Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

General Support and Chat

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Luckychap
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2019

Re: General Support and Chat

Post by Luckychap » 12 Feb 2019 20:41

Thanks I won't. I am 9 days without a drink and will keep off it hopefully ;)?

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 14 Feb 2019 09:15

Hi everyone.. Ive looked about the threads but don't know where to post so I hope here is ok. I came back to BE last week and received a hugely warm welcome. Kind folks reach out to you straight away and it really is a lifeline. I've been reading everyday and just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone who shares on this site, you are all an inspiration too me. I'm sorry I don't post much, I kind of don't feel qualified to offer any useful advice at this stage, if you know what I mean, and wasnt in the best place to support others either, but I hope to be able to do so in the future. Been a tough week but I'm on day 8 now. I know from reading around here it's not for everyone, but I've also been attending AA meetings daily - never thought I'd have the courage to walk through the door, never mind go back- but its helping me greatly just now so I'll keep going. Anyway, thats all for just now. Huge thanks and best wishes

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots » 14 Feb 2019 19:21

*Felix* wrote:
14 Feb 2019 09:15
Hi everyone.. Ive looked about the threads but don't know where to post so I hope here is ok. I came back to BE last week and received a hugely warm welcome. Kind folks reach out to you straight away and it really is a lifeline. I've been reading everyday and just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone who shares on this site, you are all an inspiration too me. I'm sorry I don't post much, I kind of don't feel qualified to offer any useful advice at this stage, if you know what I mean, and wasnt in the best place to support others either, but I hope to be able to do so in the future. Been a tough week but I'm on day 8 now. I know from reading around here it's not for everyone, but I've also been attending AA meetings daily - never thought I'd have the courage to walk through the door, never mind go back- but its helping me greatly just now so I'll keep going. Anyway, thats all for just now. Huge thanks and best wishes
Great to hear from you Felix, and congratulations on doing so well! AA can be a lifesaver.
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.
Completed 2018 challenge

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats » 14 Feb 2019 21:22

hey felix :\: sometimes just reading someone else’s post can help someone through their own problems so keep posting how things are going for you wherever and whenever you want ;)?

martha
Last Drink Date: 30 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 31 Dec 2018

Post by martha » 14 Feb 2019 22:25

*Felix*, you're doing amazingly! \:)/
Nothing changes if nothing changes.

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 15 Feb 2019 05:48

I don't know how to do that thing where you quote people but Soberboots, Martha, Spats, thank you for the replies and words of encouragement. I can see your sober dates - well done to you guys. Spats the reading is really helpful. There's a recent thread somewhere on here, I forgot where, and someone was are talking their colleague who was planning to go out and get hammered and warning about being hungover the next day; someone else commented along the lines of 'Why? Why would you, when your feeling well, PLAN to do something that you know will make you sick the next day?'That's the craziness of alcohol. Its wee nuggets of conversation like that that really hit home and help me. Thanks again. Best wishes, Felix

Pork
Last Drink Date: 22 Nov 2017

Post by Pork » 15 Feb 2019 06:40

Tap or click below circled & then put your text after the quoted text.
Attachments
D46BFDB4-2037-4B34-99C7-6E9AC3249752.jpeg
D46BFDB4-2037-4B34-99C7-6E9AC3249752.jpeg (153.88 KiB) Viewed 498 times

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 16 Feb 2019 06:11

Pork wrote:
15 Feb 2019 06:40
Aha, thank you Pork x

Luckychap

Post by Luckychap » 16 Feb 2019 16:56

The chap I mentioned earlier in the week apologized so that's a good thing. I am 13 days sober and having a few side effects. I have had a bad headache and weird dreams. On the plus side I find it easier to get to sleep. My main issue today is lethargy and tiredness. I don't have any get up and go. My daughter does wedding dressing. Last night she had a problem and I had to cover for a few hours. It was awful being around drunk people. I nearly got mad at one point as I was looking after the magic mirror and people were running off with the wigs and props. But I could have murdered a few pints of cider. She doesn't know I have Problems with drink to the extent that I have but talk about temptation. God I am a whinger. Never used to be ha ha

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2015

Post by Lush4life » 16 Feb 2019 19:50

Luckychap wrote:
16 Feb 2019 16:56
The chap I mentioned earlier in the week apologized so that's a good thing. I am 13 days sober and having a few side effects. I have had a bad headache and weird dreams. On the plus side I find it easier to get to sleep. My main issue today is lethargy and tiredness. I don't have any get up and go. My daughter does wedding dressing. Last night she had a problem and I had to cover for a few hours. It was awful being around drunk people. I nearly got mad at one point as I was looking after the magic mirror and people were running off with the wigs and props. But I could have murdered a few pints of cider. She doesn't know I have Problems with drink to the extent that I have but talk about temptation. God I am a whinger. Never used to be ha ha
Seems to me you're doing just great !
Not whinging at all, it's always helpful to get our thoughts and feelings down I think.
Well done for resisting temptation, of course you know the drill;
One day at a time...yup it's a cliche for a very good reason; it works 🙂
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Feb 2015

Post by Lush4life » 16 Feb 2019 19:54

Lush4life wrote:
16 Feb 2019 19:50
Luckychap wrote:
16 Feb 2019 16:56
Seems to me you're doing just great !
Not whinging at all, it's always helpful to get our thoughts and feelings down I think.
Well done for resisting temptation, of course you know the drill;
One day at a time...yup it's a cliche for a very good reason; it works 🙂
Just to add, I wonder if you fancied joining one of the challenge threads, it can be helpful but more than that they are busier I feel, its a chance to chat and get support from others, just thinking out loud tbh.
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

Luckychap

Post by Luckychap » 16 Feb 2019 20:57

Thanks for your kind words. It's really helpful to get reassurance :) I will have a look at the challenge thread. Thanks lushie x

SueDenim
Last Drink Date: 28 Aug 2017
First Sober Date: 29 Aug 2017

Post by SueDenim » 16 Feb 2019 23:40

*Felix* wrote:
16 Feb 2019 06:11
Pork wrote:
15 Feb 2019 06:40
Aha, thank you Pork x
You can also delete parts of the quoted post that aren't relevant to your reply. This means that people don't have to scroll past lots of posts all quoting the same thing, and also that if someone has said something private (as much as it can be on the internet :D), it isn't re-quoted in its entirety over and over again, and they can delete if they change their mind about having the post 'out there'.

8 days is a real achievement, Felix. The early days are when it's easier to give up, or harder to stay AF. After a while it gets easier, so hang on in there!

Same goes for you, Luckychap. After 13 days you can start counting in weeks, which is a real incentive. It will be months before you know it.
Last edited by SueDenim on 17 Feb 2019 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

Luckychap

Post by Luckychap » 16 Feb 2019 23:55

Thank you Sue x

Pork
Last Drink Date: 22 Nov 2017

Post by Pork » 17 Feb 2019 05:47

Push through luckychap. I found 14days hard to get past. But if you really want it it will come.
Peace & sausage
Pork

Luckychap

Post by Luckychap » 17 Feb 2019 10:06

Ha ha sausage. Thanks Lori may the Cumberland be with you .

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 17 Feb 2019 10:29

[/quote]

8 days is a real achievement, Felix. The early days are when it's easier to give up, or harder to stay AF. After a while it gets easier, so hang on in there!

Same goes for you, Luckychap. After 13 days you can start counting in weeks, which is a real incentive. It will be months before you know it.
[/quote]

Thank you Sue. I think I'm getting the hang of this now. That is the posting and quoting bit, not the AF journey, it's way harder to get to grips with. But still here, still sober. Thanks again.

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 17 Feb 2019 10:30

Haha, lol, maybe I'm not quite there with the quote thing after all x

martha
Last Drink Date: 30 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 31 Dec 2018

Post by martha » 17 Feb 2019 10:35

Felix :lol:

In your previous post, you just need to remove the / from the first lot of brackets. So, [ quote ] but remove any spaces :mrgreen:
Nothing changes if nothing changes.

*Felix*

Post by *Felix* » 17 Feb 2019 10:37

Lucky chap you are going really well, especially to get through a stressful situation surrounded by booze. I'm a couple of days behind you. I too have headaches and fatigue, despite sleeping well. Folks say it is normal and will pass but it's hard. I have to go to bed and sleep when the fatigue hits me, I literally can't fight it. But I guess there are worse things and I am just trying to take it easy when I really have too. Hope you get a chance to do the same.