SOS - Post here if you need help (No General Chat Please)

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
ScarletB

Re: SOS - Post here if you need help (No General Chat Please)

Post by ScarletB »

Welcome to those who are new to posting. Cheers to reaching out. If you stay connected, I promise you will become more self-aware and stronger. I cannot promise you will get sober. I am still facing that challenge myself, but since joining BE a few months ago, I am healthier physically and mentally, and I've had more and more sober days. You are in a safe and supportive place to start your journey to a better life.

Sarah12
Last Drink Date: 11 Jan 2016

Post by Sarah12 »

QueenBee wrote:
Ok this is not good.

Are you out there QB. I have been thinking of you and your baby... how are you faring lovely?

A big welcome too to all those who have joined us recently... I hope we can help you find the road out of alcoholic misery.

X
The ONLY thing that stands in our way of sobriety, is ourselves.

Sala

Post by Sala »

I managed 21 days alcohol free in January and since then it's all gone down hill.....I need to stop,cut down do something I feel horrible!!! I'm not sure where the will power came from earlier in the year but it went as quick as it came! I wake up every day feeling bad, having not slept well and determined, then it all goes out the window as the day goes on!!! I no I need support but I won't go to an AA group.....

Shadowlad
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2012

Post by Shadowlad »

Hello Sala,

I must admit that this is much easier with support. We are all unique so what works for one person may not work for another. Some people find AA helpful and others don't for different reasons. Well done on managing to stay sober for most of January. If this feels overwhelming perhaps you could just shrink it all down to bite size pieces. Can you make a plan for tomorrow for instance and take it step by step ? Maybe joining the 7 day challenge may help where you will have the support of others in the same position. Whatever you decide there will be encouragement and support here to help you on your way to recovery.

I wish you well,

Nicky x
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Dennis P. Kimbro

QueenBee

Post by QueenBee »

Sarah12 wrote:
QueenBee wrote:
Ok this is not good.

Are you out there QB. I have been thinking of you and your baby... how are you faring lovely?

A big welcome too to all those who have joined us recently... I hope we can help you find the road out of alcoholic misery.

X
Hi.

Still here but still drinking too much. I know I need to stop but can't.

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Post by Lush4life »

QueenBee wrote:
Sarah12 wrote:
QueenBee wrote:
Ok this is not good.

X
Hi.

Still here but still drinking too much. I know I need to stop but can't.
Morning QB, can you get help from your GP ?
I could not have done this without that help, I had to fight for it but it made a big difference with my success so far.
Is there any local support for you , even a phone chat with someone is a good start.
Take care , Kim ;)?
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

Sarah12
Last Drink Date: 11 Jan 2016

Post by Sarah12 »

QB....

How much are you drinking.

Have you asked for help in this?

X
The ONLY thing that stands in our way of sobriety, is ourselves.

QueenBee

Post by QueenBee »

Hi all. I need support. I can't go to GP. Long story but alcohol abuse must not be noted. I'm drinking about 3 bottles of wine night. I think i need to cut down gradually before cutting out completely. What are you thoughts guys & gals? QB x

faith2be
Last Drink Date: 06 Nov 2018

Post by faith2be »

QB <:)>
Well done coming back to BE!
Am rushing here but wanted to respond.
Yes gradual reduction is advisable. But wine tapers are very hard.
If you Google HAMS site or beer taper there is a very good article.
Or on BE - detoxing safely thread.

Low alcohol percent is easier to control. I tried to reduce with wine but it always ended in another binge..
Good luck and please stick around
Faith <:)>
Definition of recovery:
1) "a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength"
2) "the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost"

QueenBee

Post by QueenBee »

faith2be wrote:QB <:)>
Well done coming back to BE!
Am rushing here but wanted to respond.
Yes gradual reduction is advisable. But wine tapers are very hard.
If you Google HAMS site or beer taper there is a very good article.
Or on BE - detoxing safely thread.

Low alcohol percent is easier to control. I tried to reduce with wine but it always ended in another binge..
Good luck and please stick around
Faith <:)>
Thank you Faith. Very interesting read. Will give it a try.
QB

Sandy 77

. Feel like I can't breathe unless I drink. Please help

Post by Sandy 77 »

I don't really know how to use this site. I have a issue with alcohol and don't know how to deal with it anymore. I feel like I can't get a breath unless I'm drinking and feel like I'm choking. It's making me so sad. Anyone who can speak to me would be good. Feel so alone

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Re: . Feel like I can't breathe unless I drink. Please help

Post by Lush4life »

Sandy 77 wrote:I don't really know how to use this site. I have a issue with alcohol and don't know how to deal with it anymore. I feel like I can't get a breath unless I'm drinking and feel like I'm choking. It's making me so sad. Anyone who can speak to me would be good. Feel so alone
Hello sandy you won't be alone here <:)>
Try posting on the 7 day thread and new members also , am so sorry I have to be quick but am babysitting ATM but someone else will soon be along ;)?
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

joholdbrook
Last Drink Date: 07 Dec 2014

Post by joholdbrook »

Sandy your not alone

This site will give you lots of help you obviously think you have a problem as you have found this site have a look around the site there is so much to read try the 7 day thread this is for people who are in there first 7 days you will get lots of encouragement

I understand you feel sad it's part and parcel of alcohol tell me more xxx
Je suis prest

CloverCat

Post by CloverCat »

Hi Sandy, welcome to BE, as Lush said, you're not alone here. We're a friendly & supportive bunch. Have a good read around & post wherever you feel comfortable. If you've been drinking heavily or consistently for a while it would be advisable to go & see your GP if you can, there is lots of help & support available.

You've taken the first huge step to sorting this out by admitting to yourself that you're not happy with your drinking, hope to see you around & have a <:)> from me :)

Klair

Post by Klair »

Please could anyone advise me on how to deal with my daughters alcoholic father.. We are not together but he is making our lives quite difficult and I don't know where I can go for help..

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad »

Hello Klair,

I'm sorry for your difficult situation with your daughter's father. Do you think he wants help and if so maybe he could look at this forum ?

It must be difficult for you both if he is not ready to deal with his alcohol problem. There are organisations like al anon (UK) https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 7726,d.ZGg

Al-Anon provides understanding help and support for family/friends of alcoholics. The above link is UK based as unsure where abouts you are located.

I hope this helps and i wish you well,

Nicky x

Dennis P. Kimbro

MamaWobble

Post by MamaWobble »

Hi all,

Not sure I'm posting correctly but having a go. I'm back on day one again, feels like groundhog day and so angry and disappointed at myself. I have been to my GP and have had bloods done, I'm so sick and tired of alcohol ruling my life. Can anyone tell me when it gets easier? Does it get easier? I can't imagine my life without alcohol and its all pretty scary stuff. Thanks for reading

MW x

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad »

Hello MamaWobble :)

Would just like to welcome you to the forum. I remember the groundhog day feeling very well, it is frustrating and demoralising when we feel stuck on that hamster wheel. It does eventually get easier, but we have to challenge our own thinking and beliefs first in order to move forward. It feels scary a life without alcohol when it has been a part of our life for so long. That is only natural. That doesn't mean that life IS going to be scary without alcohol though. It might be easier to think of it in terms of 'no alcohol just for this day in hand' rather than a life without alcohol. Those days do add up if we are not thinking too far ahead. Also there is plenty of support and encouragement here day by day, and it is so worth it to stick at it until it becomes easier, as it always does with time ;)?

I wish you well,

Nicky x

Dennis P. Kimbro

MamaWobble

Post by MamaWobble »

:) thanks Nicky, I almost want to be able to go to bed and wake up 6 weeks later. Totally not viable with my job. It frustrates me so much, my professional persona at work just disappears and I upset and hurt my family x

caroline95

Post by caroline95 »

Hi MW, welcome to BE.I think everyone feels scared at first, change is scary, but it definitely does get easier once you've got a few days sober under your belt.There's lots of advice support and information here to help you on your way.The 'Essential Reading From Our Archive' section is a good place to start, especially the article on How to Stop Drinking Alcohol.

Maybe you could have a go at the 7 Day sobriety challenge, it really does help to know there are others out there facing similar fears and trying to change things for the better instead of going through the same groundhog day time and again alone.

Best of luck, have a good look around the different threads and post wherever feels comfy.If there's anything you're not sure about, just ask <:)>