Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Ideas / Improvements / Requests for the Forum

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
joebe
Last Drink Date: 24 Feb 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Feb 2018

Re: Ideas / Improvements / Requests for the Forum

Post by joebe » 11 Mar 2018 14:05

Hi,
I am doing well and not had a drink for a couple of weeks, thanks to those who have given me support, this site has helped a lot especially reading through how other people have coped.

Now I am compos mentis I have posted a couple of times offering support to other people and mentioning some of my past experience.
For some reason my posts have been removed, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to write personal things to hopefully help others, is there any reason or is this a cliquey site that only allows certain people to speak.

It is a shame as I believed this site to be helpful and didn't realise someone is censoring my deepest feelings, this I find sickening so I will find help elsewhere.

Joeb

Jjjj of Old

Post by Jjjj of Old » 11 Mar 2018 14:26

Hi Joebe,

I am really sorry to hear this. As a mod, I have heard no reason why any of your posts should have been removed. I've had a very quick look at the technical, behind-the-scenes stuff and I can find no record of any of your posts having been removed. However, I will ask the rest of the mod team.

I sincerely think that if posts have gone astray, this can only have been because of some kind of technical glitch. If so, many apologies and we'll try to locate the glitch and correct it.

Do you remember which threads these posts were on and, if possible, roughly when they were posted?. That would help us to look into the problem. Feel free to PM either me, or any of the other mods, with any details you have - these could be useful.

Again, apologies for any inconvenience. I sincerely do not think these posts have been removed deliberately, and I can see no trace of them having been deleted even by accident.

We'll do whatever we can to put the problem right.

Very best wishes,
Mark
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10

SueDenim
Last Drink Date: 28 Aug 2017
First Sober Date: 29 Aug 2017

Post by SueDenim » 11 Mar 2018 14:28

Hi Joe

It's good to hear that you are doing well.

Are you sure that your posts are missing? I am not aware of censorship on this site, but I may be mistaken - can't say I've ever seen or heard of it, though. If you click on your user name at the top right, you will get a drop-down list that includes 'profile'. Click on that, and you will see an option to search your posts. They should all be in there, but if you are aware that any are missing, maybe PM a moderator, and they should be able to explain.

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2015

Post by Lush4life » 11 Mar 2018 14:54

joebe wrote:Hi,
I am doing well and not had a drink for a couple of weeks, thanks to those who have given me support, this site has helped a lot especially reading through how other people have coped.

Now I am compos mentis I have posted a couple of times offering support to other people and mentioning some of my past experience.
For some reason my posts have been removed, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to write personal things to hopefully help others, is there any reason or is this a cliquey site that only allows certain people to speak.

It is a shame as I believed this site to be helpful and didn't realise someone is censoring my deepest feelings, this I find sickening so I will find help elsewhere.

Joeb
That's a shame, not sure what's gone on .
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

Horse
Last Drink Date: 09 Jun 2018

Post by Horse » 12 Mar 2018 15:41

Just a thought Joeb, if you are still here.
If someone else posts on the thread whilst you are writing your own post, when you hit the submit button it doesn't actually submit your post, but shows the latest post and you have to hit the submit button a second time. If you are on an iPad the post you are writing can be hidden off the screen and you have to scroll down to it. When I first started to post I 'fired a couple of blanks', having thought I had posted when in fact I hadn't.
Is this possibly what happened to you Joe?

Tobin
Site Admin

Post by Tobin » 12 Mar 2018 15:57

joebe wrote:

Hi Joebe

I can confirm what our Moderator Jjjj of Old (Mark) has reported - I have looked through the logs (which list every action carried out on this forum), and none of your posts have been deleted. Perhaps there was a connection issue as you were submitting your post?

I hope you are reassured at least.

joebe
Last Drink Date: 24 Feb 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Feb 2018

Post by joebe » 12 Mar 2018 17:59

If that is the case then it is my mistake and I apologise sincerely.
It appears I am not doing as well as I thought if I can get so uptight and obnoxious so quickly.
What can i say....sorry folks and keep up the good work.

Joe

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 12 Mar 2018 19:01

joebe wrote:If that is the case then it is my mistake and I apologise sincerely.
It appears I am not doing as well as I thought if I can get so uptight and obnoxious so quickly.

Joe
That's good that you came back ;)?
How are you doing ?
In my part of blighty it's chucking it down , so am ensconced in front of woodburner sipping tea , eating chocolate and watching "Meet the Fockers" :D

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 12 Mar 2018 20:20

Pork wrote:
Lush4life wrote:
joebe wrote:If that is the case then it is my mistake and I apologise sincerely.

Joe
That's good that you came back ;)?
How are you doing ?
In my part of blighty it's chucking it down , so am ensconced in front of woodburner sipping tea , eating chocolate and watching "Meet the Fockers" :D
No need to be sorry joe. Wouldn’t be here if didn’t need help.

I saw meet the fockers at flicks. It came out wrong at the till though :roll:
:lol:

Jjjj of Old

Post by Jjjj of Old » 14 Mar 2018 13:39

Good to see you back, Joebe ;)?
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; And renew a right spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10

jezza
Last Drink Date: 02 Jul 2018
First Sober Date: 03 Jul 2018

Post by jezza » 08 Jul 2018 20:48

No idea if theres something like it on here, but a Useless Information thread, aslo known as a UI thread. You just waffle nonsense, or add information that means nothing of great importance. Or just tell everyone how your day went. Anything goes really.

Thoughts? :\:

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 08 Jul 2018 20:52

jezza wrote:
08 Jul 2018 20:48
No idea if theres something like it on here, but a Useless Information thread, aslo known as a UI thread. You just waffle nonsense, or add information that means nothing of great importance. Or just tell everyone how your day went. Anything goes really.

Thoughts? :\:
Hello Jezza , there is the " just want to share" thread or general support and chat thread, but maybe you were thinking along different lines 🤔
Anyway nice to chat about nothing in particular 😂

jezza

Post by jezza » 08 Jul 2018 21:04

Yeah, trying to steer away from the alcohol aspect, which I know is why we're all here. Just a bit of nonsense really, like ...

UI - Someone put a screw into my cars tyre. Pissed me off but who cares?

Or

UI - Did you hear about the monkey escaping from the zoo?

I dunno, just a suggestion. Worked elesewhere. And if its rejected, I will cry :D

caroline95

Post by caroline95 » 08 Jul 2018 21:21

Hi Jezza, there's a thread called And Now for Something Completely Different that was set up for exactly what you're suggesting, it's just not been used for a while.So you can revive it :D

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=791&start=940

jezza

Post by jezza » 08 Jul 2018 21:46

Thanks Caroline. Will definitely get involved. Just warning, I do talk, A LOT! (w)

Cowboy
First Sober Date: 01 Sep 2018

Post by Cowboy » 14 Jul 2018 13:33

I'm no saint but I always try to respond to the most recent comment on any given thread when I post. It's just a matter of courtesy in my mind. I see it all the time. Someone puts a wonderful and thoughtful post and the next post doesn't acknowledge the post and it gets lost. It's a real shame sometimes.

I think it is important that we all follow this simple rule. Just sayin.

Cowboy.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 18 Jul 2018 05:44

Cowboy wrote:
14 Jul 2018 13:33
I'm no saint but I always try to respond to the most recent comment on any given thread when I post. It's just a matter of courtesy in my mind. I see it all the time. Someone puts a wonderful and thoughtful post and the next post doesn't acknowledge the post and it gets lost. It's a real shame sometimes.

I think it is important that we all follow this simple rule. Just sayin.

Cowboy.
I completely agree cowboy, good to see you back here too, hope all is good in your world 😀

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 22 Oct 2018 17:27

Is there a gratitude thread? A place where we can post what we feel gratitude for today. Thanks
What if I fall? Oh, but my darling........ what if you fly?

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots » 22 Oct 2018 17:56

Sammie wrote:
22 Oct 2018 17:27
Is there a gratitude thread? A place where we can post what we feel gratitude for today. Thanks
This is such a good exercise.
I do this almost every evening, and at one time was posting my list, but I think it was just on one of the general threads.
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.
Completed 2018 challenge

Sammie
Last Drink Date: 26 Oct 2018

Post by Sammie » 22 Oct 2018 19:57

Thanks Sal, I've looked on all the boards and can't find anything, maybe I'll just post at the end of my ramblings on the challenges thread. I've been reading up on how good it is for raising your mood ;)?
What if I fall? Oh, but my darling........ what if you fly?