Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

SOS - Post here if you need help (No General Chat Please)

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Re: SOS - Post here if you need help (No General Chat Please

Post by Topcat » 12 May 2012 17:52

Sorry about that, but drinking isn't going to improve things is it? It'll just make it all a lot worse.
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Twinkle
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-2012

Post by Twinkle » 12 May 2012 17:58

Given in to the sod it button again! Sh*t!
Change your behaviours and your feelings will follow.

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 12 May 2012 17:59

Do you want to talk about it? That often helps.
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Twinkle

Post by Twinkle » 12 May 2012 18:03

I've messed up now/again TC! I use alcohol as a crutch why can't I be like normal ppl and just deal with it? X

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 12 May 2012 18:05

Whatever the problem is, can it be worth putting your health and well being at risk like this?
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Twinkle

Post by Twinkle » 12 May 2012 18:08

No it's not worth it but it's the only way I know how to deal with it. I need to learn another way. I'm gonna make something to eat and stop! X

caroline95

Post by caroline95 » 12 May 2012 18:09

Sorry to hear you're both struggling to-night Twinkle and MissNico <:)>

Try - if you can - to limit the damage at least, drink water as well as booze, stop as soon as you possibly can.Maybe re-read your old posts?

I know all this is easier said than done when you've pressed that button though :(

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 12 May 2012 18:11

Twinkle, good for you. It's a lot harder and less attractive to drink on a full stomach. Well done <:)> <:)>

Missnico, how are you?

Sorry Caroline - we crossed
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Twinkle

Post by Twinkle » 12 May 2012 18:15

I always find if I eat I don't want anymore to drink so I'll just force myself to eat! Thankyou TC x
Hope you're ok nico xxx

caroline95

Post by caroline95 » 12 May 2012 18:24

Good for you, Twinkle (::)

Eating always works for me, too - the H.A.L.T. thing I suppose - never let yourself get Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired, they're all massive triggers.

I hope you're ok MissNico, keep posting if it helps.

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 12 May 2012 18:38

You're not stupid. That is a hell of a lot to take missnico. However, that said, drink is just going to make it seem a lot worse and you won't benefit from quality sleep either. Have you had anything to eat? Could you try?
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Twinkle

Post by Twinkle » 12 May 2012 18:47

Bless you nico my thoughts are with you. I have a friend who has been through similar traumas and it makes me think why the f**k do I drink I've not had a great life but...........I am the one who is weak not you babe you're strong you're still here! Lots of love <:)>

Twinkle

Post by Twinkle » 12 May 2012 19:12

caroline95 wrote:Good for you, Twinkle (::)

Eating always works for me, too - the H.A.L.T. thing I suppose - never let yourself get Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired, they're all massive triggers.

I hope you're ok MissNico, keep posting if it helps.
Caroline - HALT is all my triggers I don't know how to get out of the lOnely aspect tho x

Twinkle

Post by Twinkle » 12 May 2012 19:30

Omg still haven't eaten 3 more beers consumed that makes it 7 so gonna hate myself tomorrow

PandaGirl
Last Drink Date: 31 Jan 2014

Post by PandaGirl » 12 May 2012 20:01

Nico, Twinkle, <:)> and sorry to hear you're both having a tough time tonight.

Tomorrow is another day, I never used to believe my dad when he would say it will all look different in the morning but quite often it does.
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby

Twinkle

Post by Twinkle » 12 May 2012 20:18

I can remember my dad saying to me 6 yrs ago "you're going down the same road as me" and I felt annoyed cos I was having a gd time after many yrs of being stable! He was an alcoholic himself and died 3 yrs ago, now I know where he was coming from and not trying to spoil my fun! I wish I'd listened to him x

pixie
Last Drink Date: 23 Mar 2012

Post by pixie » 12 May 2012 20:43

Hey Twinkle and Miss Nico <:)>

When I had slips in the past they used to continue e.g. I'd drink the next day. Then I watched a guy doing his online diary about stopping.

His advice to people who were slipping was what others saying above, get food, get to bed, watch TV, anything really to try and stop. Not to beat yourself up and keep going for days. And the next day, just try to keep stopped while looking at the triggers that got you drinking. If you don't stop tonight, start the stopping again in the morning. It was a revelation to me, as I'd used to just continue (others may have realised you can try and stop and not beat yourself up for it.. not me).

MissNico.. that's a lot to deal with, you need to look after yourself if you can (try to not drink). Hope you both can try and get some rest and see how things are in the morning. <:)>
" ... the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision...which no man could have dreamt would have come his way." W.H. Murray

loosebanana

Post by loosebanana » 13 May 2012 01:08

I am suffering, didn't realise I had run out of my prescription yesterday, and didn't realise how much they were helping me stay calm.

I'm climbing the walls, past few weeks I have been asleep by 1am latest.

I don't want to go to bed because my mind is racing and I don't want the nightmares I was having.

Not sure what to do.

I have been so religious with taking my meds the past few weeks and just didn't realise, I have enough B vit pills for an army but am out of the other ones.

I think I will just have to stay up, I haven't eaten, just been wired all day, and drank to offset that, not much, but more than normal.

I don't feel tired I don't feel anything, and the nasty thoughts are entering my head. Just going to have to hope it passes and that tiredness will come.

One thing is for sure now, the tablets have been helping me.

:-(
<insert pathos here>

behindblueeyes
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2012

Post by behindblueeyes » 13 May 2012 01:28

hey lb.....not sure that I'm much good to you but I'm here!!

HALT is something I've seen folks mention....I certainly know that not eating doesn't help me....can you get something to eat at least...??

And damage limitation is another....drinking water, tea...anything that's not alcohol....so that you don't feel truly awful tomorrow....

Hang in there - and get the tablets sorted in the morning....? <:)>
Dance like no-one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no-one is listening, live like it's heaven on earth.

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip » 13 May 2012 01:37

Hi LB,

Apart from the obvious, is there any problem running out of your meds - like any potentially dangerous side-effects? If so or you're not sure then a chat with NHS Direct would be a good idea.

I can understand you not wanting to sleep because of nightmares but it is important to try to get the old brain calmed down a bit if you can and rest. Lying down is a good idea even if you can't sleep.

One thing i've found very useful is listening to heavy rain. I just tried posting a Youtube link but me iPad won't do it. If you google texas thunderstorm you will find a 60 minute recording by 'yogaduke' of heavy rain and the odd bit of thunder - not too loud or disturbing. This can be very soothing. It works best with headphones. There are patterns in the rainfall to listen to but they are random enough not to fire your thoughts up. Why not give it a go? If your brain starts thinking about other things just gently focus on the rain again. Gently being the important bit. Please don't get cross with yourself.

I'd certainly go for listening to something rather than watching TV or spending too long on the computer. Obviously, posting and reading here can help but try keeping it to short sessions rather than trawling constantly around the forum.

Dave
Last edited by Grendelslip on 13 May 2012 02:01, edited 1 time in total.