Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Personal Goals

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
soberfun

Re: Personal Goals

Post by soberfun » 06 Nov 2019 21:04

Seismic I am doing studio and digital.
App seems quite good. Does it automatically take from activity points when you have eaten the rest?
I am 4'11.5" and 8st 7 . It looks more when you are small. Step class this morning.
2/1 for me so far this week so you are beating me Kath.
Well done Spats ! Nearly there.
Hi Ruby and Winkler.

Winkler
Last Drink Date: 06 Apr 2019

Post by Winkler » 06 Nov 2019 23:30

You’re doing so well spats, really pleased for u. Remind me, do u regularly have good breaks AF? Sry, I lose track

Soberfun you sound lovely and petite, are you aiming to lose many pounds?
I’m trying to be mindful of the Michael Mosley thing of eating within a 12 hour window - well delaying breakfast and not eating late at night anyway, and not snacking. Early days but feel more in control.

Well done on avoiding drink for the last few nights Kath, hope you fit your exercise in soon

Ruby, you’re doing well, hope the weather picks up where u are. It’s been pretty miserable here too for a couple of days

How do u feel about the beer Seismic? I know where you’re coming from with it being on your mind from the day before. Good your exercise isn’t slipping. I think we had a convo about meds and I think u said you weren’t going to go there again? It’s so hard keeping the momentum going isn’t it but I think ultimately if we keep trying we get there..
The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see - Winston Churchill

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 07 Nov 2019 18:01

SSRI meds winkler? I'm not going on them again. Or are you thinking Antabuse or similar? Unsure of that. Counsellor yonks back said he would support that with GP if needed.
It certainly ran away last night. Managed to neck 7 before 8:30, whereupon wife went to bed and I went out for more. Cack day today, just reinforces why I really shouldn't start. However, resolved to go to running club as I've skived the last two weeks due to illness. Last weekend's 1/2 marathon might be the culprit of some hip/back pain. But I'm going anyway.

SF, you can set the app to gobble up your activity points or leave them alone. As a male, I get 35 dailies, 42 weeklies. Dailies drop when your weight falls off. I started with 37. 60 minutes hard running equates to 30 fitpoints.
I've not tracked this week. Yesterday's binge hasn't helped, nor lunchtimes sausage roll.
The answer is not to be found at the bottom of a bottle

kath
Last Drink Date: 21 Feb 2015
First Sober Date: 28 Jan 2017

Post by kath » 07 Nov 2019 20:04

Hello everyone

Seismic it was easier to exercise join half term because I didn’t have to leave the house so early. I had an extra 50 mins each morning.

I really wanted to drink tonight!!! But there’s no point saying if I drink tonight I won’t drink Friday or Saturday cause that hardly ever happens! So I’ve gritted my teeth and resisted.
Had a run of bad luck with car tyres and electrics all taking money I’ve not got, right before Christmas! I don’t think people with money know how lucky they are.
I’ve signed up for a soup kitchen actually really looking forward to doing something positive and maybe it will make me realise how lucky I am!
Still no exercise going to try my best to get on it next week!! I’m terrible today I bought 2 chunky peanut butter kitkats, they were on offer. Ate them both!what a greedy pig!!!!
Gotta go. Kids bedtime, hurrah :lol:
one day or day one.

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 07 Nov 2019 21:55

Ooo I love chunky Kit Kat’s Kath, I’d have had the 2 as well ;)
It’s hard to get a good time and class to exercise sometimes isn’t it, I do know where you’re coming from - families don’t half get in the way sometimes eh?
Where did u get a good deal on your tyres, I need 2 as well and keep putting it off in case I cud get them cheaper. 1 is distinctLy illegal now, I’m told
Is it worth going to Costco?
Great job resisting ;)?

Hey seismic, I was thinking meds to help you initially off and then stay AF, rather than the antidepressants- you’d have to see how the neurotransmitters settled down before thinking of starting them wouldn’t you?

I’m not sure youre committed to being AF atm though? Apologies if I got that wrong, I know getting and keeping that though5 going is, well, the reason we’re still all here I guess
The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see - Winston Churchill

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 07 Nov 2019 22:34

I like those peanut kitkats.
Tyres? Black circles. Though my local Protyre comes very close and they were best price for motorbike tyres when I purchased last. Hopeful my current rear goes for 6000 miles or more. £150 to replace that premium tyre.
Change now Winkler. It ain't going to stop you very well. Near miss, or actually hitting something/someone? Your conscience won't like it and your insurers would try to wriggle out. Prod prod.

Clubs n classes, none really fit very well do they? Swimming 8-9pm is a bit odd. Used to ride with the bike club, 7:30-8:45, then tea in the clubhouse, then home. 9:30pm, totally wired.

Going to some household income comparison site now to check how well off we are. Golly, one website thinks we're top 20%. I live in a 3 bed semi with bugger all garden.

Completely AF? Still got that crutch to use, the broken one that doesn't work. I recognise I'm addicted to a toxic substance which does me no favours at all. Bad work day, I feel quite down and negative about it when I'm hungover. Same sensation when at home, negative thoughts about home life/relationship.
Rocky road.
Considered buying this evening post run. But that wouldn't be good and I wouldn't have cycled to work tomorrow. Which justifies bacon rolls better than a hangover. Not looking forward to the chilly start though. I do have heated gloves (they're on the radiator :lol2: )

soberfun

Post by soberfun » 07 Nov 2019 23:00

Yes Seismic it s the alcohol that makes you look at the black side. We know all the bad things but the wine witch keeps taking over. You often have AF days though. It s not all bad.
I haven't tried those peanut chunky kit kats. Kath.I think they would be a lot of points. I m drooling at the thought.
Winkler I tried eating for 8 hours and fasting for 16 but you'd be amazed at what I can eat in 8 hours.
Hope you're enjoying dating Ruby.
3/1 for me.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 09 Nov 2019 22:25

Thanks SF, worth reminding myself that when I tipped up on this forum I was 25+ units a night, with about one day off every two months. Slow progress. But progress, not stagnation.

That Friday ride to work was under 3 degrees. Lovely misty frosty fields to look at though.
Skived the weigh in on Saturday. I haven't tracked all week.
Started tracking today, however, wifes F1 button was pressed. Pizza for dinner. Crisps n nuts too.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 09 Nov 2019 22:25

Thanks SF, worth reminding myself that when I tipped up on this forum I was 25+ units a night, with about one day off every two months. Slow progress. But progress, not stagnation.

That Friday ride to work was under 3 degrees. Lovely misty frosty fields to look at though.
Skived the weigh in on Saturday. I haven't tracked all week.
Started tracking today, however, wifes F1 button was pressed. Pizza for dinner. Crisps n nuts too.

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 10 Nov 2019 09:32

So I got my tyres changed seismic around £200 which I expected but felt ripped off by agreeing to have the tracking done which was only out by a bit on one side. £50 extra and took him all of about 2 mins :twisted:
And then I got a tyre pressure warning on the way home :roll:
Hey ho, u gotta laugh :x

Yeh where u are now is better than back then seismic - goodness knows how you were functioning :shock: tell me, does your OH regard you as alkie? I mean I haven’t been in your position but would have thought stop rather than cut down is what you need to do......I’m sorry I’m so much on your case, i guess I’m just puzzled you can still clearly function when your body is and has been under such immense physical strain in combination with the intensive exercise regime you have and you are a family man and main breadwinner to boot. Seems as though your mood is being affected though? I hope you will sustain the change enough one day to not look back. Seems you might need some more support to get there though?

I’m still in my bed but planning to seize the day (in a bit) :)

soberfun

Post by soberfun » 10 Nov 2019 13:31

Unexpectedly went out last night. Daughter took me to see 'Good Liar' followed by Italian and wine. I wasn't able to cover the weight watchers points but you can usually get away with it first week. They are bringing in the new plans this week. So 3/3 this week. Next week hoping for 6/1. Need to give the wine witch a good bashing.
Hope you are all enjoying weekend.

soberfun

Post by soberfun » 10 Nov 2019 18:18

I won't have anything now so 4/3.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 10 Nov 2019 21:18

IMG_20191110_204853-351x158.jpg
IMG_20191110_204853-351x158.jpg (9.75 KiB) Viewed 601 times

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 10 Nov 2019 21:45

Thought you'd like a movember image. Apologies for low resolution. Site rules and I think I've doubled up on resolution reduction. I'm a bit lopsided but very South American. ARRIBA!

SF, I'm awaiting that new plan too, they're horsing around.

Winkler, was that £200 the tyres AND the tracking adjustment? Kwikfit and protyre will check your tracking for nowt. Adjusting costs 20-30 notes.

And,,,,,,, a pair of tyres. If it was £200 the pair,,,, you're running some large (18+) low profile (50 or less) wide (205+) and possibly run flats. Otherwise, yes, rip off.

My OH has defined me as a high functioning alcoholic. I'd put myself on that rung too. Be on my case all you like. It's like having a Silverado 'prod prod' (Silverado is a former member of the forum who liked to 'prod' but sadly passed away)

I wouldn't call it an intensive exercise regime. Just mental toughness, physical okayness, plus a healthy dose of belligerence. Many of the events I do, there are larger and slower people. There are younger people slower than me. There are older people quicker than me.

I've done a lot of events too and as such you get to a certain mentality (, it's only a 10km/10mile/1/2 marathon/20 mile) Similar in the tri world.

Carpe diem. At 9:30 in bed?????????????
That's the biggest quandary for me.

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 10 Nov 2019 23:03

I do like my bed seismic :oops: I remember lovely Silverado :|

Edit - Too much info about cars :?

I like your tach!

Sounds like a good night soberfun!

I keep thinking I’ve got my head round not pigging out, then go do it again. Roast dinner followed by custard and fruit pie was forgivable on a Sunday but then sat on settee eating chocolate and ice cream. Tomorrow’s another day.
Last edited by Winkler on 13 Nov 2019 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 11 Nov 2019 22:11

Spent over 2 hours sanding all the wood that's going to get glossed. Gripper rods gone. Painted the ceiling and coving. This was harder than it needed to be due to hangover.

So, this weeks goal is all week. Past few weeks I've got to Wednesday and failed. Normally drinking cause I feel good. Not a good move. Tomorrow is swim. I'll get a ride in something on Wednesday (I am on leave after all). Thursday is running club. Skived WW for two weeks so I'll go there Saturday morning.probably pedal on Friday.. Need a rest day somewhere. I have a 10 mile event on Sunday (running that is)

Kind of owe it to myself to stay sober for a bit. Today, very down after a 3 day bender.

Mercs, many of them are wider tyres at the rear than the front. Cleaned someone's jag once, 295 wide at the back! He was doing a 100 mile round trip commute.

soberfun

Post by soberfun » 11 Nov 2019 23:35

Seismic you managed to do a lot of decorating. Sanding is an awful job. You d think in this day and age there d be an easier way of doing it. Weight watchers new plans start this week. Weigh in tomorrow. Everything tracked apart from Saturday night s Italian. AF again tonight. Hoping for a 6/1.
Silverado seemed a lovely guy.
Good luck Winkler, Ruby Kath.

seismic23

Post by seismic23 » 12 Nov 2019 07:41

WW plans are on the app. I've gone purple. Less points but more stuff is free.

She keeps adding to my project! Now Im replacing the radiator. The smoke alarm and doorbell have been deemed not white enough (to be fair, they are yellowed so much you'd think we smoked. House has been up for over 20 years)

I am hopeful the flooring goes down relatively quickly.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 » 12 Nov 2019 09:04

Would like to join you guys if possible. I do weight watchers have stayed blue lost 3 and 1/2 stone mainly before becoming sober! Holding steady since day43 today. Struggling with exercise as sooo tired since af just can’t get enough sleep sugar is now a big treat. Hope that settles too. Will be lovely to get to know you all. Good luck with purple will be interested to see what it’s like. JJ
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

soberfun

Post by soberfun » 12 Nov 2019 17:16

Hi Jj . You are a good example to us if you have been sober for 43 days.
In the end I decided on the green plan at weight watchers. I can always change back. Blue and green have the same weeklies. Weigh in today and lost 2 lbs.
I m in pjs already so won't drink tonight. 2/0
You re handy to have around Seismic being able to do all that DIY.
Hi Ruby Kath and Winkler.