Bright Eye's Birthday Page

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
Mark.

Bright Eye's Birthday Page

Post by Mark. »

Thank you BE

As suggested during BE's fourth birthday party, here is a thread for people to post messages for our administrator Tobin and all the other people who have made BE such a special place over the past four years.

Thank you all! :D <:)>
"I once thought that growing up *meant* smoking and drinking. It looked so good, but I don't want to die from it."
~ Marianne Faithfull

221b for the 2021 Challenge

Boris Bike
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2020

Re: BE at 4 Years

Post by Boris Bike »

I have only been here since August, but I am very grateful to Tobin for this site and all the good folk on here as it has helped me a great deal. \:)/

Sandy
Last Drink Date: 21 Aug 2009

Post by Sandy »

Tobin
Thank You!
This month I am 30 months sober, sober since the day I joined BE
Did you ever dream this site would be so good or help so many people?
Thanks again Tobin and to everyone who has supported and continues to support me on my journey.
Sandy

October

Post by October »

Excellent job both the site and the phone counselling. Did talk to you long ago Tobin; rarely met anyone as non-judgmental as you (::)
Fake it till you make it!

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip »

A heartfelt thank you Tobin for creating BE. It is a wonderful source of support. Thank you too to everyone here.

Dave

you're worth it
Last Drink Date: 01 Nov 2011

Post by you're worth it »

Thank you Tobin, for creating a wonderful supportive site. Thank you too to all the moderators and everyone who posts. Your support has been invaluable.

CJ
Last Drink Date: 22 May 2011

Post by CJ »

Thankyou Tobin for creating Brighteye. If it were not for this site I would be very alone in my battle against the booze, and I would be losing or I would have lost. For personal reasons I cannot use any face to face support and this site has simply rescued me. I cannot praise it highly enough and to prove it I am winning my battle. ;)?
"My urge is never to have just a glass even if the EAF pretends it is, my urge is to get wasted. When I am getting urges like that it is impossible for me to kid myself that I no longer have a problem." Pineapple

caroline95

Post by caroline95 »

Thank you Tobin.I know for sure I'd be in a really bad place right now if I hadn't found BE.

Congratulations on 4 years so far and counting.

Thank you also to all the Moderators.....you rock :D

Dab

Post by Dab »

Thank you Tobin :ugeek: for this site and also for all the help you have given me over the past year and a half. Whilst I still battle the booze you have helped me enormously through difficult times, and encouraged me so much in self management with my 'issues'.. On the booze front I have managed more time sober than I ever would have dreamed to be possible.

This site is so helpful in day to day support and encouragement..

I will always keep on trying now and wont give up.. coz I know Im not alone in this battle.. n that makes such a difference.

Thanks to the mods, to the people I have met here.. you are great. \:)/
Last edited by Dab on 12 Feb 2012 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

Yorkie
Last Drink Date: 20 Jun 2011

Post by Yorkie »

Thankyou Tobin for your wonderful creation...and congratulations on it's success: There have been times when your forum was the only place that I felt safe to air what was inside of me that I needed to get out in order to find some perspective: Without this, I would not be where I am today, and where I am today is happy, healthy and able to live life on life's terms, reach out to others' and all without drink or drugs.
Much Love and appreciation, Yorkie <:)>
In order to be truly happy in this life I have to give up all hope of a better past.

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila »

A massive big thank you from me Tobin. I really don't want to think about how my life would be now if I hadn't found this place! I'd never even looked at an on line forum before, let alone join one ... it was definitely one of my better decisions ;)?
Thanks to everyone here who makes this place what it is!
#4 on the 2021 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

Maddie
First Sober Date: 16 May 2020

Post by Maddie »

I'd like to say thank you as well Tobin. ;)? This site has been a huge support to me over the past 4 years. And of course the counselling I'll never forget, as you were so supportive and non-judgemental. I'm feeling a bit low at present, but I still recall a lot of the things we discussed, and that is a huge help to me at the moment. Thanks again.

Maddie X
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Marilyn Monroe

girlfromaus
Last Drink Date: 10 Oct 2014

Post by girlfromaus »

I would like to add thanks to Tobin and all the Moderators.

Since I found this site my journey towards sobriety began. I doubt I'd have taken the first step without it.

You have made a truly wonderful place and chosen an awesome team of people to keep it that way.

Thanks!
While I breathe I hope

1sunworshipper

Post by 1sunworshipper »

Tobin and the team - you have changed my life in a way that I could never have imagined. Fate got me here and I am forever grateful that you came up with this forum which has made a real difference to me and many others. The first ever forum that I have been involved with so be very proud of your achievements monkey man. Here is a real treat for you.
just for you - your favourite.png
just for you - your favourite.png (84.77 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
AF2012 #21 - challenge successfully completed
AF2013 #12 - challenge successfully completed
AF2014 #12 - 11 and a bit months
nothing changes if nothing changes

George

Post by George »

Tobin

I'd like to thank you as well. Since I discovered Bright Eye two and a half years ago, life has been so much better in that I have controlled my addiction to alcohol.

Thank you ;)?
“Now I’m sober and I realize, I didn’t drink to escape the world, I drank to escape myself”
― Phil Volatile, Crushed Black Velvet

pandora321
Last Drink Date: 12 Nov 2020

Post by pandora321 »

Tobin quite simply to add, with the love and support of this Forum and the fantastic people on here, i have hope, self belief and have never been so happy in my entire life. Ive had 5 month's of freedom and look forward to the future and all it has to bring.

From the bottom of my heart thank you so much! <:)>
Have faith in your own recovery....

74 in the 2013 challenge

linda6666
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2010

Post by linda6666 »

In the 2 and half years i have used Bright eye I have learned so much about alcohol, not just the fact it is there to drink, but for many it is a BIG problem that then leads to other problems. It has opened my eyes, it's made me laugh, made me cry, been my crutch when i have needed one and also been a meeting place for many good friends.. But most of all it as helped keep me sober and continues to do so ;)? Many thanks Tobin for giving us all that chance to find another way in life.. ;)? ;)?
I Have a Guardian Angel in heaven... I call him DADDY BEAR. I AM NOW 10 YEARS DRY AND LOVING IT,SO PROUD OF ME ;-)
We are all given a 2nd chance every day, it's just we don't usually take them . I TOOK MINE :\:

bonny-kat

Post by bonny-kat »

Bright Eye - the forum, the counseling, the website - are truly wonderful and I can't thank you enough, Tobin. There really is nothing else like it, and it's just what so many of us need to get beyond the alcohol issues. This is the greatest of communities. I appreciate everyone here with all my heart and look forward to logging on every day! ;)?

Oldenough2knowbetter
Last Drink Date: 01 May 2011

Post by Oldenough2knowbetter »

Just like to add my thanks Tobin. When I joined I think I was about 6 days AF but I really only wanted 2 clear weeks AF and then to cut down... Some very wise people here made me realise my thinking was delusional and I've not touched a drop since joining. I wouldn't have done it without this site and some of the very dear friends I've made here.

Thank you for giving me back my health, pride, self belief and dignity.

Xx
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." [Christopher Robin to Pooh]

enoughisenough

Post by enoughisenough »

Thank you Tobin, a year ago I stumbled across this site and while I don't contribute a lot I do read it and take on board others thoughts, help and guidance. I have made a very good friend on here too who has been a great suppport to me. There are some wonderful people and the moderators that talk such good sense. It has been a real rock, I'm sure that one day I will be able to give more back in the meantime - just gratitiude, Eie x
Yesterday I was clever, I wanted to change the world. Today I am wiser and am changing myself ~ Rumi