolation at the moment though.I don't know how old your son is, but being unhappy sometimes is an unavoidable part of growing up, you can't stop it from happening, but you'll always be there for him, so don't underestimate how important that is.

Try your best to slurp some water down you inbetween the alcohol drinks to-night, you'll feel better - or at least less awful - tomorrow if you do.It might help a wee bit to get some of the sh*t off your chest, so keep posting if you're up to it. <:)>

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl » 08 Jun 2011 20:14

Digga wrote:hang on.
to your hat - tis a bit breezy in scotland the night.

gotta shoot, the spawn wants facebook and i'm too chicken to lay the parental foot down and say no.

bitch - jist dinnae, babe, jist dinnae. hugs. <:)> <:)>

sgx
~jon kabat-zinn

fiz
Last Drink Date: 17 Nov 2018
First Sober Date: 18 Nov 2018

Post by fiz » 08 Jun 2011 20:20

Selfish Bitch wrote:Well - I'm in despair. Totally and utterly in despair - my son is unhappy and there is nothing I can do, my job is stressful, my home is a wreck, and right now there is absolutely nothing that seems good anywhere in my world. It's all turned to shit. And yes, I'm drinking, because, hey, it's all that's left to me. Or maybe it's the cause, who knows. What a mess.

SB, me too hen, pissed as the proverbial. :roll: No doubt we will feel all the guilt and failure and yadda fekking yadda tomorrow but tonight, I am getting well bladdered. Take care of ya sel <:)>
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Dolphin6

Post by Dolphin6 » 08 Jun 2011 20:32

Hey SB, you're strong girl ! You been here for SO many (including me). Hang in there babes xx
Youre life is NOT shit coz guess what YOU are not shit and one don't happen without the other yeah :)
Ok so have your blast out tonight hen and do NOT feel bad in the morning or i'll whip yer ass ok ?
i SO wish i was back home in motherwell right now, not sure where you are from there, but would drive to you anyway, coz YOU are one AMAZING lady !!!

love ya gal

Dolph x x x

fiz

Post by fiz » 08 Jun 2011 20:44

Never Mind.

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl » 08 Jun 2011 20:48

you okay fiz? i'm fairly proverbial an all, so am keeping a somewhat lower profile. heh. i canna pm you though. so i'll send public hugs and a dancin smilie. <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> \:)/

much love,
sgx
Last edited by silvergirl on 08 Jun 2011 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
~jon kabat-zinn

fiz

Post by fiz » 08 Jun 2011 20:55

Selfish Bitch wrote:Hi Fiz

Put your pm on, sweetie, I'm rubbish at these open posts. Want to speak to you tonight when we are both in a tricky place.
<:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

SB

SB, I'm not in a good place right now, and I am a bit pissed off with this place too, I feel like I try to support every member on here and apart from you and a few others I get f..k all back, I crashed my car on Monday and other stuff is getting me down, (my son as well), I know it's all just an excuse to drink but right now it's what I'm doing. I will get in touch with you when I am in a better place. Thanks for you message though, you take good care of yourself and just remember you are a lovely person, your son knows your there for him.

Dolphin6

Post by Dolphin6 » 08 Jun 2011 21:01

SB check your inbox babe and what the hells your first name ? feel awful callin you SB lol

Dolphin6

Post by Dolphin6 » 08 Jun 2011 21:13

FIZ !! I'm sorry babe, i for one got side-tracked xx
PM me if you want to ? I'm here til God only knows when as i'm writing an essay but somehoe find it comforting to keep BE open, so am not far away :)

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 16 Aug 2018
First Sober Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila » 08 Jun 2011 21:50

Sending <:)> 's to you both SB and Fiz <:)> <:)>
#4 on the 2020 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.