Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Do we really have to tell other people?!

Any tips or advice to prevent a relapse, alternatively any of your stories about your own relapses.
Mark.

Re: Do we really have to tell other people?!

Post by Mark. » 23 Jan 2018 09:20

No worries, Kokoda. It sounds like telling your partner went quite well. Very best wishes - deciding to get back to practising abstinence sounds the best idea. I'll look forward to seeing you around the forum again ;)?
Nie chwal dnia przed zachodem słońca.

Kokoda
First Sober Date: 29 Jun 2020

Post by Kokoda » 23 Jan 2018 09:52

Thanks Mark, same :)
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

http://www.buddhist-temples.com/buddhism-facts/buddhist-quote.html

DoneandDone
First Sober Date: 24 Oct 2017

Post by DoneandDone » 23 Jan 2018 15:59

Hi Kokoda,

I see you’ve made your way to the other threads and have very good rapport there.

Just wanted to mention something about your partner here as you brought it up. For many of us our relationships with our OH has been fraught with heartache, which of course does not help our drinking problem. How we come to decouple our drinking or not from how things are going with our OH is a a major step in our sobriety. Especially important detaching from how much they are drinking or whether they have it in the house.

In my early attempts at quitting I tried to banish alcohol. Lasted maybe two weeks. It was a dead end. Now with excellent tools in place and a major mind shift it doesn’t matter who I am with or where I am. I can shop for wine for a party without anticipating I will drink. Bright Eye brought me to this sanity.

I mention all this because you have an absolute gem of a partner. I hear others on BE talk about their understanding partners and I would like say this to you and to them if I may.

Everyday when you begin to wake up, before you even open your eyes, say a prayer for them and thank all the powers that be that you are with such a marvelous person. Thank all your lucky stars. Think of what you can do to please them. Never take them for granted.

I am so happy you are here, We can learn a lot from you.

Lots of,love,
D&D
It will always and forever be One Day At A Time

Kokoda

Post by Kokoda » 24 Jan 2018 00:32

Thank you D&D, yes, I am lucky. My ex-husband was a drinker and I had no help there.

My new partner is amazing but it's taken us two years to get to where we are. I definitely don't want to blow it.

I'm so very glad BE is still here :-)
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

faith2be
Last Drink Date: 06 Nov 2018

Post by faith2be » 24 Jan 2018 01:03

Hi Kudoka <:)>
Maybe you remember me. You were so kind to me when I first crawled onto this site yesrs ago in a rather (but alas common) desperate state. As "come_undone".

I will read more and respond later. Its 2am now here and I need Zzz's

But thrilled to see you. Positive. But sorry re your new struggles.
Bug hugs
Xxxx
Faith
Definition of recovery:
1) "a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength"
2) "the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost"

Kokoda

Post by Kokoda » 24 Jan 2018 22:51

Hi Faith,

Yes, I remember, how have you been?

I dropped the ball somewhat, but getting back there, day 3 today.

Hugs, Vicki xx