Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

how much did you drink......

Any tips or advice to prevent a relapse, alternatively any of your stories about your own relapses.
Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Re: how much did you drink......

Post by Topcat » 08 Sep 2012 15:49

Hello Victoria Rose, I see that was your first post on Bright Eye and you've chosen a rather quiet thread to do it on. Was that intentional or would you like to join others in quitting or cutting down?
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Jake.
Last Drink Date: 30 Aug 2017

Post by Jake. » 08 Sep 2012 18:45

About 3 bottles of wine a day, or a 70cl bottle of spirits. Yuck!! :-(
Let me take a selfie

Ben73

Post by Ben73 » 13 Sep 2012 00:57

At my heaviest a liter of vodka a day sometimes more, am tapering at the moment down to a 12% bottle of wine, intending to go to zero soon.

dogwalkingloon

Post by dogwalkingloon » 24 Sep 2012 15:05

victoria rose wrote:yesterday, I drank a bottle of wine. Once I have the first drink I want it all. I just need to not start and figure out why I start.
That was my drinking habit first one drink then i would keep going until i ran out or passed out.. usually around the half a liter a day of vodka mark.

Today im feeling good about it and im so glad ive made the admision to myself i have a problem and im doing something about it ;)?

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 24 Sep 2012 16:00

Well done Dogwalkingloon (mind if I shorten that to DWL)? Admitting I had a problem was the toughest part for me. I deluded myself for years that, because I could stop, I didn't have a problem. What I chose to ignore was that I couldn't stay stopped for very long :oops: . I was drinking a bottle of vodka at my worst. I switched to wine thinking it was healthier - doh :? . Look forward to seeing you around the boards DWL and good luck ;)?
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Jake.
Last Drink Date: 30 Aug 2017

Post by Jake. » 03 Oct 2012 21:52

Gah! To think I used to drink vodka like water. About half a liter or 2 bots of wine. Makes me shudder to remember how bad I felt. Never again
Let me take a selfie

Finley

Post by Finley » 05 Oct 2012 12:42

For the last few years, at least a bottle of wine a night, every night. Sometimes one and a half, on rare occasions more like two. Although I only came to BE a few months ago, I find it hard to believe now, that I was putting so much away. If someone told me now I had to sit in my living room and drink until I'd got rid of two bottles of the stuff, I think I'd be physically sick before even starting. That's progress x
I want to be the best me I can be ...

TARRAGONA

Post by TARRAGONA » 31 Oct 2012 14:19

what do you replace drinking with? i am 50, washed up with trillions of bad decisions and regrets, no money, no hope. i am actually thankful i don't drink more than i do! It's alright for you young folks, you have a future.

Finley

Post by Finley » 31 Oct 2012 14:59

Tarragona - there are lots of people 50+ on BE - there's even a special thread for us :lol: (called 'Anyone here over 50', I think). Many of us have been drinking for the majority of our adult lives and have similarly made bad decisions. I for one can also identify with being skint! Mind you, I would be more skint if I was still drinking 1 to 1.5 bottles of wine every night. I actually don't know how I afforded it, but then, maybe that's one of the reasons for my present financial mess :idea:

Anyway, welcome. Have a look around the various threads and see where you fancy posting. There's plenty of support. Look forward to hearing more from you :)

Finley

Post by Finley » 31 Oct 2012 15:01

ps Tarragona. I'm 52, and would like to think I still have quite a bit of life in front of me :lol: I'm hopeful that by addressing my drinking I'll be increasing the length of that life - and even if I don't, I should be healthier, so more able to enjoy it ;)?

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-2030
First Sober Date: 0- 0-2030

Post by DannyD » 31 Oct 2012 15:54

I'm 60 - and 3 days. And I don't drink no more. I also made bad decisions and have no money or coping skills. I drink tea because I'm boring, but wow, it's such a life with more promise than when I was 59 and 3 days! How much DID I drink? Voddy - until I fell over.
be selfish in your sobriety.

Finley

Post by Finley » 31 Oct 2012 16:07

DD - Happy 60th for three days ago \:)/ \:)/

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-2030
First Sober Date: 0- 0-2030

Post by DannyD » 31 Oct 2012 16:29

Finley wrote:DD - Happy 60th for three days ago \:)/ \:)/
and happy 50 oomph and 4 days to you. \:)/
be selfish in your sobriety.

Lottie38
Last Drink Date: 03 Aug 2013

Post by Lottie38 » 04 Nov 2012 09:42

victoria rose wrote:yesterday, I drank a bottle of wine. Once I have the first drink I want it all. I just need to not start and figure out why I start.
That's exactly how I feel.
Lottie x
You can't pour from an empty cup.

Lottie38
Last Drink Date: 03 Aug 2013

Post by Lottie38 » 04 Nov 2012 09:49

I can generally drink about 2 bottles of wine pretty much every night.
I have read all the posts on here and it doesn't seem much compared to some but it's still too much.
I did chuckle at some of the comments about not buying from the same shop and buying the boxes in stead of the bottles as they are easier to dispose of....yep been doing that too...

Lottie x :oops:
You can't pour from an empty cup.

tee
Last Drink Date: 03 Jan 2018
First Sober Date: 04 Jan 2018

Post by tee » 15 Nov 2012 21:42

GadgetGuru wrote:I drink wine every night.. I work out how many units I can drink and still be OK to drive at whatever time I need to leave the house.
I found myself returning home early so I could drink more.
Last week I got a taxi to work because I had gone over my 'safe' amount.
Last night I wondered .. if I a over my limit would get caught if I drive.
Hence I am here.. I never want to do that!!
I want to cut down and eventually stop.
Thank goodness this site is here.
Omg that's me! Sorry for not replying sooner but I just came across your post and was gob smacked as I know what you mean about the ' if I have a drink how many hours before I can drive' scenario. Thank you for your honesty, lets not put ourselves through the torment any more <:)>
Perseverance is not a long race, it is a series of short races one after the other.

PB&J
Last Drink Date: 24 Apr 2019

Post by PB&J » 15 Dec 2012 19:00

I can drink 2 bottles of wine Friday and Saturday and vodka on top. If husband away I will drink then as well. Not liking myself which makes me think sod it may as well have another :o

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » 02 May 2013 08:56

Regular/normal :roll: amount was 4 litres of 5% Cider a night but it was creeping up and I was starting to hit the occasional 6 litres. I really only had less than 4 if I was either ill or extremely tired. Oh and I drank every night. What stopped me and made me think about what I was doing were dreams about losing my house and ending up homeless or dreams about bailiffs coming and taking all my furniture away. I was also constantly worrying about my health and checking my eyes for first signs of Jaundice, then I'd pour myself another drink. How mad is that :roll:

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 02 May 2013 09:27

Elizabeth wrote:was also constantly worrying about my health and checking my eyes for first signs of Jaundice, then I'd pour myself another drink. How mad is that :roll:
Completely barking, but we still did it didn't we? I even saw yellow eyes looking back a few times and STILL drank some more.
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Jjjj of Old

Post by Jjjj of Old » 02 May 2013 10:00

This is less serious, but I always hated the way cheap wine made me sneeze and my eyes would run until I was incapable of doing anything else while drinking, like reading/watching television. But I'd carry on drinking, regardless :roll:
"Addiction doesn’t go away when we stop drinking." ~ Tai