Old SOS - Archived

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
calamity

Re: SOS - Post here if you need Help (No General Chat Please

Post by calamity »

SB fearsome lady - sorry lifes so shit for you ........... don't know if I can help at all ...... one of my lads was a troubled soul for a long long time. Its so heartbreaking <:)>

Fiz <:)> in all the time we've both been here dont think we've ever made contact ..... not sure if this helps, but have one of these <:)>

Shelsey
Last Drink Date: 14 Jun 2013

Post by Shelsey »

Hey SB and Fiz - you probably remember me as STB and we were all BE mates. I have been on the wagon 9 days now - because my job was in danger as well as my relationship with my son. You have both been there for me in the past and I am right here for you now. I know I can't say anything to stop you drinking tonight - I wouldn't have listened either, so will watch out for you tomorrow. I know you are both hurting terribly - just to say I am still your BE mate and am here for you. Am so sorry you are both having a tough time - missed my ex so much tonight (were engaged split up 2 months ago) that I would have dearly loved a drink to feel numb for a bit. Am not better than you for not drinking - but maybe it was my turn to be here for you both, as you have been for me. Love Shelsey aka STB xxxxxx
Aka STB - new name, still as much trouble!
AF 2012 #32

Friends lost to alcohol:
Michael - 11/09/11 - You were a beautiful person and I will miss you so much

mai

Post by mai »

Hi Fiz - sorry you are feeling low tonight, the moon must be playing up with our heads.. A car crash on Monday – hope you weren’t hurt, having the shock of a crash is awful.. Sons can be a handful can’t they.. Mine is 13 and gives me a good run for my money most days.. SB and Fiz, I hope tomorrow you will feel better – if at all possible, have some water and something to eat now to soak it all up.. You are both supportive and friendly to so many of us, it is hard to see you having a blip.. But a blip is all it is.. Looking forward to seeing your avatars popping up, you will be able to read all the support that you have, all the people who do look out for you..
Be kind to yourselves <:)>
Mai
xxx
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it..
Scars remind us where we’ve been. They don’t have to dictate where we’re going

Enfin

Post by Enfin »

Hi everyone,

Should I post an sos or not, hmm, surely everyone is sick of me here.

But as you all know I have done often, when the abyss within is just unbearable.

What I don't get, is how everyone says just put down the drink, have a glass of water, go to bed etc, when people obviously have a need to talk about things in depth.

Can we not direct people to particular threads ie: cutting down slowly, when the other half drinks, depression, eating disorders, withdrawal etc.

Of course sos is just a bandaid thread, but maybe not everyone knows there are specifc threads where they can write 3 pages and be understood by someone in the same situation. Talking is good, but talking to others who "know" is better.

I dunno, but I get the feeling everyone who sos's here is just told to stop drinking when they probably really need to talk instead. Instead of saying stop it - can't we just say I'll meet you there in whatever specific thread is needed ?

Cries for help are for people who wanna talk - and as long as I've been around here they usually go offline shortly after.

Just a thought, don't mind me....
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. ( Nelson Mandela )

thewho
Last Drink Date: 04 Aug 2015

Post by thewho »

enfin \:)/ <:)> no chance of getting sick of you mate.....

sb and fiz, sorry to hear things are great for either of you..... and that I'm only catching up now. Hope today is not too bad for either of you...

Enfin

Post by Enfin »

Wasn't talking about me then !
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. ( Nelson Mandela )

Enfin

Post by Enfin »

So the whole point of my comment was to direct others to a safe place to discuss their personal issues in a specific thread, where people share common concerns. Isn't that what a lot of us need ? - the bandaid approach works for one night, maybe just if, but I kinda feel that we should help each other find our niche in this forum - there's so much to be offered, and we're not as alone as we think we are in our issues.
Just seems to me everyone has a "blurt" here and then it's forgotten.l
I can tell you if sos was the only thread available I would never have come back.
One post, then 10 mins later someone else does, and you're forgotten.
So what's wrong with picking up on what needs to be discussed and then meeting on a specific forum ? The amount of times I've read this thread, and heard the same old story is not funny....

EstelleJ

Post by EstelleJ »

Enfin,

Methinks you are right and perhaps the way to respond is to redirect to other threads based (roughly) on the problems posted within the SOS.

I can see why this thread is kept solely as an SOS as that keeps it clear of any other discussions and losing its prime importance.

Anyway, I am a fan of yours.

E

thewho
Last Drink Date: 04 Aug 2015

Post by thewho »

enfin

I know what you meant, sorry, I probably didnt express myself proper like..... And I agree!

thewho

zammo
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2011

Post by zammo »

Hi i really need help i think i have messed up and not sure if i am able to recover from my last binge think i have gone too far and my health is suffering as my kids listen to music unaware that i sit here thinking i have gone too far i had loads of codine after drinking a bottle of whisky and drinking for 24 hours why do i do these things why cant i be a normal 40 year old dad not sure if i will survive long enouch to turn it round.
Every sinner has a future every saint has a past for those i love i will sacrifice.

EstelleJ

Post by EstelleJ »

Zammo,

Just putting out the hand of friendship to you. There are some good people here who have far more experience than me and I suggest that you be ready for advice to move to another thread, where you can be supported every day, and you will be.

You can recover from alcohol addiction and the first step is getting help so you are on your way.

EstelleJ

Post by EstelleJ »

Are you saying you have taken a lot of codeine as well as whiskey to the point your life is in danger?

If so, you need to get yourself to hospital smartly.

If not, then wait for advice from others who will give you support.

zammo

Post by zammo »

cant really remember maybe 4 or 5 tablets but cant be sure can remember taking them but not the amount
Every sinner has a future every saint has a past for those i love i will sacrifice.

zammo

Post by zammo »

the codine i had was last night but my last drink was at four this morning but i know i have gone too far this time been to aa had the counceling still cant shake this monkey off my back some people never do thats why they die.

Shelsey
Last Drink Date: 14 Jun 2013

Post by Shelsey »

Zammo - I am no Expert but I think you should be ok if it WAS 4 or 5. Can you get rid of the rest though. You sound like you are in blind panic and of course you want to be a good dad - guess what you CAN. Your monkey is the booze and that has to go. It will kill you and all of us if we do not stop. I am on 10 days today and am having to be careful ATM. But you can do it. You really can. Have you been to the docs, cos you will need q check up. They will give you something to help with the withdrawal and we will be here for moral support - chin up sweetie. You are not alone, we understand And you have taken step 1 towards being the dad you really want to be! Sx
Aka STB - new name, still as much trouble!
AF 2012 #32

Friends lost to alcohol:
Michael - 11/09/11 - You were a beautiful person and I will miss you so much

zammo

Post by zammo »

Thanks Shelsey what a nice post hope your right though been to the docs loads of times tryed antibuse but didnt work and i dont have the willpower to do it on my own but i will keep trying this site helps i know its not safe to go cold turkey but i cant drink again just cant take that risk anymore i cant be trusted.

Positive Attitude

Post by Positive Attitude »

Zammo
you CAN do this believe me. 6 months ago I managed to wean myself off a huge codeine dependency and then when I had given my body time to adjust I went cold turkey with the booze. Take a good look around the forum ...glean every bit of information you can. ... and post and post and post
The help will come
Love & Prayers
Kathy

EstelleJ

Post by EstelleJ »

Zammo,

Do what the others tell you, because codeine can stay in the system.

We are not allowed to criticise other means of alcohol recovery so I choose my words with care. AA's base is that you NEVER recover completely and will always be an alcoholic.

If you read for example Stanton Peele, he will tell you that most alcoholics do recover completely and those are the one's who are not included in any statistics. I like his arguments and they make sense to me.

This forum is helpful to me as long as I have time to check in and have had a lot on my plate recently. However, I am back and determined.

So come on, you can do it and stick with it here.

If you are only 40 years and have children, you have every reason to be strong.

Ms Kay

Post by Ms Kay »

zammo wrote: i know its not safe to go cold turkey but i cant drink again just cant take that risk anymore i cant be trusted.
Hi zammo
I spotted a new detoxing safely thread opened up yesterday somewhere
Maybe someone who's had a rough detox could direct zammo over there and offer some support ?

You can crack it mate
Taking my life back.
http://anxietyisnottheendoftheworld.blogspot.com/

AceGricer

Post by AceGricer »

Enfin
No problem if you want to put a long post on BE about how you feel and want a good exchange of ideas etc. Just post on the Road to Abstinence, that most helpful of threads, and I'll look out for you as I know will other folks and we'll get back.
Ace