Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

how much did you drink......

Any tips or advice to prevent a relapse, alternatively any of your stories about your own relapses.
pajero
Last Drink Date: 31 Dec 2011

Re: how much did you drink......

Post by pajero » 25 Nov 2011 11:59

SG, if I were at a quiz night and heard that question I'd have said it was somefing to do with drink measures too! no idea why tho.. just one of those random snippets of meaningless info at the back of yer head for some bizarre reason :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony_glass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<:)>

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip » 25 Nov 2011 20:42

Ragnar... I just read back a few posts and read between the lines. You really have been there, haven't you? Wish you didn't have though...

razzygal

Post by razzygal » 11 Dec 2011 01:12

Beers, lots and lots of beer, It was not only the amounts I could consume, but how fast I could goBBLE down a cold one, and another and another............again and again....stopping the insanity!

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip » 11 Dec 2011 01:59

Razzy one. Try ginger beer. You can't do so much of it - well if you do you indulge in unseemly wind behaviour - top end, not t'other. BUT NOT Crabbies. Strictly the kiddie stuff.

Boris Bike
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2011

Post by Boris Bike » 12 Feb 2012 16:41

That Pony stuff sounds like Thunderbird. I had one very bad vomiting experience on Thunderbird when I was in my teens and didn't try that again.

40percentproof
Last Drink Date: 02 Jan 2012

Post by 40percentproof » 12 Feb 2012 17:55

I think two half bottles of vodka plus a bottle of red wine was me at my worst, some days I can't remember back to though so may have been more.

When I went on nights out it was usually about 5 or 6 pints then i'd start with double spirits and shooters so who knows what that works out at units wise.

Thankfully i'm still here
TWITTER : @40percentproof

www.40percentproof.blogspot.com

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip » 12 Feb 2012 18:13

40% - I was struck by the 'two half bottles of vodka' bit. For simplicity I usually say 'a bottle a day' but in reality it was usually two half bottles. Financially unsound as that is a more expensive way to buy it. I think it was that each day started with an intention to cut down but I didn't slow down my rate of drinking so.....! As a secretive drinker there was also probably an element of the ease with which I could smuggle drink into the house.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Dave

40percentproof
Last Drink Date: 02 Jan 2012

Post by 40percentproof » 12 Feb 2012 20:27

No I bought half and then it became not enough. I used to buy something weaker ie wine after my first bottle then I would get a second bottle of spirits.
TWITTER : @40percentproof

www.40percentproof.blogspot.com

wowser

Post by wowser » 29 Feb 2012 11:54

at my worst I would drink at least a 750ml bottle of martini a day , then 'cut down ' to a bottle of wine a day.

Artlesschaos
Last Drink Date: 21 Jan 2013

Post by Artlesschaos » 01 Mar 2012 22:21

At my worst, 2 litres of strong cider (classy bird eh?) plus a bottle of wine. Shit. That sounds so bad. :oops:
Sometimes you don't realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.

Artlesschaos
Last Drink Date: 21 Jan 2013

Post by Artlesschaos » 02 Mar 2012 08:08

Michelle wrote:Nah not at all Artless, there are no class divisions between drinkers.. I remeber slugging from a bottle of cider vinegar out of despeartion one day many many moons ago...I think I was pickled enough then :-) <:)>

Desperate times, desperate measures. I once (not that long ago) drank mouthwash with alcohol in it in a feeble and unsuccesful attempt to cure a brutal hangover. It failed as I just threw it all back up again.
And to think at the time I was still largely in denial that I had a drink problem. :roll:

How our minds can convince us to keep going eh? :o
Good Morning! Have a good day! :)
Sometimes you don't realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.

Boris Bike
Last Drink Date: 10 Aug 2011

Post by Boris Bike » 02 Mar 2012 16:17

I can't recall ever drinking something alcoholic that isn't designed to be drunk.

However, my brother came to visit once and I had a pint glass of very watered down blackcurrant and apple cordial.

My brother went "WHAT'S THAT!?" in a very alarmed voice. I told him and he relaxed. It was only later that I realised it looked the exact same colour as something we keep in the shed; turps or paint stripper or something. So, it was obviously a bad sign that he knew of my drinking to such an extent that he thought I could possibly turn to that.

There have been times that I've felt so anxious, too anxious to go to the shop, that I've drunk gifts that weren't intended for me that had been stuck in the drinks cabinet for a few months (my mum and dad not being drinkers)... little gift bottles of brandy or rum. That would make me feel guilty as it was stealing and I would also be driven mad by the tiny amounts which weren't really enough to get me out of my hole.

Davidcrtz
Last Drink Date: 20 Mar 2012
Location: East of Eden, South of heaven, North by north-west.

Post by Davidcrtz » 19 Mar 2012 21:26

On a visit to Largs in Scotland my girfriend bought a pack of 'the worlds smallest whiskey miniatures' as a momento....a few weeks later, back home i drank them! there wasn't even enough to fill a lego figure's cup :mrgreen:
Not perfect-just me.
All you have to do to change your life is to change your mind. It really is that simple, but it isn't always easy.

behindblueeyes
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2012

Post by behindblueeyes » 19 Mar 2012 23:04

goodness me ....confession time hey.....

well I usually started with wine - two bottles an evening most of the time - more if I went out for lunch at lunchtime - but if I ran out I would drink anything going....

I started waking up with glasses of whatever on my bedside table....woke up one morning (not that long ago) - with the dregs of a glass of Kirsch (40%) mixed with lemonade by my bed.....had drunk half a bottle of the stuff - and it's designed for cooking.....and I had no memories of the evening at all....

waking up and smelling drink first thing in the morning gave me a 'wakeup call' in more ways than one! :roll:
Dance like no-one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no-one is listening, live like it's heaven on earth.

cleanbreak
Last Drink Date: 15 Mar 2012

Post by cleanbreak » 20 Mar 2012 16:50

I started with a bottle of wine a day.
It quickly became a small 1litre box a day.
Before I noticed I was doing 2 litres a day easily, without even feeling bad the next day.
So I moved to wisky in the morning, 2 litres of wine during the day, and end with wisky just before bed.

There, I said it.
I can understand why my husband drifted away from me.
Funny thing is, he knows about you guys now and he told me he wants to be part of it after all.
I have his full support.
What a turn our story took.
i can do anything i put my mind to

FryingPan

Post by FryingPan » 20 Mar 2012 17:07

Clean that is so good to hear hun, a supportive partner will surely help eh...good on him and you <:)>

cleanbreak
Last Drink Date: 15 Mar 2012

Post by cleanbreak » 20 Mar 2012 17:09

FryingPan wrote:Clean that is so good to hear hun, a supportive partner will surely help eh...good on him and you <:)>
Isn't it just FP?
It gives me new life and more motivation to make this work.
I do love the man!
:D
i can do anything i put my mind to

Pisces

Post by Pisces » 21 Mar 2012 01:02

Two bottles or three of red wine over a period of 8-10 hours, 2 times a week... I work night shift, so would start at 8 am and stay up all day sipping on the stuff, I would water it down so it does not make me drunk too fast and last longer. Fall asleep 8-9 pm, sleep away the next day, I did this when I off work 2 days in a row so I do not miss work. Feeling sick for the next 3 days and definitely made depression/anxiey horrible.

long over do
Last Drink Date: 14 Mar 2012

Post by long over do » 21 Mar 2012 06:21

in july 2011 when i posted on here i was only drinking..lol...at only....but i was drinking a bottle of wine a day..with maybe a night off to double down the next day celebrating my one day sobriety....as this time comes around,my confession is i upped my dose since then,.,.i was drinking fursure a bottle a day with a beer or two or,.,another half bottle of wine...so the next day i could finish the half bottle and then open an entire new bottle...ide leave a tiny sip in it so i could say to myself that i didnt finish the bottle..wow soofunny really
one day at a time

George

Post by George » 21 Mar 2012 08:14

It's quite amazing the lies and stories that we tell ourselves, LOD. It's funny though, it never seems to keep us any more sober :? :oops: :?
“Now I’m sober and I realize, I didn’t drink to escape the world, I drank to escape myself”
― Phil Volatile, Crushed Black Velvet