Personal Goals

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
soberfun

Re: Personal Goals

Post by soberfun »

Hope you do well Little Acorn. ;)?

kath
Last Drink Date: 21 Feb 2015
First Sober Date: 28 Jan 2017

Post by kath »

Glad you had a very good Mother’s Day sf I got wine too, they know us so well haha.

L.A my advise is to fill yourself up for the witching hour I find that really helps. That dreaded 3rd day is always the hardest but you can do it!

Pretty much more of the same here. Drinking 3 times. Lots of walking.
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Well done Kath! You are winning. I did 58000 steps last week, but no AF days.
OH is having PET scan tomorrow because one spot on his lung (which was found nearly 3 years ago when he had double bypass) has grown and there is a second one. He is not breathless and only coughs when he eats, which is because of the radiotherapy on his throat.. He has had the odd cigar but has never been a smoker. So hopefully they are benign. After the scan he will be radioactive and must not go near pregnant women or children for 8 hours. It s amazing what they can do these days.

kath

Post by kath »

Gosh I hope it turns out to be nothing sf!
Well done on your steps.
Beautiful day today! I was lucky enough to have the day off too so ignored all the stuff I should of been doing, house work, and went for a walk
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

It was lovely yesterday. You were right to make the most of it. We met our daughter in a park for a walk and picnic.
Af today for a change.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Personal goal 3 days this week 3/4. So far 1/2.

kath

Post by kath »

Well done on the af sf. I think I may many’s 5/2 this week because I’ve arranged a walk with my friend on Saturday and wouldn’t want to do it hungover. Not that I really drink enough to feel hungover these days but I do get dehydrated.
Back to my exercise class tomorrow quite nervous! Not had a good week for exercise so need a kick start.
How did your husband get on with his scan?
one day or day one.

little acorn

Post by little acorn »

hi guys, thank you sf and Kath, yes, having some dinner with a cuppa tea really helps. I did the 3 days AF that I meant to but was in a right bad mood on the Tuesday as it was the middle day and I found it soooo hard! Last week was pants but I knew it would be as I gave myself permission for it to be bad, it being the week leading up to Easter but I said to myself that I accepted that and that after Easter I would do 2 nights AF free ie this week (sounds like such a little goal but it's massive in reality!) then really flipping strive for 3 days AF until my birthday time in summer so a good stretch (not counting bank holiday weeks in May which will be 2 days AF). Right then, it's in writing so I am doing everything I can to pledge this and thank you if you read this.

Wishing everyone a good week xx
little acorn likes his water. I need to follow his lead.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Well done to you both. I managed 2 AF days so far this week. I have 2 mini bottles of wine for tonight so that will be 21 units for the week.
There was no definitive result from husband s PET scan and he is having a biopsy taken tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a good result. At least they are being thorough.

kath

Post by kath »

Morning all

I had a night of insomnia so I can see me doing a lot of nothing today. I do have an exercise class to go to but thankfully that’s 9am so should be able to make that.

Little acorn it doesn’t matter how small your goal is, if it’s an improvement on the norm then that’s good.

I’m still plodding almond drinking 3 times a week and about 20 units a week. I don’t seem to improve on it but thankfully not getting worse either.

Sf best of luck with the biopsy it must be a very stressful time for you. Have you had the results?
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Thank you Kath. No results yet.
I think you do really well. I ve been AF one day but about 25 units. Going to try to have a few more AF days.

kath

Post by kath »

You can do it after! At least your daily units are low, but will be good to pull that other day in.

Still same old here.
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

OH had results of biopsy. Still inconclusive so he is seeing a surgeon sometime in next couple of weeks to make a decision on either removing the nodules or waiting a few months and keeping an eye on them.
Have had about 12 units so far this week.

kath

Post by kath »

Hi SF how’s things? Have you had any new results yet?

I’m a bud disappointed because my sleep has gone bad again and I was hopeful that I’d finally cracked it.so dragging my tired ass through another day.

Not drank this week yet. Did my normal 4 afs last week.
one day or day one.

soberfun

Post by soberfun »

Well done on 4 AFs Kath. I managed 3.
It feels awful when you can't sleep.
Some nights I sleep well and some I wake really early. This morning I woke at 4.30 took a nightall tablet . I read until 6 and then fell asleep until 9.30. I feel great for it but don't like taking tablets even herbal ones as after a while they will stop working.
We saw surgeon who said it s 50/50 that the nodules could be benign or malignant. They can take them out but not with keyhole surgery because he had a double bypass. He would have a 2 per cent chance of dying with open surgery. We asked his opinion but he said he couldn't make that choice. My husband decided to wait 6 months and they will scan and see if there is a change and go from there. He doesn't have any symptoms.