Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

successful cutting down?

Any tips or advice to prevent a relapse, alternatively any of your stories about your own relapses.
Pork
Last Drink Date: 22 Nov 2017

Re: successful cutting down?

Post by Pork » 14 Apr 2019 06:03

Youโ€™re not so different you & I ruby ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Keep on flower ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ’ช

Ruby&Tilly
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 14 Apr 2019 06:24

Pork wrote: โ†‘
14 Apr 2019 06:03
Youโ€™re not so different you & I ruby ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Keep on flower ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ’ช
Got the same sense of humour too ๐Ÿ’ฉ :D when's your holiday? I hoped to get a winter holiday but this court case is still ongoing, maybe next year. :evil:

Ruby XX
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days sober/drinking - Year 1 (2018/2019)

Pork

Post by Pork » 14 Apr 2019 08:10

27th so two weeks :D

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots » 14 Apr 2019 09:10

Ruby&Tilly wrote: โ†‘
14 Apr 2019 05:08
I'm greedy and want the best of both worlds, the default position is abstinence but I want to drink occasionally, definitely not every week (or month?), Just when I'm out with the girls or on special occasions. Definitely not to drown my sorrows. I look at alcohol as a slippery slope, I was pretty far down before I joined BE but from the last year I've clawed my way back up a bit, I don't ever expect to be at the top, ie a normal drinker. It does take a bit of planning, I buy small bottles if I'm drinking in the house, (hopefully) stick to 3 glasses of wine in the pub, neither of which gives me a hangover. I do crave for a day or two after but then it seems to get back to normal, I was at the theatre tonight and it never even crossed my mind, I've also had a few occasions where I planned to drink and decided against it as my friends won't be drinking, I certainly couldn't do that in the past. I hope I can maintain this but I want to try and I can also change my mind at any time should I feel it's getting out of hand. I know it's not for everyone, it's still early days but I feel more confident dipping my toe back in now.

Good luck to everyone in whatever they feel is right for them. ;)?

Ruby XX
Good luck with it Moira! I did manage to moderate for a few years by counting units. It crept up - I think that (apart from the progressive nature of addiction) the other problem was a lot of stress associated with an awful relationship break up with the love of my life. It sounds like you're planning to limit quantities and only drink on positive occasions, which is good strategy! I admit to being anxious for you, but hey.
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.
Completed 2018 challenge

Ruby&Tilly
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Ruby&Tilly » 14 Apr 2019 14:55

Thanks for caring Sally, I certainly will be monitoring it closely and I think, if things go pear shaped, I will be able to go to back on the wagon, good luck with your own sobriety. ;)?

Pork, have a lovely holiday when it comes. (::)

Ruby XX
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days sober/drinking - Year 1 (2018/2019)

Pork

Post by Pork » 14 Apr 2019 15:04

Thanks Ruby. Iโ€™m not anxious for you or me ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜œ
Just just the lawns.
Cream crackered