The Confession Parlour...

Any tips or advice to prevent a relapse, alternatively any of your stories about your own relapses.
sue
Last Drink Date: 10 Jul 2011

Re: The Confession Parlour...

Post by sue »

Jos and CF, your posts made me well up. Having a young daughter of my own it breaks my heart to see how anyone can make their innocent lives unbearable.
Lots of loving hugs <:)> <:)>
Sue xx

patty
Last Drink Date: 01 Dec 2017

Post by patty »

Jos,

gutted for you <:)> <:)>

Love patty xxxxxx

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

Dear Jos,

Please accept the biggest hug I can give via here, and remember that I'm, we're ALL thinking about you <:)>

I've been at the receiving end of that sort of decision, not quite as traumatic, but I hope I can appreciate the sense of loss and sheer upset you're feeling. I hope you manage to stop delving into the bottle soon for your own benefit.

Not knowing what else to say is a horrible thing on here because actions speak so much louder in person don't they.

Take care,

Sarah.

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

Post by Kitty »

Thinking of you Jos. Your post was very brave, I wish there was something I could do to take away the pain. You have been so kind to me, the empathy and understanding that you show to others proves that this dreadful person has not won in anyway and not prevented you from becoming the caring and worthwhile woman that you are.

with much love,

Kitty <:)> X
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

becstarr

Post by becstarr »

Jos i'm thinking of you matey <:)>

Had a bit of a blip myself last night. My brother in law came over from QLD. I didnt plan on drinking but he rocked up with a bottle of red which we shared After he left hubby and I got stuck into the vodka. Bad move. I'm feeling it today. OH Well.............

queenie

Post by queenie »

jos

i've sent you a pm.
<:)> <:)>

Q
how many therapists does it take to change a light bulb? only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change...

chrissie

Post by chrissie »

Hi Jos - sending positive thoughts your way. Can't add much to what everyone else has said, but I am thinking of you.

Hi Fiend, Becstar - must be something in the water, I am stuggling too to get out of this habit of drinking again. Last night and the night before bought a bottle on my way home, did share it with OH so only half a bottle both nights but feeling rough. Going away for the weekend tomorrow, staying in a hotel, social event Fri night and party on sat so will be difficult but I am going to try not to drink. But I seem to be in a bit of a 'what the hell' mood come the evening. Probably because I'm way too busy and tired and a bit stressed out.

Chrissie
one day at a time

becstarr

Post by becstarr »

I'm drinking now...i felt I had to just to lift my mood & to make me feel better.
I'm not going to go overboard though. We've only got beer so I can generally only handle 3 before I feel like a bloated whatle.

I hope you have success over the weekend Chrissie

xx

Bupster

Post by Bupster »

Hi, Becs,

Hope you manage to stop at three and get back on track tomorrow, that would be pretty damn good going and you'd feel pleased with yourself.

Why did you feel like you had to make yourself feel better, though? Was feeling rough from last night that unbearable, or was there more to it?

All the best,
Bupster
Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. George Herbert

becstarr

Post by becstarr »

Hey Bupster

Yeah just feeling rough - hair of the dog so they say.
I will def be stopping at three. I'm forcing the last of it down now and will be back on track tomorrow.

Bec <:)>

tawny

Re: Fear of Sobriety - and how to counter it

Post by tawny »

I think this thread might have run dry a while back but thought i would post my guinea pig story just so i can get it off my chest.

i had a guinea pig called Snowy in South Africa when i was little. i won him at the local fair. But I was allergic to him and every time i held him i wheezed and came out in a rash. he was in a cage outside and the dog used to traumatise him so my dad put him in the garage and we left the garage door open (although i can't remember/won't remember whether it was enough). The man next door saw us making a bigger hutch and he asked if we wanted more and we presuemd he meant wood for the building and said yes. he gave us two more guinea pigs and then the day after the one had babies and suddenly there were about 9 guinea pigs. i named them brandy, whisky whatever (actually i really did wow) but didn't really care about them and my mum has this phobia about rodents and never went near them. the babies got eaten really quickly by an adult (all totally horrific) and then they all just died from some disease including Snowy. I cried but i remember on some level feeling relief. have thought about Snowy a lot and how i left him in this poo infested cage for much longer than i should have and didn't clean him out regularly enough. Nobody has ever told me about their rabbits or guinea pigs or hamsters dying through neglect before and this has made me feel a whole lot better because i really love animals and would hate to think of them suffering.

so that's it - am glad its out there in cyberspace.
<:)>
if you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you obviously haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation

becstarr

Post by becstarr »

Here I am again.
Feel like I'm back at square one. Unfortunately it has become a habit to drink again on a daily basis. The last 3 days I've drank. I"m drinking now. I'm pretty disapointed with myself. OH just gone for a bottle of wine as I can''t stand the beer anymore.

As of Monday I'm back to abstinence. Promise.

Bec x

Lush

Post by Lush »

Becs any ideas as to why you started drinking again? Has anything happened? Waiting until Monday to start abstaining again might make you feel worse you know - why not start from tomorrow? Whatever you decide though, we're all here when you need to post anything <:)>

Jos, hope you're doing as ok as you can be under the circumstances. If you can face it, please let us know how you are <:)>

Susie
xx
"I love the English language, it has a certain je ne sais qoi".

becstarr

Post by becstarr »

Nothings happened Suse - just boredom really. I've been pretty much house bound for 2 weeks with the sick baby. Its really getting me down. Alcohol is my way out.

xx

becstarr

Post by becstarr »

Hey Fiend

I'm feeling a bit better - have stayed off the wine as well which helps. I've just been keeping myself busy. Baby still not 100% back to the doc for him I think.

Have some hugs from me too <:)> <:)>
And Jos I hope your doing ok as well <:)>

Frank

Post by Frank »

Hiya people, I'm back yeah in the confessional but back, av had some issues to sort out
it involved me goin back to the ale house an drinkin, but not the vast amounts that I did in the past,
I wont bore you all with how I crashed, but I needed to do it cos I now know what I want an where I need to be.
The truth is I've found beein out drinkin is becomin so boorin to me an I need to fill my life with summat else,
what? I dont know hahaha but should be fun lookin.
I didnt want to post while I was out most nights cos I would of felt a bit of a fraud to be honest, anyway its 2 weeks today since my last
bevie. The good thing for me is that I didnt drink once where I had a bad hangover or couldnt remember what happened the nite before
an that, I beleve is down to what I learnt from this site, thank you all.
Anyway how is everyone? just lookin round I see there has been somethin of a dissagreement between members, come on gang lifes to short, do I have to bang some heads together
hahaha only kiddin, whatever it is, its not worth seein people actually leave the site is it? Hope your All well an I look forward to postin
an readin a lot more from today.

Frank xx

Kitty
Last Drink Date: 01 Jan 2011

Post by Kitty »

Hiya Frank,
I was just wondering the other day about how you were getting on.
Well it sound like you've been going through some stuff but have come out the other end knowing more than ever that you don't want to waste your time getting ratted down the pub. It's great that you did not slip back into very bad habits though, glad you feel you learnt from the site. I certainly remeber you gave peopke very kind help and advice when you were here before.
What you say about looking for something to fill your life with is an exciting concept really isn't it? Sometimes I feel overwhelmed at all the things I'd like to do now that I'm not spending so much time and energy on drinking or recovering from drinking.

It's so great to see you back, I hope your little lad is well and I very much look forward to reading your posts

Kitty <:)> XX
"Somebody once said we never know what is enough until we know what's more than enough" Billie Holiday

Bupster

Post by Bupster »

Frank! Missed you! Meant to PM you so many times, I'm really sorry. Glad to see you back. How was the experiment? How are you feeling now?

Love Bupster xx
Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. George Herbert

C F

Post by C F »

Hi Frank
Yes you bang some heads,but please don't bang mine. I have a headache and it isn't due to alcohol!

I remember you gave me good advice on my failed marriage. I have appreciated everyone on here. Well done on the two weeks. Seems like you never got out of control which is great, Frank. Can you find something you are really interested in or something that takes all your thoughts?

Let us know how you're going and its good to see you again. Take care

patty
Last Drink Date: 01 Dec 2017

Post by patty »

Hi frank,

really enjoyed your post, 2 weeks is amazing, glad youve found where you want to be, you sound lovely <:)>

Love patty xx