Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

SOS - Post here if you need help (No General Chat Please)

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Rollercoaster
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-2015
First Sober Date: 19 Feb 2017

Re: SOS - Post here if you need help (No General Chat Please)

Post by Rollercoaster » 19 Feb 2017 13:11

Thank you both Ireally appreciate your support and wisdom.
You know what I am going through and just having people who understand the curse of this addiction and the dreadful consequences it brings the shame, hurt, embarrassment and loathing.
I have to try, not just try really try. I keep thinking I'll miss drinking good wine but it's not making me happy! It's making my life miserable and resentful. If you can do it then I can too <:)> I need friends around me who will support me and totally understand what I'm going through.
At the moment I'm really up against it in every area of my life plus the drink! I feel I have the world on my shoulders! Also my rotten relationship doesn't help either. I've blown my money so bills won't be paid, so irresponsible and crazy! I'm normally very careful where money is concerned. I've added further pressure to my situation!
Tomorrow can only get better without drink and thats what I must remember!

Must sleep haven't slept for two days!

Take care and thank you so much \:)/ <:)> <:)>
REMEMBER I AM NOT A FAILURE. I AM A SURVIVOR OF MANY BATTLES.....WALKING TO VICTORY!

Sue C

Post by Sue C » 19 Feb 2017 21:20

Rollercoaster,
I'm just catching up here and reading your posts. Your second post sounds so much more determined than your first post, so well done! I think you've got the makings of a plan there. Everybody on this site knows exactly what you're going through. Everyone will support you and no-one will judge you. Just keep posting, sharing feelings, asking questions, venting rage - whatever you need to do. It really is a one-day-at-a-time thing. Have a good sleep. And don't panic about not sleeping. Rest is good. When you're ready, how about taking a look at the 7-day challenge and reading around there? Step in when you're ready because Day One is a great place to be - it says you've started to change your life.

love Sue xx

Rollercoaster

Post by Rollercoaster » 19 Feb 2017 22:46

Thank you Sue for your kind words. Yes I may look at the 7 day challenge! I did it before and got to 7 weeks.
Yes I must stay with people who are going through the same cycle and raw emotions.
It's time to take control of this wretched evil poison and send it packing.

Night <:)>
REMEMBER I AM NOT A FAILURE. I AM A SURVIVOR OF MANY BATTLES.....WALKING TO VICTORY!

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy » 25 Feb 2017 14:29

Hi RC. I hear what you are saying. Stay in touch. There are very many people in these parts who will offer their support and encouragement - not to mention friendship - through what we all know it a very difficult time. Cowboy.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Rollercoaster

Post by Rollercoaster » 25 Feb 2017 16:41

Thank you Cowboy really appreciate your kind words x <:)>
It's been a week since having the wretched demon and feeling better each day... oneday at a time!

Shadowlad
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2012

Post by Shadowlad » 25 Feb 2017 16:58

Hi Rollercoaster, i think we once chatted on the phone through a mutual friend ? I just wanted to say well done for getting through the first week and as Cowboy says there is plenty of help, encouragement and friendship here. We just have to stick around and use it. Obviously the motivation has to come from ourselves, but it is the best work we will ever do, and the most important by far. So well done and it is good to see you :)

Nicky xx
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Dennis P. Kimbro

Rollercoaster

Post by Rollercoaster » 25 Feb 2017 17:43

Thank you Shadowland <:)>

joholdbrook
Last Drink Date: 07 Dec 2014

Post by joholdbrook » 25 Feb 2017 18:17

Hey rc

Iv been where you are and worse I never thought I'd ever get off booze iv been nearly sectioned arrested I. Court in police stations in terribly dangerous situations many times but then I had enough of being sick and tired daily the anxiety the pure hell so lean on us all talk to us we will help you jump on different threads if you wobble for help these people helped me so much it's unreal I'm now sober just over 2 years xxx
Je suis prest

Rollercoaster

Post by Rollercoaster » 25 Feb 2017 18:44

Thank you Joholdbrook yes It's one day at a time!
Last weekend was a real shocker, I was self medicating to kill myself, total self destruction!
But a week on I am sober and at the moment in bed with my dogs around me and actually enjoying being free of alcohol, no hangover or guilt or embarrassment or shame! It makes me shudder to think of last weekend. I feel safe and that's how I always want to remain! <:)>

joholdbrook

Post by joholdbrook » 25 Feb 2017 19:24

Rc that's good to hear what a difference a week makes well imagine after your first year it's really achievable but as you say one day at a time be good to yourself cuddle up with your dogs and anytime your in trouble please message me or anyone hugs xxxx
Je suis prest

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 26 Feb 2017 15:16

Hi Martha :)

You sound very anxious, which goes hand in hand with a heavy drinking bout. I remember it well and i hope to reassure you and help you feel less worried and more in control of your thoughts. The most important thing to hold onto is that this awful feeling IS going to pass, if you can stay away from alcohol just for today. Try not to panic or think too far ahead. Stay close to BE and post as much as you want, and then you won't be alone in monitoring your health today. If you are at all worried about anything else then remember NHS 111 is a good first place to call. Good for you in reaching out, thats what BE is here for xx

Dennis P. Kimbro

CloverCat

Post by CloverCat » 26 Feb 2017 15:54

Hi Martha, Shadowlad is right, try not to think too far ahead, just focus on today, take it hour by hour if you have to. You said you want to numb your thoughts, is there anything else you can do to distract yourself? Take time to cook a nice meal, do a jigsaw, anything which isn't too taxing, but which will take your mind off drinking.

Stay close, you're not alone xx

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 26 Feb 2017 21:37

Martha I hope you are ok. We were on the threads together back in January. I know how you are felling today - I had gotten myself into a right state recently where each day was progressively worse than the one before. I was panicking and thinking 'I can't to this, I can't stop'. Yesterday morning I honestly didnt know how I was going to get through the day but then I posted on BE and some lovely people gave me support, reassurance and really good advice. Today has been much better - it's really amazing what a difference 24 hours can make - what I'm trying to say is it will get better, and like Shadowland says, it will pass. Hang in there and keep posting if you can, there is so much support for you here.
Felix

ScarletB

Post by ScarletB » 27 Feb 2017 15:25

Hi Martha, Felix and Shadow,

Martha, I am in a similar place this morning. You provided such kind support to me when I was on the 7 day challenge a month or so ago. I hope you read the previous posts and are feeling more optimistic today.

I drank a lot this weekend with my OH. It started nice weather and both of us having a day off. But I carried it through the entire weekend and cannot drink today because I have work later. I am anxious even though I know I have nothing real to be anxious about. I actually accomplished a lot over the weekend, but sleep was awful. I know it's the alcohol withdrawal that is making me feel this way so I am trying to stay positive. I know it will pass for me and I know it will pass for you.

My plan is to stay hydrated, accomplish a few small tasks before work, and eat nourishing foods. AND stay connected. Best wishes all.

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 27 Feb 2017 16:44

Hello there Martha, Clovercat, Felix and Scarlet :)

Good idea to keep well hydrated Scarlet, and eat regularly if you can to get your energy levels up. When i used to drink like that it played havoc with my nervous system and everything felt out of sync, both physical and mental. The trouble is it only gets worse over time and the binges can get closer together, and longer, leading to worse withdrawals. That happened to me eventually and the nightmares are worse than the general anxiety, and so is vomiting when you are trying top keep alcohol down to ease all the discomfort. We really don't think we will get that bad, but the good thing about BE is that you don't have to if you can stop or reduce consumption in time :)

Like the others i was just wondering how you are today Martha ? I hope you are alright <:)>

Take care everyone xx

Dennis P. Kimbro

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 28 Feb 2017 20:43

Hi Martha :) Well done for your day one. That must have took a lot of strength and determination to struggle into work. Try and get plenty of rest tonight and do reach out any time you need some moral support.

Take care xx

Dennis P. Kimbro

ScarletB

Post by ScarletB » 28 Feb 2017 21:16

Hi Martha. Excellent job getting to work. It shows that you are dedicated and you care about your employment and fellow employees. I suggest making a plan before work is over for how you might handle the temptations in the evening. And, yes, REST! Rest makes everything clearer. Best wishes!

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 01 Mar 2017 06:51

Martha, good to see you are still with us and have posted again. I think we may be in a similar place having gone through a shocking Day 1 yesterday. I didn't make my work, which only adds to my worries, so well done to you and for making it through the day. I'm not posting on the challenges at the moment because I'm finding them too daunting but the other threads are just as good with so much support and kindness from members. Hopefully see you posting around too. Take care today.
Felix

joholdbrook

Post by joholdbrook » 01 Mar 2017 20:50

*Felix* wrote:Martha, good to see you are still with us and have posted again. I think we may be in a similar place having gone through a shocking Day 1 yesterday. I didn't make my work, which only adds to my worries, so well done to you and for making it through the day. I'm not posting on the challenges at the moment because I'm finding them too daunting but the other threads are just as good with so much support and kindness from members. Hopefully see you posting around too. Take care today.
Felix
Felix your here that's all that matters and willing to battle through
I found when I reached rock rock bottom it was either sink or swim time my life was a complete mess it was literally do or die time
These people on here got me through the roughest time of my life lean on us all it don't matter where you post go where your happy
Take your time don't think to far ahead hourly remember them cravings do pass and each day you get stronger to ignore them they go xxx
Je suis prest

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 03 Mar 2017 07:28

Thank you for taking the time to post JoholdBrook. I'm doing much better and it is all thanks to being here on BE. The advice and support from others is truely quite amazing, and humbling, and I would say to others who find they are struggling - stick in there and keep posting, you will be helped through.Thanks again, to everyone.