Personal Goals

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
kath
Last Drink Date: 21 Feb 2015
First Sober Date: 28 Jan 2017

Re: Personal Goals

Post by kath »

Oh it’s horrible when you feel over weight isn’t it. My husband when through a stage were he hardly left the house for fear of bumping into someone. He got there in the end and lost it but it’s hard.
At the moment all my clothes are super tight and uncomfortable but I refuse to buy bigger! I’ve been quite good on my diet today but this is the first day really.
Well done to both of you staying af.
Sf I did a Zumba class once I was terrible! I can’t dance I have no rhythm!
I’m so tired at the moment I’m struggling to get into my exercise.
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Another successful day. Enjoyed a step class today. Still eating g my way through delicious mincemeat pies and carte D'or ice cream..
Seismic glad you managed Monday and Tuesday AF. Mind you, with the cost of living going up we won't be able to afford to drink.
Kath are you feeling the benefits of being sober 12 days?

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

Turns out the clubcard rewards can be used on Best Western! Free hotel.

Caved yesterday, not sure why/trigger, just felt like it but did not like the morning nor most of today. Onwards.

Medical tomorrow. Two years ago he said blood pressure was on the upper end.
Treat yourself to something better than a hangover

kath

Post by kath »

Well done SF you’re being very sporty and sober why don’t you carry on trying for dry Jan?
Seismic good luck with your medical.
Day 13 for me. No major temptations but the weekend is approaching.
one day or day one.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

Caved yesterday too. (w)

Evenings are brightening up. There's a bit of road near me on the way home overlooking a bay that was really still, sun setting over it. Beautiful.

Wife has lost 5lb this week with SW. My row challenge is not going well. Illness at the start of this week has put me back. If I didn't drink I'd have more motivation, there'd be less calories going in and more going out. No brainer really. Not tried those suit trousers yet.

Currently costing up,,,, greenhouse, plus patio to go underneath.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

Medical. Normally a 2 year ticket. Mines only one this time. BMI 37 :oops:
35 is the cut off. Need to be under that next year.

Put the brakes on at 9pm and 15 units. I know that's more than weekly recommendations but for me, progress. That 9pm.is a fine ridge line by a slippery slope though.

kath

Post by kath »

Progress is progress Seismic. Keep at it!
I’ve got the ww all over me today tbh I haven’t drank yet but it’s on the cards!
Sf how’s things?
Ajh are you still with us?
one day or day one.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

Lose weight or buy a new suit. Next door said he had the same issue last summer. It was stinking hot on wedding day and I saw no evidence of jacket.

Question for you all, I'm a traditionalist, attend wedding, apply buttonhole, regardless.
Are buttonholes just for the wedding party? It's a marriage of 2 men BTW, one of whom was my best man 20 years ago. The invite says "you are the colour in our lives, please dress accordingly with colour" My suit is grey.

kath

Post by kath »

I’d ask what they’re expecting or you could just choose a colourful shirt or tie? I always thought button holes were for wedding party but I’m not sure.

I drank as I thought I would so only did 14 days in the end. I could have stopped myself if I really wanted but I didn’t want to.
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Kath , you did really well to make 15 days.
I managed a 4/3 this week.
As Kath suggested Seismic you could wear a bright coloured tie or shirt. I thought everyone could wear a buttonhole.
You are lucky to live near a bay.
I m getting addicted to jigsaws .

kath

Post by kath »

Well sober fun you seem to be addicted to jigsaws and exercise classes this year. There are worst things to be addicted to, as we know.
My main goal now is to stay away from mid week drinking. My second goal is to just drink once at the weekend but I’m more bothered about cutting down in the week. So if I can stick to 1 or 2 times a week I’ll be happy.
one day or day one.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

Wedding wise I think it's colourful tie. Wife has obviously ordered 2 dresses. :roll:

SF, I'm on the south coast, plenty of water/scenery.

Last time I wore the suit was interview in 2019, I was tri training then. Probably at least 3 stone lighter.

AF today and yesterday. Slight struggle today around the 5pm time. I did row for 40 minutes.
Current plan is 40 Tuesday, 40 Wednesday, 60 Friday, 80 Saturday, 80 Sunday.
Should get me to 15 hours for January. With some weight loss.

kath

Post by kath »

Well done seismic if you can get through the witching hours with exercise then it’s a win win! I’m getting through them with junk food so not so good. Pleased to report I’ve not drank since Saturday.

Sf have you got lots of classes planned for this week?
one day or day one.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

One dress is going back. Beautiful fabric but not good fit on the top half. Remaining one was cheaper too!

Caved on Wednesday, no real reason. Felt cack on Thursday and came home at lunchtime. Today my eyes and nose have been streaming. Headaches, no energy. Not covid but not nice. No rowing today so I'm behind on the 15 hours. My Row Every Day October came in at 13 hours so this is a bigger ask.

I have assembled one of my raised beds today. This took way more effort due to being ill. Slept a lot of the afternoon but proper couch lock paralysis sleep.

Today I have been eating Slimming World. Thinking I might join a group, maybe. The local one that suits time wise is a consultant my wife doesn't rate from previous. There's another lady at her current group that was at this previous one with said consultant. She didn't rate her either. So I'm wondering whether or not to go. Got the books so easy to follow. £5 a week is all of a 4pack. Syn score today 13.

So Thursday and Friday AF. Along with Monday and Tuesday. Pretty good week.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

Another AF.
3 raised beds built today. I was plainly pretty off colour yesterday.

Sunday is always a tough day drinks wise.

kath

Post by kath »

Is that 3afs this week seismic? Well done!

It depends if you think you’ll stay on plan better if you go to a class, seismic.

I drank on Wednesday so made sure I didn’t drink last night so 5/2 this week. No problem exercising or dieting though so I need to kick that into action now.

Sf how’s your week been?
one day or day one.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

This week (if we're going from Monday to Sunday) is a 6/1 in favour of AF.
MON, TUE, THUR-SUN

This evening was a toughie.

I upgraded sport watch ages ago. Does a sleep score, been pretty good last few days. Overnight HR is 10bpm lower than drink nights.

Weight gain, poor sleep, mental welfare, monetary cost. Not much going for alcohol really is there?

SW group might get me some focus, new chums, talk therapy.?

kath

Post by kath »

6/1 \:)/ (::) that’s amazing!!!
one day or day one.

AJH
Last Drink Date: 29 Apr 2021
First Sober Date: 06 May 2021

Post by AJH »

Morning all. Just reading back…still here Kath. Well done all on efforts. It’s all mad isn’t it? How come we’re not in control of what we do food wise, exercise wise and alcohol wise? What we actually want to do and be and what we actually do are sometimes different…crackers. We’re all intelligent grown ups…ha!

I’m the same, some success and some ‘must do betters’ with new regime/goals but good thing is, no booze and that remains the most important goal albeit the others contribute to maintaining that.

Finished the last of my chocolate yesterday so hoping that’s going to make a difference weight wise…at least not gain anymore! Just keeps going up…and we’re back in the office from next week…nothing fits…eek.

Keep going all…puzzling, exercise, dieting, af…etc etc. ;)?
Spotted Dick, butter and brown muscovado sugar. Gypsy Tart. Butterfly Buns. Just like your Nan used to make.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 »

Managed to get a referral so SW is free for 12 weeks. 1st group on Thursday. Today was - 4.5lb from last week for the morning weigh in.
Overnight heart rate was 57. Did the watch fitness test earlier, lie down and relax. Went down to 47. :shock:

Hope you coddled together some comfortable office attire AJH. I have jeans and company issue polo shirt, though I sometimes wear a formal shirt.

My place have decided that from Monday next week, face coverings are no longer mandatory. I expect a few will still carry on though. Still to be worn if we're working a bit cosy though.