Personal Goals

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
kath
Last Drink Date: 21 Feb 2015
First Sober Date: 28 Jan 2017

Re: Personal Goals

Post by kath »

Hi Serend how are you? I also went for a nice walk today. I got a Fitbit for Christmas and it really motivated me to get moving. Unfortunately I’m still eating like a pig. I have no self control.
Sf well done on getting through your cravings. You’re doing brill!
Hi to everyone else.
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Hi Kath. It s amazing how much better a walk in the fresh air can make you feel.
I have a smart watch . It was only £36 but it monitors sleep steps and heart rate. I have a goal of 5000 steps a day. This week I managed 47000 and the week before 37000 so going in the right direction. I am still battling the wine witch. 10 days so about a third of the way.

kath

Post by kath »

It’s motivating seeing your steps isn’t it.

I want to drink evocative atm. But I’m not. 2 ads so far, this week.

Hope you won v we?!
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Great that you are getting in some AF days Kath.
I m still succeeding. Day 11.

kath

Post by kath »

Hay sf
How’s it going? Are you still being brilliant?
I’m struggling to be good at the moment with lock down and low mood alcohol always seems like the answer, of course it isn’t! Still getting 3 or 4 ads in but I’d rather be getting a regular 5 in!
Hope all is good with you?
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

:\: Kath. I m still trying . 17 AF days out of 21 so didn't make dry Jan but better than last year.
Keep well.

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Personal goals: give up drinking, smoking. Lose weight. Get fit, walking came to halt with lockdown. Get myself together - need to build confidence up. Seem to have lost myself somewhere along the way. Only just started back with one of voluntary work I used to do. Don't think I'll be goin back to others.

Would be interested to hear what fit bits people are using, may treat myself. May also treat myself to iPhone/smartphone eventually :?:

Patrick22
Last Drink Date: 01 Apr 2021

Post by Patrick22 »

Hi everyone,

My goal is to stay off the drink all year and buy (another) car with what I would have spent. If tell that to people I know they will think he has had some serious problems. Can do a few hundred each weekend on a bender so I am saving that, only on day 14 but done longer before.

As I have wrote it down on here I have more chance of sticking to it.

Good luck to all

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

:\: Hi Patrick. Every step forward counts.
Good luck. ;)?

Patrick22
Last Drink Date: 01 Apr 2021

Post by Patrick22 »

I broke that goal on day 14, all I can say is personal goals to others, don't make them too high. I have tried many times to stop, just stupid binges at weekend I have hangovers anxiety, regret, loss of money.

I could buy a new car like most could without stopping drinking, I just wanted to stop drinking and link it to a car.

At 45 drinking all my life, and now moved onto spirits I have to stop the lifestyle before I die x

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

I m drinking 2 mini bottles of wine a day which is not good.
We have to try and remember how we felt when we did succeed. OH is getting his vaccine on Saturday so that s something.
You've done well Patrick. Not many people succeed the whole time.
Hope you are well Spats and Kath.

TSM

Post by TSM »

Back here to try and clock some AF days. Did 12 days AF in Jan hoping to do some more in Feb! So far no AF's but here's to one today!
'Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time' Thomas A. Edison

kath

Post by kath »

Hi everyone
Patrick stick at the goal if it ends up being 300 sober days out the year will a few slip ups it’s all day that your body and mind can recover.

Hi TSM well done on your 12 days if you did 12 days every month that’s good progress!

Sf I personally don’t think 2 mini bottles is a lot but I suppose they recommend a complete break of 2 days a week. Why don’t you aim for 2 afs next week?

I’m here with all the advice but I’m not following it myself it’s been a long time since I’ve had a long ad stint. Just can’t get in the zone. So still drinking 3 times a week around 20-25 units a week.
one day or day one.

kath

Post by kath »

Time to commit. Wish me luck! I WILL be sober this lent, which conveniently ends on my birthday.
With in this time I hope to also lose 7 lbs and get back to being able to jog 5 k.

Talking to tumbleweed this thread has gone quite! I’ve been quiet for a while too.
one day or day one.

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Hi kath, not been on here for a while but it’s good to see you again. Hope to be able to achieve the same as you - so end of lent is gives about 5 weeks to lose that weight. Better get my walking shoes on ()o ()o

Furryfeet

Post by Furryfeet »

Hi Kath and Spats - good look with your sober lent challenge ;)?

I originally wanted to do dry February but I’ve drank 3 times now. I’ve tried the 7 day challenge and succeeded to start with but I keep having to press reset and go back to day 1.

I think for the moment it might be more realistic for me to significantly cut down rather than do any of the sobriety challenges. I want to stay focused on the positives I’ve achieved rather than beat myself up for failure.

I usually drink 1-2 bottles of wine on 3-5 days a week. Since the 1st Feb I’ve only drank 3 times. One of those times I drank 2 bottles but the other 2 times I had 2/3 of a bottle - I deliberately stopped myself finishing the bottle both times. I’m under no illusions that this means I can safely moderate, but it is a massive improvement.

So as a starting point I think my personal goal is not to drink more than twice a week and never to drink more than 1 bottle of wine at a time.

kath

Post by kath »

Spats I’m into my walking to since getting my Fitbit. How are you doing? I believe last time our paths crossed you were doing very well on the af front, is that still the case?

Furry Feet, hi.
The things I find help l, when I’m trying to cut down is to set a time when I’m aloud to drink. I go to bed around ten so I don’t let myself drink till 8pm. I also find eating a big meal also helps the cravings for alcohol. Just have a small amount of alcohol in, on the days you’re planning to drink. Good luck with your goal.
one day or day one.

kath

Post by kath »

Weekends are always tough when trying to be sober!!!
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Kath and Spats keep going. I gave alcohol up for lent one time and succeeded. I need a challenge but I don't have the confidence for 6 weeks.
Furryfeet , I drink early on as I associate the coronavirus update with a glass of wine. Strange times.

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD »

There's a 'not drinking for Lent' thread. Just saying.
be selfish in your sobriety.