The Confession Parlour...

Any tips or advice to prevent a relapse, alternatively any of your stories about your own relapses.
Cowboy

Re: The Confession Parlour...

Post by Cowboy »

Hang in there Stewart. When we are hung over and feeling shitty we tend to really beat ourselves up and catastrophize. Like Trojan says rehydrate and stay off the booze and coke for a day or two. It will get better and then you can plan a longer term strategy with RL help.
Recovery is giving up one thing for everything. Addiction is giving up everything for one thing.

Stewart46

Post by Stewart46 »

Thanks for the reply Cowboy. I got through it and I haven't touched anything since (drink or drugs). My palpitations are still ongoing but hopefully will start to ease soon. Man the panic and anxiety I went through after that binge I really hoped was something I had put to bed. I had been doing so well staying alcohol free this year then bang, - have a drink then arrange to meet an old friend who is a user then I'm back on it for 2 days! My wife has been supporting me but I need to go and get some extra support. I'm confident it's just a blip but their dangerous blips for many reasons.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

That's a positive way to look at it Stewart. A blip. Well done on picking yourself up. Happy holidays.
Recovery is giving up one thing for everything. Addiction is giving up everything for one thing.

Stewart46

Post by Stewart46 »

I'm back posting as I confess to a few binges recently. I don't want to drink at all. I feel so sick today and stupid.